Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
AJD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Never mind, I called Ruger customer service and they want me to send it to them.

Last edited by AJD; 12/16/13.

There is no accounting for taste.

Experience is a great thing as long as one survives it.

Generally, there ain't a lot that separates the two however,
Barely making it is a whole lot more satisfying than barely not making it.
GB1

AJD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Received my repaired pistol from Ruger today. A little over a week turn time and the usual outstanding Ruger customer service. They included a beautiful set of wood grips. My hats off to Ruger Customer Service.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What was the issue - if I may ask?

Looking at picking one up next week myself.

Me

AJD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This model was an early model New Vaquero. This gun is I don't know about 10 years old, it has the old simulated case hardened bluing on it.

Initially, a year or two ago, the transfer bar broke. Ruger sent a new one and I installed it. It then functioned without issue.

Recently the hammer would not de-cock, the hammer was hanging up in a half down position when attempting to de-cock. The hammer would drop when fired normally, it would only malfunction in the de-cock.

I took it apart several times and reassembled to no avail. Then it began hanging/locking up the action and cylinder. I called Ruger they had me do a couple of checks/tests. While on the phone with Ruger, broken parts/pieces started falling out.

I believe when the transfer broke something was stressed and eventually broke. Don't know for sure as I didn't open it back up, and they replaced parts without explanation. Parts list included: New springs, plungers, cylinder latch, pawl, grip frame screws, and grip panels.

It is great to deal with such a fine company with exceptional customer service. No issues or questions from them, I sent it in, they repaired, sent it back along with a beautiful pair of wood grips, and with outstanding turn around time during the holidays no less.

With this level of customer service, there is no way I cannot recommend them.

Good luck!

Last edited by AJD; 12/31/13.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks! Sounds like Ruger took care of you. I'm a Ruger slut when it comes to rifles, never owned one of their pistols. This one will be my first and I'm glad to hear they're just stellar with the pistol line.

Handled a SR1911 Commander from them too and absolutely love it. Hard to find and Sheel's wouldn't sell it to me as it's their only display model. Hell of a lot of pistol for 700 bones.

Me

IC B2

AJD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by teal
Thanks! Sounds like Ruger took care of you. I'm a Ruger slut when it comes to rifles, never owned one of their pistols. This one will be my first and I'm glad to hear they're just stellar with the pistol line.

Handled a SR1911 Commander from them too and absolutely love it. Hard to find and Sheel's wouldn't sell it to me as it's their only display model. Hell of a lot of pistol for 700 bones.

Yes when I've had to deal with them it has been great customer service.

I recently acquired one of their Commanders and I really like it. I think it is a terrific value.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I have a New Vaquero which has be trouble free, although I did a trigger job on it and the throats were a might tight and I had them reamed.

I'm wondering why Ruger swapped out the grip panels. Was there a problem with the originals?

Thanx,
Mark

AJD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
No, there was no problem with the grips, I sent the pistol in without a set on it. I asked them for a set. They kindly and generously obliged.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 46 invisible), 1,791 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,180
Posts18,465,632
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.