Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

<br>
<br>I'm hopin' that's the recipe for success!
<br>
<br>Work isn't in the cards today boys. Gonna head up high and try to beat the fog and find Mr. Big....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll be helping a buddy frame his house today. Want to trade????
<br>
<br>Good luck!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i'm doing yard work on the farm... i'd prefer to go hunting...
<br>
<br>good hunting, stick...hope ya tip over a big'un.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Going to build a horse corral at hunting camp today, then do a little scouting for Mr. 8x8.
<br>
<br>Good luck Stick, hope you put on some crimson red to cover the pink.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bow season opened this morning.Where the hell was I?Asleep in bed.I was wide awake will 2 AM.When the alarm went off at 5 AM I just walked over,turned it off and went back to bed.Maybe I'll make an evening hunt.
<br>
<br>Good luck Stick.I've got another month to go before rifle season starts-then these smart ass bucks will learn a thing or two. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck Stick. Hope the Duct tape holds!
<br>
<br>Let us know how it goes...

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Stick,
<br>
<br> I'm hopin' the duct tape is not to cinch up your midsection. I saw your post regarding hernia.....
<br>
<br>Good luck!!!!
<br>
<br>MM
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Had to lay carpet in the little guys new bedroom today. When I got it done all streached and trimmed out it was time to head for the range. Shot up a couple hundred rounds of 357 and several boxes of 22...just practicin.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Moving house [Linked Image] Filled up 1.5 24ft Ryder loads today. Dragging my weary bones to bed. Up again at 5.00AM. Have aged about 15years today. Will probably turn 96 tomorrow [Linked Image] badger.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well,to cheer you Boys up,I didn't whack Mr. Big,so you missed out on little.
<br>
<br>EVERYTHING in these parts,is running late this year and I'll be damned if I know why. I only saw 10 Bucks and 9 of then were in full untouched velvet. Generally during this time of year,they are 50/50 in/out of velvet,as a minimum. Meaning half the Bucks I see,are hard horned with not even shreds of remaining fuzz. Very weird,this go 'round.
<br>
<br>I spied Mr. Pretty Damn Big though,but let him go,hopin' I can find him in a week or two after he's hard horned(shiny). He was a very nice 4x4 with nice width,he looked pretty heavy,but much of that appearance is due to velvet. Hope to see him again,preferably in the rut,with his cape all primed out. I'll be gunnin' for him.
<br>
<br>Fog really played havoc on me,it was peekaboo,all day long. Sorta fun and frustrating both. Nice to be able to creep around,hidden in the fog,but it certainly did NOT lift every time I wished it to. I likely came in second on the deal. I sorta figured that,going in,as it was forecasted. Damn if they didn't hit it on the head!
<br>
<br>Gonna' crash out early and take Sister fishing tomorrow. I'm whipped.............
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
El Nino[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>I went and helped wifey with cleaning chores at the Church for two hours, went to range to shoot with buddies for a couple of hours, then went over by Cheahas house to a hunk of Granite sticking out of the water and swam/played for several hours...a nice park to go to...Overall I had a great day..
<br>
<br>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ROR,
<br>
<br>El nino was my first thought too.

Rick

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stick, Would you mind terribly if I asked you to rename this thread. For some reason I keep thinking of two gay guys in a hunting cabin every time I see it. Yuck, hack, cough, spit, etc.... Not an image you really want to keep in your mind. [Linked Image] Other than that, I am real interested in how the hunting goes as it will be the end of September before I get to go! TM

Last edited by travelingman1; 08/18/02.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
in another month, i'll...still be waiting on bow-season to open...
<br>
<br>

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You ain't the only one that hunts with duct tape. I take M&M's with peanuts. I couldn't stand the sugar jolt of of the Pop Tarts.
<br> I've said enough about the Pink Rifle. E

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
TM,
<br>
<br>That has gotta be the funniest Post I had EVER read,despite it being at MY expense.
<br>
<br>The Duct tape is for my guts,the Pop Tarts are my "go to" carry grub and the Pink Rifle,wellll it is what it is......................

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The closest opening season to me is in SC and that is Oct 1 with muzzleloader season, Next is GA at Oct 12, then TN at Nov 4 and finally my home state of NC at Nov 9th.
<br>
<br>What a bummer...

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well,I'll save you the abuses and won't punish you with our liberal Seasons......................(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Old Joe snored so bad no one could sleep in the same room with him. Those who had to share a hunting camp with him wore their hearing protectors to bed if they wanted to get a good night's sleep. When young Bill was asked to join the lease quess where they told him to set up his cot? Yes, in the same room with Joe. The first morning at breakfast Bill was red eyed from lack of sleep and the camp was having a good joke at his expense. The second morning, however, Bill looked rested and refreshed. When asked how he had slept Bill answered just fine, I slept like a rock. You mean Old Joe's snoring didn't keep you awake. Asked the camp pratical joker. Joe never snored a lick last night. said Bill.
<br>
<br>Latter that day, before Bill returned from his stand, Joe addressed the camp. You boys keep your eye on that Bill. Last night after I turned out the light, he come over and kissed me on the ear and said " good night sweetie".

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PDS, THAT is a funny one!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,312 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,610
Posts18,454,896
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.