Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
You guys are going at this back-asswards. I just buy left handed bolt action rifles and never have a problem with windage turrets getting in the way. wink

There ya go....

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I run a Kimber Montana in 338Fed with the 2.5x Leupold ultralight in Talley Extra Lows.....turning the scope 90 degrees makes loading much easier and no problems .....

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It was not uncommon for the Remington 788 to have problems with ejection when the empty case would hit the scope turret and fall back into the port. The obvious cure for this was to rotate the scope 90 degrees so the windage adjustment became elevation etc.
I did this for one fellow and explained to him about the switched functions of the turrets. He came back into the store the next day and it was soon apparent my explanation must have been lacking.
"I've got a problem with this scope", he proclaimed.
"What kind of problem?", says I.
"Well, I went out to sight it in and it hit a bit to the right. I adjusted it to the left and it still hit to the right and now it was hitting low. So I moved it up and more to the left. Now it hit fine for side to side but was lower than before. I moved it up further and it still hit low and now it hit way to the left. I moved it up further and back to the right and I was off the paper. I think the adjustments are screwed up".
I explained again that the adjustment which was on top of the scope was now the elevation adjustment.
"But it says left!", he was getting a bit loud.
"It doesn't matter what it says", I replied, "just take my word for it".
"I'm kind of thinkin' you don't really know what you're talkin' about!", he said, and away he went. GD

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
You guys are going at this back-asswards. I just buy left handed bolt action rifles and never have a problem with windage turrets getting in the way. wink

+1 whats the problem... grin

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, Ackman, 15 invisible), 1,617 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.