Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RobJordan
So, what exactly did Metcalfe say that wasn't the truth---or have we become like the far left, just excommunicate those who tell truths we don't happen to like?

Jordan

You didn't read the article?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The story made CBS national news this morning, as expected, what an ass.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Where does it say anything about regulating the people's right to bear arms. You are either for or against the second amendment and those of you that are parasites, and want to support the regulating of firearms while owning them yourself for your personal pleasure at the cost of everyone else that has fought and continues to fight for this "unregulated" right, join Brentd and the rest of the blood suckers that frequent this site and stay clear of the rest of us that don't sacrifice principles/rights for some misunderstood cause...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
He is a traitor!!!!

Last edited by rickmenefee; 11/08/13.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by djs
I read the column and found it a rational discussion of a controversial issue. Basically, Metcalf was saying that no law or constitutional amendment) is unequivocal. The first amendment guarantees free speech, but you can't yell "FIRE" in a movie theater.

Same thing with guns; some regulation (hopefully minimal) can be warranted to keep them out of the hands of the mentally ill or criminals, or to regulate where they can be fired (not downtown or in a crowded area).

Metcalf's column was not out of line. Sorry to hear that G&A took the cowardly path to avoid controversy (and dollar loss).

Sorry to hear people like you enjoy the freedoms we fight for.

Travis

You mean like the freedom to just shoot up the town of Havre, Montana in a drunken stupor at 9 AM as kids are going to school? Why don't you do this and then explain to the sheriff (and judge) that you are just exercising your constitutionally guaranteed rights.

What a dumb statement, or likely an ignorant one. Its not like that's not illegal in many ways to already do.

Want a news flash? Want to get rid of most DWI? Ban cars... duh.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RobJordan
So, what exactly did Metcalfe say that wasn't the truth---or have we become like the far left, just excommunicate those who tell truths we don't happen to like?

Jordan

You didn't read the article?

Travis

No. I just assumed he said something like reasonable restrictions are probably Constitutional, which is what our strongest originalist on the Court (Antonin Scalia) says. Now if Metcalfe had said there is no natural right to possess the means to defend oneself or to revolt against tyrannical government, then them would be fighting words. Did he say that? I think there is a natural rights (a right grounded in the laws of nature and of nature's God") to firearms ownership that trumps any enactment of positive law, i.e., any Constitutional right. Jefferson and the founders would say the same. As far as the Constitutional right, its inferior to the natural law right and is not absolute. That is just the way it is with Constitutional rights. Read the Heller opinion. All the conservative justices admit an original intent encompassing reasonable regulations/restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms. I'd say about 90% of the laws regulations out there (Fed and State) are unreasonable. And I'll tell you the most unreasonable: the notion that because you got convicted of felony tax evasion, or theft (or felony bitch slap) you can never own a firearm again. Don't think that is Constitutional.

Metcalfe may have been wrong. Its the excommunication of dissent I have a problem with. We're starting to act like the far left.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 11/08/13.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Read the article and decide.

And yes, I will happily excommunicate any of his ilk. Somebody thinks along the same lines? I hope you fall out of your deer stand and end up with a see-thru mount sticking out of your forehead.

That's my stance, and I'm sticking to it.

'Flave 2016!

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think every gun owner and CCW permit carrier should have some idea of basic safety. I do not think it takes 16 hours to achieve this.

Metcalf apparently had no concept of how defensive the current attack on gun rights and ownership have made the gun owning public. I also consider him of the elitist attitude that he is more equal than others, thinking that it would require extensive training to bring others up to his own firearm competency level. We simply cannot have anyone of that attitude speaking for us in this age if we intend to retain any of our rights.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I think every gun owner and CCW permit carrier should have some idea of basic safety. I do not think it takes 16 hours to achieve this.

Yes.

And for the government to mandate that one complete a course before carrying is an infringement on our rights.

If I have a wife, and she needs to make an emergency, 300 mile road trip, I should be able to place a handgun in her hand, and tell her to carry this on her trip, and keep it in her purse when she stops at a rest area, etc. She shouldn't require a special class, or permit. I don't give a [bleep] what her proficiency is. For the government to make her carrying a firearm, an illegal act is an infringement on our rights.

I knew Metcalfe was a [bleep] hack when he touted the Taurus Judge.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I knew Metcalfe was a [bleep] hack when he touted the Taurus Judge.

Travis

Nailed it.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by shrapnel
The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Where does it say anything about regulating the people's right to bear arms.

Early in the article Metcalf wrote the second amendment states "regulated" so firearm ownership is intended to be regulated (paraphrased by me). I picked up on it immediately knowing there's a comma between "militia" and "being" meaning there's a break in what is being said. The Militia is meant to be regulated as in meeting certain standards and ready to go. Metcalf screwed the pooch and is totally wrong in his thought process.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,617
Posts18,398,496
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.