Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I had my new black gold sight out in the snow at 10 degrees and the purple filter for the fiberoptics must have froze. It stayed purple until dark. I lost my pins way before shooting light was done. I am very dissapointed.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never heard of that one before. Does your sight have an external sight light as well? Have you contacted MBG cust svc? Sure they would like to know about the issue

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, at first they tried to deny the problem but finally fessed up. The molecules in the filter are very sensitive to UV rays and in the snow there is so much reflection the element turns dark purple. In the cold and I am talking 10 degrees F. the purple will not fade. I could not find a factory light out here in Willmar MN. I got a penlight and a hose clamp and some black tape. We will see how she goes tonight.

Last edited by Angus1895; 12/21/13.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have you considered maybe blocking off some of the photocell in some way so it doesnt get bombarded by so much light? As for the cold keeping it from working....hmmm. Ill post a thread on AT and see if others have had similar issues. I know the MBG sights have a large following there.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks! I put black tape on some of the photocell and by sundown the uncovered part of the cell was just as dark as the tape. Please let me know what you find out, because back in Idaho sight lights are illegal and there is a late season archery hunt I plan on attending. I might have to change sights!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2152094
Here is link to thread I posted on AT. Couple suggestions at bottom of folks at MBG to speak with. Hope this gets your issue solved

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank You! I am telling you "Houston We Have A Problem" this sight blows in the cold snow! I honestly think they are getting this one back!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My suggestions to replace the sight would either be an axcel armortech or spot hogg wrapped sight. Trophy Ridge also makes an excellent sight. All have bright fibers and are designed to gather light very well.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm a big fan of the Spott Hogg wrapped sights. I sat in the blind at -25 tonight and could see my pins past legal shooting light.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hey I got one! It was a doe. Used a pentlight hoseclamp and black tape. But I tell you what...this sight blows!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
List that thing on AT and let it go on down the road. Get yourself a trophy ridge, an axcel armortech or a spot hogg and go kill chit

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I thought black gold would take it back/ IT DONT WORK!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Call em and see. Cant hurt

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sucks for u i guess i shoot their one pin ascent on all my bows with 0 problems. they have traveled all over the country with me and survived many airports and polaris ranger rides mountain climbs with any accuracy issues . i don't shoot a sight light due to state regs and have never had issue making out my pin in low light. Nice thing with one pin is u can just center pin guard once u lose light on your fiber

Think i need a bigger gun
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dantheman223wssm
Sucks for u i guess i shoot their one pin ascent on all my bows with 0 problems. they have traveled all over the country with me and survived many airports and polaris ranger rides mountain climbs with any accuracy issues . i don't shoot a sight light due to state regs and have never had issue making out my pin in low light. Nice thing with one pin is u can just center pin guard once u lose light on your fiber

You been in the snow near zero from 2 pm til sundown?......try it.

Last edited by Angus1895; 01/20/14.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Nice thing with one pin is u can just center pin guard once u lose light on your fiber

That'd be a heck of a way to take a shot at an animal, stud.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
When I can't see my fiber optic sight it's time to start hiking out

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Works just fine when the pin is the center of your guard hoss....still trying to understand the need for your quote just makes u sound like a dick ....nothing to do with sight discussion

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You have me by about 10� and i do notice photo chromatic guard stays darker when it's cold light loss is easier to deal with on a single pin since color isn't an issue only one pin outline easy to contrast against animal

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Works just fine when the pin is the center of your guard hoss....still trying to understand the need for your quote just makes u sound like a dick ....nothing to do with sight discussion

At what, 5 yards?

The fact that your sight would be ineffective at any point in a dusk to DARK situation and you would "center" the animal and take a shot is unreal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

409 members (1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 55 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,217
Posts18,447,403
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.