Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Saw a thread awhile ago about BP medication Lisinopril. Coughing was mentioned as a side effect. I had been on Lisinopril for years and had gradually developed a terrible cough that never went away. Discussed it with my Doc and changed meds�..INSTANT improvement!

Thanks! I DID learn something here! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Glad to hear it...
Someone here implied that you caught the gay.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Changing meds made that go away too�..

Honest�...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Someone... I think his name was Dave or Steve or whatever said it... Makes no difference to me. smile

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Was it Northern Dave on his 'route'???

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
How come that "Not that there's anything wrong with that" comes to mind?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
What ya on now Poops? If ya don't mind.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Too many Seinfeld re-runs��.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
AND you're getting a tight twist .224...you ARE learning!!

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I take the stuff too. Took about three months of use before I made the connection.( conversation with a cousin that used to take it ) What do they have you on now? It's my understanding that Lisinopril doesn't do as much harm as other BP meds in regard to artery softening and such. I do need eye drops more often too.

Easier to put up with a little cough and dry eyes than 186 over 116 and a stroke. YMMV

Sean
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) cough. Usually occurs in the late afternoon if you take it in the morning. Glad a simple switch got rid of it. I've been on Lisinopril for over ten years. So far, so good. smile

A new study released today recommends diet and exercise and not meds for those over 60 with a BP of < 150/90 as there is no real benefit for those patients with that profile. I'll wait until the ACC and NIH make their recommendation. Plus, I have a few years before I hit six decades.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Younger brother and sis had the same issue with Lisinopril. Don't know what they are on now, but Benicar has done me well for years.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My know-it-all GP gave me Lisinpril 8 months ago for my first time BP med. 3 weeks into it while increasing the dose I was puking like a big dog several times a week with internal pain and nausea constantly. With little to no effect on my BP. Read on the internet where 2-5% of Lisinopril users have stomach and intestinal inflammation as a side effect. Quit that pill and went to see my GP. She claimed it absolutely wasn't LS and I just had to be wrong. Went back on it at her suggestion after my internal problems subsided. Doc's are NEVER wrong. Neither are women.

Been hacking from deeeep inside my chest for months. She said that the LS cough only comes from the throat area.......not from deeeeep inside the lungs. Must be pollen irritating my breathing tube or some other thing. Doc's are NEVER wrong. Neither are women.

Went into the hospital last week for 3 days due to some other mickey mouse sheet. Couldn't take my meds cuz I'd been puking them back up. In-house hospital doc gives me NORVASC instead. BP down to 119/80 right away with no side effects.........lowest it's been in years. Hacking has subsided.

Getting a brand new GP this week........a fawkin' male one.

Last edited by StripBuckHunter; 12/18/13.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm one of those that doesn't have ill effects from Lisinopril.

Are you sure that it isn't an allergy to sheep? laugh

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

197 members (30Gibbs, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 29 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,637
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.