-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have two, one in LH 264 Win Mag and one in LH 243. The 264 has a Montana barrel and stocked by me in a HS Model 70 Stock and will group 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch with the 120 gr BT which is the only bullet i use in it and the only one i have tried. The 243 was barrel by PacNor with their SS Match barrel and Stocked in a McMillan Edge which i did myself. It will group 1/2 to 3/4 inch using the 90gr Swift Scirocco which is the only bullet i have tried in it . They both shot so well with the first load i tried i didn't see the need to go any farther. I purchased 300 140 gr Berger VLD Hunting for the 264 but have never got around to trying them . If you want a Custom Rife you could do a hell of a lot worst than the Montana Action . They make really great CRF Rifles . If you want a lighter rifle then go with the Edge Stock and the Montana SA

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

F
F
7x57Steve - I met Brian's son when I purchased my two custom rifles. I doubt he has any problem with someone giving an example of their problems they've had and am very sure he wants folks to contact the company about any issues in order to have an opportunity to make something right. However, if every time someone asks about that company you chime in and attack someone�s character for something that sounds like it happened 10 years ago and you�ve never given them a second chance ... well maybe it�s time to stop chiming in because now it�s your character that is lacking. I don't like seeing anyone on here (or any forum) with lacking character, because we all provide information to assist one another many ways and for the companies that read this forum, improve their products and/or customer service.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kk alaska
I have a LH MRC SS 6.5 X 284 it shoots great now after I replaced the MRC Barrel with a Douglas. And chambered it in
6.5 X 284 Lapua. But it feeds well.

I have yet to get a bad Montana Barrel , i now own three rifles with their barrels and all will group 1/2 inch or better if i do my part. The Montana AR Barrels are the best i have tried and wish i had purchased at least a dozen when i purchased the last two .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a M1999 in 30-06, I started putting together in 2004. The rifle is a tack driver, my only nock is the weight. MRC barreled actions are HEAVY. it Wears a McMillan stock, scoped and ready to hunt is weights 9.4 pounds.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Genesis 9:3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by freddiemerc
7x57Steve - I met Brian's son when I purchased my two custom rifles. I doubt he has any problem with someone giving an example of their problems they've had and am very sure he wants folks to contact the company about any issues in order to have an opportunity to make something right. However, if every time someone asks about that company you chime in and attack someone�s character for something that sounds like it happened 10 years ago and you�ve never given them a second chance ... well maybe it�s time to stop chiming in because now it�s your character that is lacking. I don't like seeing anyone on here (or any forum) with lacking character, because we all provide information to assist one another many ways and for the companies that read this forum, improve their products and/or customer service.

No experience with MRC rifles. However, to call out another person who I don't know and say their character is lacking, would not be something I would do. YMMV.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Sounds pretty sweet now!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yes shoots great now, I was done with the MRC barrel, left it with Dave at IT&D did not ask for it back. Did not know if it was the barrel or the chamber issues. Just tired of throwing time and money into it.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,990 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,702
Posts18,456,802
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.