Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The comments on anti-guns and anti-ammo Facebook page are great (I stole the anti-comment from there).

It's to bad most people are only blaming Metcalf and posted they would still buy the magazine if he were fired.

There are a whole bunch more Anti-gun people at that magazine.

Who did Zumbo write for when he went anti?

Dink

BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rkamp
Originally Posted by Flfiremedic
Well they got attention...located a traitor...and dumped a lousy writer. Hat Trick!

Speaking of lousy handgun writers, that Chuck Taylor should have wrote for Mad Magazine.

Now don't you be disparaging Mad Magazine, friend! smile

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wonder if either or both are still employed by Intermedia Outdoors.

TT

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rkamp

The internet killed G&A long ago. Barely john worthy except to replace TP.

Not even good for TP, The pages are way too slick. eek

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
What did Chuck do? He used to write ok articles.

Dink

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ignorance in some leftist blogger's rant on the Web wouldn't surprise me in the least, but such ignorance being published (i.e., written by a writer and then read and approved by an editor) in one of the most prominent gun magazines is inexcusable. I'm glad decisive action was taken.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just another idiot out of a job. He sucked IMO.

Good riddance.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Has Dick Metcalf responded at all?

Unreconstructed to the End.
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sure the stock holders had something to do with the firing.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The editor wasn't clear in his letter, but Metcalf was fired and the editor was supposed to leave January 1st, but he has resigned effective immediately. Intermedia has to be going bonkers. It's like like they ran the the Porsche over a cliff. I don't see G&A recovering.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
The editor wasn't clear in his letter, but Metcalf was fired and the editor was supposed to leave January 1st, but he has resigned effective immediately. Intermedia has to be going bonkers. It's like like they ran the the Porsche over a cliff. I don't see G&A recovering.

I'm going to make it a point to buy the next 2-3 issues to bolster sales for doing the right thing....

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tracks
The editor should have fired himself as well.

bingo!!!

However, the real bottom line is that what Dick Metcalf said was not a problem until the explosive push back from readers (and probably advertisers) hit the fan.
At THAT point, it became important to the editor. Not before.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 11/06/13.

Sam......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i know in my case i sent them an email to cancil subscription a couple of days ago, they acknowleged it yesterday with a refund coming.
i mentioned metcalf as a reason for stopping it, although i have to say wasn't really happy with it before.
Interesting they are owned by the same media outlet as shotgun news.
I have taken that for years partially from having known the original owner and family.
lately the articles just seem like shill articles for various manufacturers to stimulate sales.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You ain't gonna get an honest product review from any of them, period...

They beat around the bush, carefully wording everything. It's the same old generic crap you see so much you can recite it in your sleep. sleep

Praise, followed by a minor critique with a big "But" at the end, closely followed by more praise...

Predictable, boring and usually a waste of eyesight.

I'd much rather ask a friend who has spent coin to buy the item and used it, than rely on some gun rag that lives off advertising dollars to give me the straight skinny on a piece of equipment.

That goes double when it's a product from one of their major advertisers.

This board has been infinitely more valuable when it comes to opinions on products than all the gun rags in history put together.

The old Soviet news agency TASS had about as much credibility as these gun mag reviews do nowadays..

I look forward to what JB, Wayne Van zwoll have to say and that's just about it.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
JM-

Ditto

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
You ain't gonna get an honest product review from any of them, period...

They beat around the bush, carefully wording everything. It's the same old generic crap you see so much you can recite it in your sleep. sleep

Praise, followed by a minor critique with a big "But" at the end, closely followed by more praise...

Predictable, boring and usually a waste of eyesight.

I'd much rather ask a friend who has spent coin to buy the item and used it, than rely on some gun rag that lives off advertising dollars to give me the straight skinny on a piece of equipment.

That goes double when it's a product from one of their major advertisers.

This board has been infinitely more valuable when it comes to opinions on products than all the gun rags in history put together.

The old Soviet news agency TASS had about as much credibility as these gun mag reviews do nowadays..

I look forward to what JB, Wayne Van zwoll have to say and that's just about it.
I have to agree with this. I very, very seldom buy a gun magazine anymore. Plus there is the fact that magazines and paperbacks, the latter especially, have doubled in price in the past few years. You pay more and get less.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Another thing is that half the magazines anymore are these real thick compilations and if you don't watch out, it's stuff you've already read before. Plus over half of the mag is a catalog that's half-assed itself.

...and they normally cost about a ten-spot.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 11/07/13.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DINK
The comments on anti-guns and anti-ammo Facebook page are great (I stole the anti-comment from there).

It's to bad most people are only blaming Metcalf and posted they would still buy the magazine if he were fired.

There are a whole bunch more Anti-gun people at that magazine.

Who did Zumbo write for when he went anti?

Dink

Outdoor Life.

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I have not read the rag since the issue that said the Taurus 1911 was as good a any other 1911. About 15 years ago.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
G & A stopped being relevant about 20 years ago.

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
671 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 73 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.