Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Time to start putting it through the rigors...

Weathered out from hunting today, so the conditions are nasty enough for a little scope testing....12*F with strong winds out of the northwest and sideways snow.

I mounted it on my GA Precision lightweight .260. Rings are Talley Lightweight Lows/30MM. It sat out on the bench for about an hour before I bore-sighted it and got it on the paper and zeroed. It took two shots to get my zero and confirmed the mil adjustments were correct.....at least at 100 meters.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

When George Gardner and I met with the Bushnell engineers last winter at SHOT, we were both outspoken about the elevation turret being low profile and user friendly. My suggestion for larger, more visible numbers and hash marks, for ease of use in low light and for hunters with aging eyes was well taken. Mounted in the Talley's, the elevation turret produces 10.8 mils of travel on one full turn. With the return to zero there is a positive zero stop as well. Simple and fast.

At 12*F the elevation turret and parallax worked fine with hardly any resistence. The eyepiece diopter was a little stiff as I was expecting as I've never used a scope where that wasn't the norm. The power ring was also a bit harder to turn as well.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gawd I love that rifle...

Tanner

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

A little chilly up here in the north country.....grin!

[Linked Image]

The group on the right was the one I was most interested in. After each shot, I ran the elevation turret to 10.8, then back to zero. Return to zero looks good so far...

123 scenars shot pretty good per usual.

Next test will be a "Box Test" for accuracy of tracking. The weatherman says it's going to drop down to 25 below zero by the end of the week. Good conditions for more testing. This scope is going to get used very hard........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm saving my pennies...

Is the elevation turret a single turn setup? Or can you keep spinning past 10 mils?

If you're getting 10.8 I'm guessing you pass zero to do it?

Last edited by Carl_Ross; 12/03/13.

Empirical results rule!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Single turn.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Carl_Ross
I'm saving my pennies...

Is the elevation turret a single turn setup? Or can you keep spinning past 10 mils?

If you're getting 10.8 I'm guessing you pass zero to do it?

.8 past zero.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pat, i know your sold on mils

i am used to the whole dial for yardage with moa, and a premade turret in the yardages, looking for new or better ideas, wondering the good bad in the mil setup,

seems like your ranging in meters if i remember, if ranging in yards, spinning that turret in mils, how does that all connect,,,

thanks,
i am liking the looks of that scope, wondering how your liking the optics, dawn to dusk,

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man-O-live, guys that actually shoot using a Bushnell

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
No problem ranging in yards and shooting mils. Most of my hunting buds roll that way.

My bet is, this scope will also be available in MOA. Maybe not right away, but it will happen.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDFinn

Go to a major tactical shoot. You'll see more Bushnell scopes, than Nightforce scopes.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 300stw
... seems like your ranging in meters if i remember, if ranging in yards, spinning that turret in mils, how does that all connect ...

Do you understand any trigonometry?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

Go to a major tactical shoot. You'll see more Bushnell scopes, than Nightforce scopes.

Been telling folks here for years Pat, that the Elite stuff should be sold under a different brand name altogether..........you know, for the guys that think there's only one scope maker out there. Me, I've been using Elite scopes for more than 15 years...

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
looks like you have a "new breed of scope" there--a compact, tidy, sensible size model for hunting, graced with all the needed amenities of a "tactical" scope system--very respectable--and the true t&e in that inclement weather makes for the beginnings of great medicine.

from about 16-17 years back, i've used the b&l 3000 and 4000 scopes, along with the more "recent" bushnell 3200, etc., and they are very good scopes. using that scope manufacturing background--and then building on it using specific criteria based upon real world field experience is the formula for the makings of a very good system...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am curious about them, where are the elite's manufactured? I have only owned the cheaper ones and ignorant about the Elite's

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In Japan, by Light Optical Works. They make Nightforce scopes too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you happen to put in on a scale before you mounted it? I'd be interested to know the weight. Also, is it FFP?

Looks like something I could like ALOT.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Been telling folks here for years Pat, that the Elite stuff should be sold under a different brand name altogether..........you know, for the guys that think there's only one scope maker out there. Me, I've been using Elite scopes for more than 15 years...

I was impressed with the company's willingness to sit down and go over solid idea's and details with a couple regular guys that hunt and shoot quite a little. They took good notes.....we just want products that work. I'm not in bed with any manufacturer, or brand name. If I find something that works for me, then I'll use it and share my experiences with others. Personally, I try to avoid the brand "X" VS. brand "Z" arguments, even though I'm guilty of it once in awhile.

