-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Was in the local gun shop this afternoon and was relayed a scenario that had happened no more than 30 minutes before I got there.

Guy purchased a brand spankin' new A-Bolt III in .270 Win. No sooner than he went out the door the phone rang, lady on the other end identified herself as being from Browning Customer Service. She asked the manager if they had any A-Bolt IIIs and if they had sold any. Manager said, he had 3 and he'd just sold the first one - guy just left. Apparently she was very emphatic that he get the gun back and that it not be fired. Something about 'catastrophic failure'. Several of the shop employees quickly left the building and were able to flag the guy down before he got out of the parking lot. The guy was not a happy camper when told of what was going on.

Manager was told to set the guns aside, not to sell them, and wait for return call tags.

Not sure of what's coming down the pipe with regard to the A-Bolt III, but don't be surprised if you see recall notices soon. If you have an A-Bolt III, might be wise to call Browning, ASAP.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I havent seen any on shelves around here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well at least it was not the dreaded "salt stock".....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Browning "customer service" lady was probably not , she was probably the customers wife.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 6mm250
The Browning "customer service" lady was probably not , she was probably the customers wife.

Mike

grin

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
rollin' here....

but if true, and I was the buyer, I would have been very happy to hear it, don't know why he would be an unhappy camper ??

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
"Recently an issue was discovered in testing affecting a small percentage of AB3 Composite Stalker bolt action rifles. If you own an AB3 Composite Stalker, please call 1-800-945-5372 for instructions."

From the Browning web-site. Listed under "Support" tab, then "Recall/Safety".

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
"Recently an issue was discovered in testing affecting a small percentage of AB3 Composite Stalker bolt action rifles. If you own an AB3 Composite Stalker, please call 1-800-945-5372 for instructions."

Found the above last night after posting my initial comments.

IMHO, information such as this should be 'bannered' and linked directly from the home page, not buried a handful of mouse clicks below it.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kid0917
rollin' here....
don't know why he would be an unhappy camper ??

Gun deer season starts here in Wisconsin on Saturday (11/23). In my estimation, he was probably one of the many that wait until the last minute. He stopped to buy the gun on his way up north, planning on shooting/sighting on Friday (today) and hunting on Sat.

As was said, I'd be feeling lucky, and probably bought a lottery ticket afterward . . . .

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven

Found the above last night after posting my initial comments.

IMHO, information such as this should be 'bannered' and linked directly from the home page, not buried a handful of mouse clicks below it.

Right you are WiFowler and I was surprised that I had to look for it. I would think that if was as serious a safety issue as the gun shop was told it would be the first thing you see when going to the web site.

Guess sales at hunting and holiday seasons trumps law suits?

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

IC B3

P
P
New member here. I'm holding a rain check from Bass Pro Shop who had this rifle in a Christmas Sale paper for $499 (regular price $749). Bass Pro Shop employee told me they received word from Browning to pack up and return the rifle which they did. But I can not find any information on when they will be available. I'm not in a big hurry because in SC deer season ends Dec 31st but I'd like to know what's going on. I could not find anything on the Browning web site. And I don't see any way to contact Browning via e-mail. Anyone know when this rifle will be available and how I can contact Browning re the status?
Thanks in advance for your help.
God Bless and Merry Christmas
PapaIII

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I won a Browning ABIII this summer. I received a registered letter in the mail Friday. The letter was from Browning. They ask if you still own rifle with serial #######. You return the letter by fax, scan and email or snail mail. They will send you a prepaid shipping container and stated they should have a short turn around with the repair. They also ask for your jacket size. I am guessing they will send a jacket for the inconvenience. In your case if you have not taken possession of the firearm, you will not be getting the letter.

Last edited by lynntelk; 12/22/13.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,552 guests, and 703 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,520
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.