Print Thread
Hop To
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Anyone know of a source for a butter knife bolt handle for a T3?

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I would think a gunsmith should be able to make one for you. Of course, he would have to want to do it! GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've thought for awhile that they would meld nicely with Tikka's. Actually started to monkey with a prototype for [bleep], but it ended up in the trash. Wouldn't be much to it if a fella had the right tools and patience, which I don't....

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
I hear that 16bore. I've been in the machine and fab trade for 33 years,and I don't want to do it. The last thing I want to do in my spare time is the same thing I did all week,lol. I prefer the "Buy it and bolt it on" approach.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I need to come play in your garage...

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have one in the white. It needs to be welded on. $25 shipped

email me if interested.
Jkob60msn.com

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
e-mail inbound.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you guys must run a bolt differently than me cause i cant stand them....i actually have a Greek Mannlicher Schoenauer that someone welded a butter knife bolt handle to and im gonna have it taken off and a round on resembling an early Jeffery sporter put on cause i cant stand how it feels when i work the bolt....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I too have been looking for a butter knife bolt handle to put on my moutain rifle. I should have ordered on when Brownell's used to carry them.
Like rattler, I too love round, smooth and easy to grasp knobs on my working rifles but butter knife handles are for rifles where the speed of a second shot is not as important as the ease of carrying.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I recently got a mauser with a butter knife bolt handle. I'd never used one before, but found it to be just as fast/easy to use as a rounded handle when using the blade/palm of your hand to work the bolt. I really expected it to be more troublesome but was pleasantly surprised.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I recently got a mauser with a butter knife bolt handle. I'd never used one before, but found it to be just as fast/easy to use as a rounded handle when using the blade/palm of your hand to work the bolt. I really expected it to be more troublesome but was pleasantly surprised.

wouldnt say its troublesome, just absolutely hate how it feels....guess it feels like less of a solid contact with my palm when working the bolt......may have to leave it for awhile and see if it truly feels better as far as packing but i have a feeling regardless its getting changed....

my wife however runs a bolt with her thumb and index finger and loves bolt handles like this or the flattish dog leg handle of the Rem 600 type rifles

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For function, hell no. Euro-look, sure.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
[Linked Image]

How many you need?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I only need one

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Remind me if I don't get ahold of you. I'm ip at deer camp until dec.
Don

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Count me as not being a fan of butter knife style bolt handles. They look nice, but I find the narrow edge to be uncomfortable when cycling the action for a second shot. The butter knife bolt handles on the Interarms Mark X mannlicher stocked rifles are particularly annoying, as they requires at a minimum, medium height rings to allow the ocular housing to clear the high lift bolt handle.

Jeff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 46 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,182
Posts18,465,649
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.