Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Perfekt Hunters from Cabelas seem to work fine for me.

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
American Danner's or Assolos from Sierra Trading post will serve you better IMHO! The Kennetreks mentioned are nice as well but don't fit my skinny feet. All my Cabela boots have been 1- year boots.

Good Shooting!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
On the Cabelas web site, search the word "Germany". Then choose "footwear" on the left side. Then "mens" Hunting or Hiking. You get the gist. The Meindl's shown should be the ones made in Germany and should be of superior quality; not the "imported" ones. You can tell when you look at the boot description and it's says, "Made in Germany", at the bottom.

Alan

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by valad
Originally Posted by setch
Originally Posted by smokeeter
I first contacted Meindl and they advised me that since they were Cabelas brand that Cabelas was responsible for any warranty and FYI. any item with Cabelas name on it is lifetime warranty which was good. The bad thing is they didn't credit me the full amount and I couldn't get a replacement pair ( new model) for the refunded amount.

...and this is why not to buy from Cabela's, sub-par warranty that is not actually a full warranty, but is just mis-leading

So where do you suggest to buy Meindl's outside of Cabelas? Are the quality of Cabelas Meindls the same as Meindls straight from factory? My guess is Meindls makes Cabelas boots and probably sold to them a little cheaper thus they are telling Cabelas to warranty these Meindl boots?

Valad, I don't know. Back when I still shopped cabelas I tried a pair of meindls and they tore up my feet...they just didn't fit me so I never looked for them again. I can tell you from experience that Schnees makes a damn fine boot (insulated beartooth), every bit as good as miendls I believe and their warranty is solid. Somebody mentioned the kennetreks, which have a very large fan base here on the fire and are carried in small hunting shops around the country. This would be a good option. I still like the danner option based on your usage pattern.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Anyone wear the cabelas Denali boots by meidnl?

I looked at them today and liked them.

Dink

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a pair of Denalis and they have been comfortable and have held up well. Don't wear them all the time as they are slightly insulated and are not the lightest of my boot. However, when I need some insulation and have to climb the mountain all day with good support, they are what is on my feet.

Venor ergo sum
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
That was simple. I just looked at the Cabelas description of the Perfekt Hunters, and it says made in Germany.

With the good wear i'm getting, they had to be.

There's one called a Perfect Extreme that's imported, so don't get that one.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The Denali is made in Germany.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just got the following email from Cabelas about my Meindl boots with the falling apart soles,,,
======================================
Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabela's and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience.
Products Ordered

1 of 81-0087 CABELA'S CANADA HUNTING BOOTS 9 1/2 D BROWN
Cancel-Discontinued
1 of 09-0136 RETURNS GIFT CERTIFICATE
Shipped-11/04/13
Total
Merchandise = $219.95
ORDER TOTAL = $219.95
Payment Types Used On This Order

Exchange Credit = $219.95
========================================

Thats a full refund on a 10+ year old pair of boots,,, and thats why I shop at Cabelas so much,,,, now the decision is either the Denali or the Perfect to replace them

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I bought eh Meindl Perfekt Hunters earlier this year for my month long trip to Wyoming for Elk and ND for Pheasant. I put these boots through a lot in the mountinas and they performed flawlessly for me! Very happy with my purchase....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've been wearing the Cabelas Meindl Perfekt for a few years now and absolutely love them. The most comfortable boots I've worn so far.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
There are a lot of things we can get by with in the field, but boots aren't one. I get the best I can afford. The way I figure it, if I spend $300 for a pair of Danners (or something like that) and they last 10 years, that's $30 per year. And my feet say "thanks" at the end of the day.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If they last 10 years.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The way I see it, one needs several pars of hunting boots.

For moderate temperatures, I use the Cabelas knock off of the Browning Kangeroo featherweight, lined with leather. They likely came out of the same factory, probably whoever makes Irish Sitter.

For somewhat colder, I use the goretex / insulated version of the Browning Kangeroo boot.

For even colder and wet, i use a Danner with goretex and heavier insulation.

I do not do much walking anymore ( health ). I drive near to a good spot and take a stand, or sometimes just park my Mule in a likely spot and sit and watch. Before my heart rhythm went south, I used a hiking boot by New Balance. Insulated and dry. May be better, but they worked for me. I hear lots of good reports on Merrill.

Whatever you get, you are wise to try them on. My boot sizes run from 10 to 12 and from medium width to extra wide. Go figure.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mauser, you are hard on boots and got 7 years on one set of soles? Were they made of diamond plate?

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pak
Mauser, you are hard on boots and got 7 years on one set of soles? Were they made of diamond plate?
Ha!!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by pak

Yep! Why do you think I push the Meindl's?

No bull. I've hiked on these boots for 7 years. Vibram comes in many formulas, and I must have got the super hard compound. Admittedly the ground I hike is pretty soft, but still.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by efw
Oh yeah I think Cabela's is a great place to shop boots. The Meindl models discussed thus far are great, but Danners are awesome too. Most important is fit and each brand/model has a little different feel, even within the same size designation.

I have a 10 year old set of Danners that I have used alot, they are getting wore down but they still fit and feel great (usa made). The new danners (NOT USA made) seem uncomformable when I tried them on, I would galdly pay double if I could get another pair like the 10 year old ones I have...

Ted
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just ordered a pair of the Denali's we shall see how they fit

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I second the advice about Smartwool socks. I use to have "cold feet". I would buy heavier and heavier insulation but my feet would sweet and get cold etc. Finally I broke down and paid the ransom they ask for Smartwool socks. Best money i ever spent. I can hunt comfortably in Uninsulated boots. The key to me was getting the moisture away from my feet. Lightly insulated or uninsulated with good smartwool socks is the solution.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 2,597 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.