-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is the meat of it, but the graphs are what I found interesting. Did not think to try to capture just the text. Thanks for that!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No problem Art. Did not try to capture the graph but I doubt it will show like you want it too.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I was able to copy and paste it, if this is what you were trying to do Art.

ALASKA BOARD OF FISHERIES AND ALASKA BOARD OF GAME
REGULATION PROPOSAL FORM
PO BOX 115526, JUNEAU, ALASKA 99811-5526
(Please note that this proposal is for the February 14-23, 2014 Region III meeting)
BOARD OF FISHERIES REGULATIONS BOARD OF GAME REGULATIONS
Fishing Area Game Management Unit (GMU) Region III
Subsistence Personal Use X Hunting Trapping
Sport Commercial Subsistence Other
JOINT BOARD REGULATIONS Resident
Advisory Committee Regional Council Rural X Nonresident
Please answer all questions to the best of your ability. All answers will be printed in the proposal packets along with the proposer's name
(address and phone numbers will not be published). Use separate forms for each proposal.
1. Alaska Administrative Code Number 5 AAC 85.055 and 5AAC 92.057 Regulation Book Page No.
2. What is the problem you would like the Board to address?
Unlimited Nonresident Sheep Hunting Opportunities and Unlimited Guide
Numbers in parts of Region III
In many parts of Region III (excluding USFWS and NPS lands) where we have open general
season sheep hunts, there are no limits on the number of nonresident hunters or the
guides they are required to hire to hunt sheep. Because nonresident guided hunters have
such a higher success rate than resident hunters, this has led to concerns of localized
diminished populations and future restrictions on resident general open season sheep
hunting opportunities. Some areas are also experiencing crowding, conflicts between
guides and resident hunters and conflicts between guides licensed for the same area.
Our primary concerns are sheep conservation and continued resident general season sheep
hunting opportunities. We firmly believe that we can�t allow any areas to have nearly
every full-curl ram harvested each season, which is what we fear may happen in some
areas if we continue to allow unlimited guiding and nonresident sheep hunting
opportunities. We also believe, just on a matter of fairness to Alaskan resident sheep
hunters, that non-resident sheep harvest rates of 40% across much of Region III, and
50-80% in some subunits, is unacceptable.

All guide bashing aside,, the Western Alaska Range is getting hammered these days by guides that don't have a Federal area or ones that have been displaced by the permit system.

It's the last spot I'd choose for a sheep hunt, resident or non-resident!!

I tend to use more than enough gun
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
My father did his presentation on his FNAWS or Grand Slam, whatever name suites you, to our local SCI chapter. I reported on my hunt and encouraged everyone to save their money and go the Canada route. The draw areas for non-residents are low odds in Alaska and the only way I'd hunt sheep in Alaska again. For someone wanting to shoot a sheep, Canada's concessions limit the number of permits and hunters.

As I was told, the Super Cub technology has also created a big problem in the Alaska Range. Guys told me that it used to be a lot of work with horses, etc. to set-up a sheep hunt and hunt a good area. Nowadays, guys fly around and don't scout or know the area. They see sheep, land, and after a day of waiting---off hunting they go.

Last edited by kscowboy01; 12/03/13.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
always been two classes of sheep hunters here, those with a supercub and those without

decided advantage to guys with a cub, best and most productive sheep hunters I've known own one.

doesn't mean the latter group can't score, I'm part of that fraternity and have been pretty lucky when chousing sheeps!

but flying and scouting where the big rams are, finding a spot you can land and secure your plane and then going after where you know those big boys are is certainly different than wandering the country with boots and binocs! by a long shot

that's not to infer that the cub hunters don't have to put in work to get their rams, they most often do.

but that piece of equipment is just about the same advantage sheep hunting as a guy with optics vs. a guy with no optics.

saves time and walking in a big fashion

I've been lucky to have some pards with Cubs that took me scouting a couple of times.

puts you in a different league hunting ime.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The BOG meeting and submitted proposals can be found here
http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static-f...d/pdfs/2013-2014/bog_proposals_13-14.pdf

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=gameboard.main

The free-for-all NR sheep tags need to be reigned in. Sheep numbers are abysmal across the state, and the resource can't handle the amount of pressure being applied.

N
nmlarry Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
This was proposed
This is not the first time the committes have made these type of proposals.
It will happen but I don't think for at least for 5 more years hard to say though.

I believe this is the same guy Kansas hunted with, I hunted where he did, shot a 10 year old ram in 2011. That's the year he moved back to this area. Oh ask him about the storage barrels he borrowed from our camp to keep. Oh by the way our camp has been in this same spot since 1986 ask him when he came in.
Oh well that's it you just don't have the whole story obviously. You know very little of the area or any history of the area . Also this is a very popular area for residents.
Have a great new year to all coming up.
Larry
Larry

Last edited by nmlarry; 12/04/13.

Love Hunting and Traveling
Buying and Selling Guns
Helping new guys with hunting
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ever check the laws on leaving schit in the woods? "Camps" on public land are completely open to the first person there at any time. Suggesting the camp is yours simply because you have been abusing it since '86 is special.

Leaving your storage barrels there is littering.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Ever check the laws on leaving schit in the woods? "Camps" on public land are completely open to the first person there at any time. Suggesting the camp is yours simply because you have been abusing it since '86 is special.

Leaving your storage barrels there is littering.

Spot on. We've got a camp in our favorite moose hunting area that has been there since about '93 and I think the only reason F&G hasn't burned it to the ground is because it is an open camp and anyone is free to use it. We've got probably close to $5k worth of gear and food that stays there year round. We do try and keep the area clean too.