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

The timing of this post is very interesting to me and I'll explain why. Admittedly I don't know squat about tactical stuff, but find it interesting. Very near the ranch I hunt whitetails on lives one of the premier sniper trainers in the world, bar none. He is very close friends with my cowboy buddy there. He (the trainer) highly recommends a Bushnell tactical (HDMR i think?) scope. The reticle freaked me out when I fiddled with the setup, but coming from him, it's pretty much inarguable IMO. The NF and S&B guys sometimes schittt their pants when he does that.........In fairness, some of the super high dollar rigs he sees and uses are topped with S&B's fairly often. He says you can imagine the look on people's faces when he says the very best bang for the buck on the planet for tactical shooting is a Tikka T3 tactical wearing a Bushy........

Last edited by JGRaider; 12/03/13.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pointer
Did you happen to put in on a scale before you mounted it? I'd be interested to know the weight. Also, is it FFP?

This one is 22.5oz. I'm told sometimes prototype optics will have heavier materials in them, than what the production run units will have. Some internal parts may be made of steel instead of alloy on the prototype.

It is a FFP scope.

I plan on doing a head to head with the Bushnell, a S&B 10X42 PMII, and a March 3-24X42.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by 300stw
... seems like your ranging in meters if i remember, if ranging in yards, spinning that turret in mils, how does that all connect ...

Do you understand any trigonometry?

never heard of it

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Really?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pointer

This one is 22.5oz. I'm told sometimes prototype optics will have heavier materials in them, than what the production run units will have. Some internal parts may be made of steel instead of alloy on the prototype.

It is a FFP scope.

I plan on doing a head to head with the Bushnell, a S&B 10X42 PMII, and a March 3-24X42.
Thanks for the info! I knew you guys had spec'd it to come in at 24oz or less, but didn't know what the actual was. I think I could live with that weight, but a skosh lighter wouldn't hurt my feelings any. Used my first FFP scope this year in Wyoming and I like that setup alot. Now I just need to make more time for trigger pulling so as to really start to see it's benefits. Thanks for all the info and welcome back. Hope the boys have a good winter on the wrestling mats!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What's your opinion on the glass, Pat?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I would rate the glass on par with NF and March. Maybe one notch under the S&B.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My bet is, this scope will also be available in MOA. Maybe not right away, but it will happen.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love almost everything about this scope, just not in the mil version. Yes there has been a disconnect and a gap in the long range rifle scope world. no one has seem to got it till this scope.

I would like to see what this scope does on a tall target test. just got the applied ballistics videos the other day. inverted T on a tall target in this case probably 4 feet high. set it up perfectly level. measure off exactly 100 yards, best done with a tape measure. shoot a group, then crank that baby one full turn of 10 mils, now shoot again. I am sure you have probably done this before. I am interested in what if any tracking error this scope has. tracking that is as good as my nightforce will sell me on potentially switching.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Any plans for slightly higher magnification on the upper end? How do these turrets compare with the 6500. The 6500 turrets to me seem to turn way too easily...

Bill

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
a 3-15 model would have been ideal, I like higher power for load development and long range load development. 15x on the top gives me enough so I don't feel the need to put on my high power scope then switch back. but 12x is enough for long range hunting in practice in field conditions. they may have felt a 4:1 erector was more user friendly ie getting behind the scope etc.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Just finished up this "Box Test". I'm pretty pleased to say the least!!

The scope definatley works in the cold!.....rifle ain't half bad either!!

Some of those groups look like two shots, but they are all three shot groups.

Last edited by scenarshooter; 12/04/13. Reason: added info

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
looks like you at least have the scope mounted correctly grin and it does track vertical, I assume those markes you made were premeasured to whatever 3 and 9 mils = at 100 meters, if thats the case it already better than a leupold grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks great, Pat! Feel like running one or your S&B scopes on the same piece of cardboard just to see how it compares? *grin*

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
looks like you at least have the scope mounted correctly grin and it does track vertical, I assume those markes you made were premeasured to whatever 3 and 9 mils = at 100 meters, if thats the case it already better than a leupold grin

30 cm and 90 cm.

