24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I want to replace the youth size CZ Scout stock with a full size 452 stock. Who has done this and what did CZ charge? Boyd's has the bull barrel channel only. Thinking a walnut replacement will be nicer anyway.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sakoluvr,

I have replaced the Scout stock with a CZ trainer (hogback) stock. Of course there is no barrel attachment screw on the Scout like there is on the trainer... I just plugged the hole. You can find these (cz trainer stocks) on the rimfirecentral.com classifieds from time to time... they go for $45 to $55 shipped.

Another option is I have replaced the Scout stock pad with a one inch pachmyr pad and it works good for me (i'm 5-11")... still a compact little rifle. This increases the pull over 3/4". You can see several examples of this again over at rimfire central in the CZ forum in the Scout thread... not sure but it might be a sticky.

All of CZ's 452 stocks have the second hole for the barrel attachment on the forearm, except the American, which has two action screw holes. The varmit stock is a bull barrel so you might have to fill around the barrel with glass. I put a laminated Boyd's stock on a trainer once, was routed for a trainer (very nice stock)... quite a while ago so their stock options have undoubtedly changed. Oh yeah... the Trainer stocks are beech (or birch?), sometimes folks will have a CZ Lux 452 stock for sale... they are walnut as are the American stocks. When buying a CZ 452 stock insure it is for .22 LR as the magnum and HMR stocks are a little different in the action area.

Jerry

CZ Scout With a one inch Buttpad;
[Linked Image]

CZ Scout in a CZ Trainer Stock;
[Linked Image]

A CZ Trainer in an American Stock;
[Linked Image]

The wait for a stock on rimfirecentral can be a bit, here's an American stock on gun broker, a bit of time to go... should go for around $80 to 100, or that's where I would jump off at... think CZ wants around $150 for them (been a few years since I checked), barrel contour will be a little larger than the scout and you will need to plug the rear action hole so that you can screw the screw behind the trigger guard into it;
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=381375995

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 12/12/13.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Great write, and just what I was looking for. Thank you for taking the time to post pics too. I really like the American, and will probably go that route. I will contact CZ first, and go from there. The scout is my son's rifle, and he has outgrown it (my daughter has too). It is very accurate and I rather just re-stock it than send it down the road. Maybe one day he can pass it down.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I'm in the same boat, my oldest has outgrown his Scout stock and I'm looking to replace it, thanks for the info.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Erick,

The trainer (Special) stock is the cheapest route to go... they look kind of funky with that outrageous hogback, but they handle fine, liked mine... but I had too many CZ's/.22's so occasionally thinned them.

Sakoluvr,

The American 452 is the nicest of the CZ rimfires IMO, not sure if CZ is still selling them as they came up with a replacement the '455' (if not there are presently a lot of 452's around), Don't have one, have handled a few, their pluses are; easily replaceable barrels (including cartridge changes to 22 mag, and 17 hmr. They changed the rear action bolt for the better imo, but the stock is not quite as svelte, the ones that have sights use a blocky standard williams rear as opposed to the really nice rear on the trainers and Lux's.

BUT... the sights on the trainers/Luxes/mannlicher's are a lot of fun, it's a tangent rear, quickly adjustable for diff. range's. Below is a photo of a trainer that I fit to an American stock... using the inexpensive B-Square sport utility rimfire rings (sur)with nothing but a torx wrench I can quickly/easily remove or replace the scope. Before I picked up a trainer I seldom used iron sights but now find it fun to play with them a little.

One thing you can try is placing a wanted ad on the rimfirecentral classifieds and maybe posting that you are looking for a one in the CZ sub forum.

Jerry

SUR lows are mounted on the Weaver 2-7 rimfire scope, while mediums are above the scope;
[Linked Image]

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 12/16/13.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.