Steelhead

IC B3

N
nmlarry Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I was going to post some comments but the audience is to shallow.
Have a happy holiday
Larry

Buying and Selling Guns
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nmlarry
I was going to post some comments but the audience is to shallow.
Have a happy holiday
Larry

So you put up post to tell us your not going to put up a post because we are too shallow? OK....... crazy

Steelhead

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Been following this thread. Larry, I know your trying to make a living but your constant hawking of Shankster's hunts gets old quick. I can appreciate you supporting your livelihood but your opinion is obviously biased. I think alot of folks believe Shankster is the poster child for outfitters exploiting, over hunting and abusing the resources in the name of the all mighty dollar. Just because a guy can take 10 to 15 hunters a year doesn't mean he should. I noticed you removed the name you had posted as the outfitter proposing regulation changes. If it was who I think it was, I know him to be an honest and honorable guide who has an impeccable reputation. If he thinks something is not right then his opinion is good enough for me. If you would, please post your true numbers of hunters taken on your sheep and moose hunts versus animals actually taken. I know you have had several unsuccessful hunt there yourself taking multiple trys to get your animal. If the hunts you try to sell were more successful, maybe you wouldn't have to push them so hard or often. Good hunts sell themselves. I see you offering them on nearly every hunting forum on the net. Oh and have a happy holiday.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
leave it to an old MO boy to cut to the chase and strike the X ring

funny how I've never seen Shoemaker pandering for clients on here, nor any of the outfitters I worked for.

could might be a hint in there somewhere

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Happy clients are the best advertising.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dang! even the joisey boys gets it grin

N
nmlarry Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Well I am not pandering for clients as you no this media is a way of advertising.
Second of all not everyone is successful with any outfit.
Next this is not for Shoemaker
Last not sure where you get I have several unsuccessful hunts with Tom Shankster.i have been in this camp 3 year and harvested a 10 year old sheep the first year. 2 years ago I passed on hunting and worked in camp mainly because the bad weather and my third year harvested a 65" moose.
If you guys don't like the add forget it.
Also for the record I do not get any compensation for Tom Shankster I am retired and all I do is hunt world wide.
I am only letting people know what good deals I have received.
So if you are not liking it I can't help it. sorry
It to bad you guys use hearsay to live on
Probably if you want to be vindictive show some proof of your accusations like letters for the Alaska authorities. Scott your opionion is just that opinion no facts to back you up. Sorry but you never hunted with us and if you did you would definitely be changing your statements.
This is like beating a dead horse. Sorry for a few guys that can't get a life away from the computer have to destroy opportunities for others.
Happy hunting if you actually do that. Not sure how some of you can with 10's of thousands of posts when would you ever have time.
Larry
Oh by the way if anybody wants to ask questions or follow up with is call me anytime I am not relucultant to talk to anybody.
575-791-9840 please no vulgar language if you call.
Larry
Oh by the way I have paid for all my own hunts . No matter who I recommend for hunts.
So no Bias

Last edited by nmlarry; 12/05/13.

Buying and Selling Guns
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by nmlarry
Well I am not pandering for clients as you no this media is a way of advertising.
Second of all not everyone is successful with any outfit.
Next this is not for Shoemaker
Last not sure where you get I have several unsuccessful hunts with Tom Shankster.i have been in this camp 3 year and harvested a 10 year old sheep the first year. 2 years ago I passed on hunting and worked in camp mainly because the bad weather and my third year harvested a 65" moose.
If you guys don't like the add forget it.
Also for the record I do not get any compensation for Tom Shankster I am retired and all I do is hunt world wide.
I am only letting people know what good deals I have received.
So if you are not liking it I can't help it. sorry
It to bad you guys use hearsay to live on
Probably if you want to be vindictive show some proof of your accusations like letters for the Alaska authorities. Scott your opionion is just that opinion no facts to back you up. Sorry but you never hunted with us and if you did you would definitely be changing your statements.
This is like beating a dead horse. Sorry for a few guys that can't get a life away from the computer have to destroy opportunities for others.
Happy hunting if you actually do that. Not sure how some of you can with 10's of thousands of posts when would you ever have time.
Larry
Oh by the way if anybody wants to ask questions or follow up with is call me anytime I am not relucultant to talk to anybody.
575-791-9840 please no vulgar language if you call.
Larry
Oh by the way I have paid for all my own hunts . No matter who I recommend for hunts.
So no Bias

Really? Didn't you post this earlier in the thread?:

Atvalaska
Sounds like you have a bone to pick with outfitters.
Actually the only problems I ever had with any outfitters where the resident master guides of Alaska
I have cases against some of them for various license and game violations.
I guess you never had to supply accommodations and do much client flying but that cost money not counting the gear and food.
Alas your a resident things come free to you guys I guess.
Not to get into a pissing match all we are doing is to supply a great hunt and try to make a living. Sorry if this post is not to your liking

That is a contradiction if I've ever seen one.

Last edited by kscowboy01; 12/08/13.
N
nmlarry Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Not a contradiction sir
It's Toms living and livelihood not mine.
Seems you really have an obsession with a topic you no very little about.
Sorry
He is just a good friend and thought I would help him.
I see other posts of guys recommending outfitters why don't you chime in on those I am sure you are the main authority on this forum for who people should hunt with since you have all this extensive Alaska experience from the numerous hunts you have had there.
You don't even know me so I can't figure why you're so critical of my posts.

Buying and Selling Guns
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Larry,I think your putting a big cloud over yourself and Mr. Shankster. In your post you use the words us,our, and we ,for the record what do you do to connect yourself to Mr Shankster without compensation ?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

609 members (204guy, 222Sako, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,260
Posts18,448,161
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.