MRAD are more intuitive and straight forward than MOA, but some of us are stuck in MOA mode (I like and use both) wink

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
a 3-15 model would have been ideal, I like higher power for load development and long range load development. 15x on the top gives me enough so I don't feel the need to put on my high power scope then switch back. but 12x is enough for long range hunting in practice in field conditions. they may have felt a 4:1 erector was more user friendly ie getting behind the scope etc.

While we're wishin', I wish for a 4-16X, but a 4-20X would be even better.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
If I have to sell every scope I own to do it, I'm gonna have to try one of these�

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
If I have to sell every scope I own to do it, I'm gonna have to try one of these�

John

You won't be flyin solo on that.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Cant wait for this scope to hit the racks.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Guesstimate a price?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
This is what George Gardner said in another thread.

Got word today that the scope Indicated Retail for $1479, That's Retail, should not change from this.

Im guessing that they will sell in the neighborhood of $1250-1350 being that nobody gets retail.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thanks for the info. Any idea when they will be out? Might have been stated and I over looked it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Can't wait for these to hit the market! My GAP rifles will definitely be wearing one...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What's the price point on this scope? $299 MSRP?

I just scored a Vortex Viper HS 4-14x44 30mm tube MOA clicks for $399. should have it this week.

Bushnell LRHS Specs
3x12 power
22oz
13.4" long, comes with 2" sunshade
30mm Tube
44mm OBJ
1/10th Mil/Mil adjustments
10 MIL per rev low profile elevation knob
24 mils of travel
Zero Stop (Easy to Set!!)
10 mil per rev windadge , capped
side focus 20ft to INF
great field of view
great eye box
Glass on par with $2500+ scopes

Bushnell let Myself and Pat Sinclair spec this scope out completely. lots of the features were formulated from Pats experience in big game hunting and predator hunting. We thought of lots of little things that would be perfectly combined into the ultimate LR Hunting scope. From large numbering and a zero Indicator to easy to use elevation knob and zero stop, capped but useable/zeroable windadge knob. Easy to adjust power ring. Newly designed LR huntind reticle.

About the reticle, the G2DMR reticle was redesigned for better use as LR Hunting reticle. The bars filled in and brought in closer to the center, more defined center for better low light use, a 4 Mil halo around the center for rapid centering and use as a donut of death on low power, the same mil grid for elevation holdover and wind hold-off as the Original G2. Behold the G2H!!

This scope is going to Debut at the Shot Show and I will have the first 200 units on April 10th of 2014. A few will go out to testers, and Pat will update everyone on his use of it and the testing he is doing with it already. Earlier prototypes have already proven worthy on some LR Antelope and Deer.

This will be the start to a line of LR Hunting scopes Bushnell has plans to offer, Ideas coming - MOA version, 4x16x50 model for 2015, LR varmint model???

This scope is also the perfect optic for a Precision AR type rifle. Bushnell will be offering a FDE Model called the LRS for this purpose as well in the fall of 2014.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2182/1794922/23569132/408381066.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2182/1794922/23569132/408381074.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2182/1794922/23569132/408381076.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2182/1794922/23569132/408381084.jpg[/img]

George Gardner
G.A. Precision Rifles
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I am saving up for a higher end LR scope, looks like this one is on the radar!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pat/George,

You guys ever compared it to the Premier Light Tactical 3-15x50 or Nightforce 2-10x42? Those two scopes seem to be the closest as far as features go.

Thanks,

Dan

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Just nit-picking here, but why such a large cap to cover the windage adjustments? Seems like you could slim that down a bit.

Its actually not that big, It doesn't even stock out .500" Its actually got a usable windage knob underneath.

George Gardner
G.A. Precision Rifles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I assume it's a FFP reticle George ?

Built off this platform with some changes ?

http://swfa.com/Bushnell-3-12x44-Elite-Tactical-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P51677.aspx

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like they've really got something there! Thanks for sharing, Pat.

BTW, tickets available for Sunday. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
I assume it's a FFP reticle George ?

Built off this platform with some changes ?

http://swfa.com/Bushnell-3-12x44-Elite-Tactical-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P51677.aspx

Similar but not the same, Tube is different, Saddle redesigned, Has Zero Stop, Different Turrets, it has allot of functional differences that set it completly apart from that scope. Reticle change and yes its Front focal plane.

Its a huge step in the right direction for a dedicated Long Range Hunting scope.

