Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
From an email I just received, followed by a link to an article explaining-

"There are numerous alarming reasons why the US government and the military have been buying up all the ammo. Here�s one of them. Obama and the EPA just shut down the last lead smelting plant in the US. They raised the EPA regulations by 10 fold and it would have cost the plant $100 million to comply. You can own all the guns you want, but if you can�t get ammo, you are out of luck.

Remember when Obama promised his minions that he was working on gun control behind the scenes? Welcome to it. Now, all domestic mined lead ore will have to be shipped overseas, refined and then shipped back to the US. Not only will ammo now be even harder to come by, the demand and the process of supply will cause the price to skyrocket even more. And ponder this� there is an excellent chance that Obama will rig the market to where all ammo has to be purchased from a government entity instituting de facto ammo registration. So much for the Second Amendment. There has not been a peep about this in the major news outlets and it is done. With the US no longer producing lead, all supplies will now have to come from China, Australia or Peru, with the overwhelming emphasis on China. More redistribution of wealth; more economic and liberty crippling of the US on tap.
The asshats at the EPA (evil protection agency) had this to say:
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said the company �made a business decision� to shut down the smelter instead of installing pollution control technologies needed to reduce sulfur dioxide and lead emissions as required by the Clean Air Act.
The Doe Run Co. announced last year that it had dropped plans to build a new lead processing facility in Herculaneum that would have used a new, cleaner lead production technology. The company cited the $100 million project as too financially risky.
The EPA is playing Mafioso I guess � we didn�t make them shut down, they made a business decision. In other words, they couldn�t pay the extortion, so the thugs shut them down. I�m pretty sure that Americans are getting ready to make their own business decision regarding the Marxists and I don�t think it will be pleasant. But Marxists will do or die and are doubling down on the destruction of energy in America, our way of life and the Constitution.
The smelting plant has known since 2010 this was coming. They couldn�t stop it and no one else rose up to stop it either. The business had been in production for 120 years and now goes the way of our auto industry.
The military�s obsession with ammo was related to security and supply. They knew this was coming too, so they bought up all they could get before the plug was pulled. Screw the average American. It�s as Chris Muir said, he�s not as worried about where the bullets will come from, as much as how the government will deliver them and I�m right there with him on that one.
So, back door gun control is moving forward and while we are all distracted with shiny stuff, our Second Amendment rights are just about gone. Obama is one Marxist dictator who is savvy at political chess. He has flanked the Second Amendment. Now it�s our move."

http://gunssavelives.net/news/last-...ue-to-epa-might-affect-ammo-production/#

LOL
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Psalm109:8-9

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Sportsman could kick in the 100 million (a few dollars each) needed to keep it going, not that it could happen any time soon...

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This was a primary smelter that dealt mainly in smelting for car battery companies

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
According to Wiki, about 84% was used for batteries, but where does the lead from bullet production come from? As I understand it, some of the big ammo producers are located near here for that reason.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Copper bullets work just fine.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yes they do but looks at the price of copper compared to the price of lead.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I found a chunk of galena (PbS) once in the Mines of Spain area near Dubuque.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
when will Obama ever realize that mankind is resourcefull? People where killing each other long before guns and bullets came on the scene. you take thier gun, they will use a knife; you take thier knife, they will use a bow; you take thier bow, they will use a spear; you take thier spear, they will use a rock; you take thier rock they will use a club; etc, etc, etc. People will always kill each other and nothing will ever change that.

Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money but we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money. What's interesting is the first group WORKED for their money but the other group didn't.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This WILL affect bullets, it'd be insanity to think closing the only remaining lead smelter in an entire country is NOT going to impact bullets at some point.
From the end of the link gitem just posted-

"Could the lack of primary lead create a little more demand for recycled lead? Sure, but how much is unknown. Could this increase in demand also create an increase in price? Sure, but again, by how much is unknown at this time.

There are many other primary lead smelters in the world and so the flow of primary lead will not be shut off. Where there is a need for primary lead, I am sure there will be a salesman more than happy to pick up the business.
If you read their answer closely, they are saying their source of lead seems to be secure. However, the demand for recycled lead will undoubtedly begin to rise as battery manufacturers may increase their consumption of recycled lead. The increase in hybrid and electric cars will also increase the demand for lead-acid batteries.

Ammo prices have risen with demand and I expect they will continue to rise from both ammo demand and demand for the raw materials such as lead. Where it will end, I just don't know."

Last edited by Fireball2; 11/02/13.

LOL
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gitem_12

ok, so it will not affect bullet production, but what about all the jobs that will be lost? I thought you promised to create jobs Obama? you're creating them alright........IN CHINA

Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money but we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money. What's interesting is the first group WORKED for their money but the other group didn't.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by buckthumper
when will Obama ever realize that mankind is resourcefull? People where killing each other long before guns and bullets came on the scene. you take thier gun, they will use a knife; you take thier knife, they will use a bow; you take thier bow, they will use a spear; you take thier spear, they will use a rock; you take thier rock they will use a club; etc, etc, etc. People will always kill each other and nothing will ever change that.

Ah, yes, but we will NOT be able to kill our oppressors with rocks and clubs will we?

LOL
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I live close enough to the Doe Run plant in Herculaneum to know I would never buy a house there.

The company has done a herculean job of cleaning their place up. Sorry about the pun�

Their sweepers run up and down the city streets all day long. Biggest truck wash I have ever seen.

I would not live there.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Boise
Copper bullets work just fine.

Yeah, good point. Who needs lead? We'll shoot full copper 22LR from now on.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
At only $39.99 a box of twenty-five, that is if you can find them on the shelf.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This story is put out there to ramp up the panic buying and keep ammo of the shelves and try to make shooters just give up , then gun control will be easier for them to past .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This WILL affect bullets, it'd be insanity to think closing the only remaining lead smelter in an entire country is NOT going to impact bullets at some point.

This lead smelter shutdown will have its biggest impact on the cost of batteries, as the Sierra press release said. I'd be surprised if ammunition manufacturing accounts for more than 1% of the lead used in all manufacturing in this nation.

But shutting down the nation's ONLY primary lead smelter is insane. It should be a priority on national security grounds, and the NSA should have told the EPA to go pound sand. I expect somewhere down the road they will.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The niqger invented the stick... and never advanced from there..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

He knows that, but if he can just drive the price of doing business up to cripple us while other nations drive the costs of business down then we are put at a competitive disadvantage.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 160user, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,207 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,188
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.