Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
My daughter used mine one time (got it at a yard sale in like new condition for 5$) for school, she used it once! then asked to go to wally world to buy a new bag until we went to the mall.

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So-called "hard core" hunting packs? Then why did literal junk -- like Kifaru and Mystery and Paradox -- become mentioned? Those are literal junk product that are only supported by marketing [therefore popularity] hype, when it comes to true hard-core back country wilderness adventure/expedition hunting. Laughable column at best, in the real world of extreme adventure hunting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Maverick940
So-called "hard core" hunting packs? Then why did literal junk -- like Kifaru and Mystery and Paradox -- become mentioned? Those are literal junk product that are only supported by marketing [therefore popularity] hype, when it comes to true hard-core back country wilderness adventure/expedition hunting. Laughable column at best, in the real world of extreme adventure hunting.

Wow...

Let me guess, you use a Barney's pack?

Tanner

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tanner

Wow...

Let me guess, you use a Barney's pack?

Tanner

Who's "Barney"? You mean -- Barney Fife?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Mav, how much time do you have under a Paradox pack?

Zero would be my bet.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by slumlord

Would the military regard any of these packs for spec ops problems in mountainous regions at the last 300 meters of diplomacy? Are they good enough for diversified loadings?

Uhhh yeah, you could say that. A Mystery Ranch 3-day is current SOCOM issue. Various permutations of the Lowe brother's original dual-stay internal packs (The Lowe Expedition) have been issued to SF units for 30yrs. Some of them sucked balls because they were made by low-bid idiots. The real thing has always worked as advertised. The Kifaru is the current state-of-the-art version of that original design.

The Dana Shortbed frame is load-hauling perfection, something like that would never work for SF units due to the need to be able to parachute with it. That is why the Lowe/Kifaru dual stay type pack is preffered if something other than a 3-day or the DeSade Special, otherwise known as an ALICE pack, is needed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A HB0002 model Nexpack services tactical ability and certainly it does would service almost any "casual" hunting-related application, too. I wouldn't try to place a hind quarter of an Alaska/Yukon bull moose inside of one, though. But for everything else in North America, the HB model is great, especially for day use. On an extended backpacking (multi-night) excursion, I'll always opt for an external frame pack, but that's me. I like the dependability and the ability or option to "compromise under stressful or problematic situations" when using an external frame pack.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

Zero would be my bet.

So mav, what makes you qualified to comment on a pack you never used?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
A HB0002 model Nexpack services tactical ability and certainly it does would service almost any "casual" hunting-related application, too. I wouldn't try to place a hind quarter of an Alaska/Yukon bull moose inside of one, though. But for everything else in North America, the HB model is great, especially for day use. On an extended backpacking (multi-night) excursion, I'll always opt for an external frame pack, but that's me. I like the dependability and the ability or option to "compromise under stressful or problematic situations" when using an external frame pack.

I copied and pasted "HB0002 Nexpack" and got your silly-ass post. Do you just come here and make up stupid schidt to amuse yourself?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, Mr. "Take A Knee" (aka - Knee Hole):

You weren't able to find an HB002 tactical model in either black or digital grey"? Maybe your so-called "google-fu" [as like D.L.'s] is somehow flawed?

Maverick

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Zero would be my bet.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So, Mr. "Take A Knee" (aka - Knee Hole):

You weren't able to find an HB002 tactical model in either black or digital grey"? Maybe your so-called "google-fu" [as like D.L.'s] is somehow flawed?

Maverick

I don't get it... What's in it for you to be this way?

Goodnight Chesty Puller... Wherever you are.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

To be more specific, what external frame pack do you use if you're not using a Barneys?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My money's on "fudge."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Zero would be my bet.

what he said.....

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Crickets.......

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
841 members (1234, 12344mag, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 80 invisible), 3,244 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,249
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.