Available to the masses in April 2014

George Gardner
G.A. Precision Rifles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That reticle looks like it would work good in low light too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That looks intesting, a lot to like about that scope. I guess time will tell.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's kinda a shame that these new scopes weigh as much as they do, but I understand that if you want a durable variable scope with a 42mm objective, or thereabouts, it's going to have to have some bulk as well. Personally, I'm not crazy about scopes that are 20+ ounces and my last variable I bought, a Leica ER 2.5-10x42, comes in around 16 ounces which is mounted on my Remington 700 African Plains Rifle in 300 WM. It's a heavy rifle, so the weight of the scope doesn't throw off the balance.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I"m curious how it will stack up with the March 3-24x42....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In what way ? Glass or durability ? Can't remember if it was Pat or 10x that said the glass was " a notch below" S&B and one of the other top jobs.

ps. Just found the quote...

I would rate the glass on par with NF and March. Maybe one notch under the S&B.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Overall durability and repeatability, I'm curious about the glass but don't expect it to quite match up to March's glass!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Overall durability and repeatability, I'm curious about the glass but don't expect it to quite match up to March's glass!

Nope that is a pretty suspect quote/statement IMO.

March is easily better than NF and S&B.. Top of the line Zeiss glass is better than both also IMO....

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

March is easily better than NF and S&B.. Top of the line Zeiss glass is better than both also IMO....

I thought that's what I said?

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Do I understand that you are testing a prototype made with steel internals but that the production scopes may have aluminium parts ?
I find that odd. The reason why steel is used in tactical scopes is they are designed to be run harder. Apparently steel parts hold up better with heavy use of the adjustments. E

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm agreing with you and referring to Scenarshooters statement. IMO S&B and NF in no way are as good as March glass.......

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

I'm agreing with you and referring to Scenarshooters statement. IMO S&B and NF in no way are as good as March glass.......

Oh ok ..It will be nice to hear his review when finished, have never looked thru a March but S&B is pretty incredible,hard to imagine things getting much better!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those March scopes must have some view if you're saying they are better than a S&B. Guess they should be at $3K+.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
March would be my first choice of all scopes, but their price tag is not even close to my budget.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
March would be my first choice of all scopes, but their price tag is not even close to my budget.
Even more outside of my realm considering they only come with a 5yr warranty.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Cool scope.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My first hand experience is that the S&B PMII of Pat's has slightly better glass than the March Tactical 3-24...

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Jordan, Could it have been the difference in objective size?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Quite possibly. That thought crossed my mind, as well. But none-the-less I saw what I saw. So it's not like March is head and shoulders above S&B, by any means...

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
You get what you pay for.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Doubt it. They're the same.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, another nice scope.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Doubt it. They're the same.

One's 42mm, the other's 50mm.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My bad. I thought the March is a 42mm also.

ALDO LEOPOLD
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
The March is a 42mm, and they just came out with a new 2.5x25 FFP 52mm!

Last edited by Ackleyfan; 01/19/14.
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Pat have you had a chance to do any more testing on this scope? Thoughts?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Just a thought on comparisons. I have had Leupold, Zeiss, and Schmidt & Bender 3-12x42 Klassic. The Klassic is probably the best all round hunting scope available. From the wide open fields of Kansas to the long dark brush laden senderos of s.Texas it has no peer. Ackley fan said it best...you get what you pay for and you only have to pay once. I've seen so many guys buy and sell 3,4,10 scopes looking for that one good one. In the mean time they could have bought the Klassic and been done with it. The only problem w/owning one is that you only want to hunt with the gun it is mounted on. A lot of people complain about the different #4 reticles and their sizes. The Klassic is a FFP and lets one make the #4 any size you want. powdr

Last edited by powdr; 01/29/14.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Not doubting the quality and performance of a S&B, but how is the 3-12 Classic relevant in a long range scope thread?

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Not doubting the quality and performance of a S&B, but how is the 3-12 Classic relevant in a long range scope thread?

The SB 3-12 Classic is relevant when comparing it to the subject of this thread..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm trying to find one long range feature in the S&B Classic (there's not one). The entire purpose of the Bushnell is to be the best long range hunting scope. If you can't see how they are not comparable then you definitely have no need for the Bushy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If this scope weighed 16oz instead of 22oz you would have a real winner! I would gladly accept a 40mm objective to shave the weight. I doubt a lot of long range shooting is done at dusk/dawn in low light situations. 16oz?......now you have a hunting scope that doesn't drastically affect the balance of a hunting weight rifle. At least that is my thoughts. For a dedicated long range rifle with a heavy stock/barrel it's not as big a deal. I would buy one today at 16oz or less.

