Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I was given this knife as a Christmas gift a few years ago and I can find nothing on him so I figured I'd see if anyone here maybe has an idea. I really know absolutely nothing about the knife or maker. 9 inches OAL, with a 4.5 inch blade. Laminate scales with file work on the top of the tang and at the end. Either thin brass or yellow liners. The guard is also kind of a "split" design with spacers there as well. Only marking on the knife is E.D. BRIG.. Be interested to know anything if someone has some info.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a nice knife Shane. I can't help you with the maker though. Maybe some of the more knowledgable guys on here can help you with that part.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I looked the name upin my Levines guided iv he is not on the list there So many makers,so little money,lol. But that knife looks really nice!

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks Reno and Vince. I really wasn't holding out much hope that someone could give me any information, but figured it was worth a shot. It is a well put together knife and a touch different design than most of my others. Just wish I knew a little more about it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My first thought was a possible kit knife, but not with that filework on the spine.

Looks like a darn good blade.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
IC B2

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I intially thought the same thing when I first looked at it, but the more I looked it over I don't think so. It appears that whoever did it really put some work into it.

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I intially thought the same thing when I first looked at it, but the more I looked it over I don't think so. It appears that whoever did it really put some work into it.

S
S
I know this maker well, he was my father! Great to see one of his early works still in great shape. This one was made in the early 1980's you are also correct, it was not a kit knife, that's all hand work you see and he took great pride in his hand filing. The stamp is one of his earlier stamp which is why you may not have been able to find any information on him. his later works are stamped Brignardello, Beecher Il. He was a member of the Knifemakers Guild of America and a member emeritus. Glad you all seem to like his work!

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Very cool! It's a beautiful knife.

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Hi- You had asked about information on the maker of a E.D. Brig knife you got for a gift. I know of the maker VERY well, in fact he was my father. the reason you weren't able to find any information on his is because you have one of his earliest creations. He started making knives as a teen then came back to it and began selling them in 1973 or 1974. I believe the stamp on you knife was the first or second version. My best guess from the style I would say this was make in early 1980's maybe 81 or 82. Later he changed his stamp yet again to Brignardello, Beecher,IL. you will find information under that name. Sadly he passed away in 1999. He was a member of the Knife makers Guild of America and a member emeritus. It's a total thrill for me and my family to see his early work looking so awesome! it's definitely NOT a kit knife. as you suspected my father worked very hard on each knife, all hand filing etc. even the blades were cut by hand and shaped before they were sent off for hardening. He also always included a hand made leather sheath with each knife, not sure if you has the one that came with yours. any other questions, it's my pleasure to answer.

Thank you very much Sue for the information! Welcome to the Fire as well.

Last edited by PSH; 02/15/14.
IC B3

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
The Brig is headed home!

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by PSH
The Brig is headed home!

That's awesome, great thing you're doing !!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HuntingTexas
Originally Posted by PSH
The Brig is headed home!

Really cool!

Can you post some more pictures of his work? That is a beautiful knife that was posted

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HuntingTexas
Originally Posted by PSH
The Brig is headed home!

Very cool cool

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
very very nice. Good folks doing good things on this forum.

Randy

S
S
This is very cool indeed and thanks to everyone for the kind words about my dads work AND this forum for bringing us together. Our family is always looking for my dads knives, when he passed we didn't have very many. PSH is awesome to let this one go back to the makers family! I would love to post some pictures huntsonora of his other works but I'm not sure how! I'll have to work on that!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Susu
I would love to post some pictures huntsonora of his other works but I'm not sure how! I'll have to work on that!

Upload to photo bucket then copy and paste the IMG code

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I'll try and get some pics she sent uploaded today and posted. He did some really nice work.

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
[Linked Image]

Here's a pic of the group. I'll try and get the one of how the markings changed. Sue can certainly add more to this, but she is always on the look out for more of her dad's knives. That being the case, if you guys do happen to run across any of them, please give her a yell. They certainly won't be any more appreciated than with her, and it was nice to know that the family was excited to get this one back. I did tell her though, if I had that stag handled bowie in the middle row, I don't know that I could have let go of that one, lol.

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,084 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,281
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.