Originally Posted by a10xrifle
Bushnell LRHS Specs
3x12 power
22oz
13.4" long, comes with 2" sunshade
30mm Tube
44mm OBJ
1/10th Mil/Mil adjustments
10 MIL per rev low profile elevation knob
24 mils of travel
Zero Stop (Easy to Set!!)
10 mil per rev windadge , capped
side focus 20ft to INF
great field of view
great eye box
Glass on par with $2500+ scopes

HogWild
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Hogwild, 16oz comes at the expense of reliability. Can't image 6 oz being a deal killer on any rifle this scope should ride on. What did we do before Talley LW's? Steel rings is about the difference you're fretting.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I think don't 16 isn't too realistic without skimping on durability. 22 is still a half a pound lighter than most LR scopes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ctsmith
I'm trying to find one long range feature in the S&B Classic (there's not one). The entire purpose of the Bushnell is to be the best long range hunting scope. If you can't see how they are not comparable then you definitely have no need for the Bushy.

Got me laughing here because I have a S&B 3-12x42 Klassic\Precision Hunter with the P3 reticle which I consider the best all round LR hunting optic I have ever owned on all points.

I have two of the Bushnell LRHS 3-12x44 on order for when they become available.
I will do a direct side by side comparison of the Bushnell to the S&B and report here.

The reason I purchased this Bushnell is I am thinking the Bushnell will back fill the two things that could be improved on the S&B and that is the S&B elevation turret only has 3 mils of vertical and there are better reticles than the P3.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Didnt see any mention of "precision hunter" nor the P3. Matter of fact mention was made of the #4 and making it "any size you want".

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
this is a link to a review of the Bushnell LRHS that shows the reticle compared to a MK6. Should be a great scope.
http://ryansrangereport.com/first-look-at-the-bushnell-lrhs/

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
tag

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Anxious to start hearing some reviews from those that got in on the group buy.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Scopes are finally in, They are working out extremely well as expected. All the reviews have been positive. Bushnell really outdid themselves on this project!!!!

Pat has done a lot of testing on the Production scopes and they are better than the prototypes!!!!

George Gardner
G.A. Precision Rifles
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
George they seem to be getting pretty good reviews, has the exact weight been hashed out yet?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
25.6 ounces on my postal scale.

ALDO LEOPOLD
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
So a little heavier than the prototypes, how do you like the glass? What are you going to mount it on?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sure wish the MOA version came out first and wasn't over a year out.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Wonder if a guy can get a plain reticle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No problem ranging in yards and shooting mils. Most of my hunting buds roll that way.

Available in MOA why so you could go to 1/4 inch adjustments instead of 1/10's. All the scope should be going to mils but they don't want to spend a few cents to do it.

NRA Lifetime Member
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
So a little heavier than the prototypes, how do you like the glass? What are you going to mount it on?

I'd have to say the glass on mine is better than my Nightforce, but not as clear as Schmit and Bender. Mine is going on a mid weight 6 Creedmoor. I'm anxious to try it out. So far after giving it much fingering, the only thing I can think of that I'd change is maybe making it 14X. Some people do more with less, I just like a little more magnification on some rifles.

Public landowner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Available in MOA why so you could go to 1/4 inch adjustments instead of 1/10's. All the scope should be going to mils but they don't want to spend a few cents to do it.

1/3 MOA is what they need it to be, change the reticle to SFP with moa hashes. the scope only goes to 12 power with that low of power I see no need for FFP. I think mils work better if you are hung up and have to have a FFP scope. but even with FFP the features of the reticle are going to be useless much below about 5x.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
For the guys who purchased these, is the reticle usable at say 6x in low light?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JimD.
For the guys who purchased these, is the reticle usable at say 6x in low light?

Yes reticle is easy to use in low light at 6x.

I have two of these scopes and can't find a single thing to dislike with them.

I will be purchasing two more I am so satisfied with them.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Have you had time to compare your S&B Klassic and the new Bushy?

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Anyone know what butler creek caps these scopes require?

Last edited by Huckleberry75; 06/02/14.

"Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Anymore reviews of the LRHS? Thinking about one for my Mashburn. Either the 3-12 G3 LRHSi or the 4-18 G2H.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old thread, but here goes - Scenarshooter, what is your take on the discontinuation of these scopes?

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 1minute, 59 invisible), 2,877 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,453,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.