Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Norm;
Thanks for the reply.

It's -6� and calm, but we had a foggy day yesterday that turned into hoarfrost so the roads are a bit slick in spots.

Are you keeping warm up there?

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

BP-B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My 12 year old just took the test and it was very accurate.
Funny thing was, several of the questions were different than the ones it ask me ten minuets ago.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kitty-Corner and Pop.

Spokane, Wichita, and Des Moines.

Live most of my life here in Western Oregon, but a few years south of Wichita (Ponca City) in my late elementary and early teens.

Never been to Iowa.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It put me in Des Arc, Ar.

It may have Gene, but I wasn't home. Had me further south. Shreveport, La-Jackson, Ms- and Birmingham, Al. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My wife often says "kitty corner" to describe the location of something, and I ask her "What the heck is that"?

If it means diagonally across from, why not just say so?

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Way off for me, of course I've lived everywhere.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Properly it is catty corner. Shorter to say. Pop is the proper word, too. I will have to take it again and see where I come up this time. 18 wheelers are trucks, semi's, tractor trailers. I never liked youse, sounds ignorant to me. You all, or y'all is right when there is more than one person.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Picked my wife perfectly.

It had me as Salt Lake City, Milwaukee and Atlanta.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head

Rough? Just a little. grin

One of my fondest memories of living in Oakland was riding in the car with my mom past the Alameda County Courthouse and seeing a Black Panther standing on the steps holding a shotgun.

----------------

It wasn't all bad. Less than a 1/2 mile away from the courthouse was the inlet to Lake Merrit where we caught stripers on an incoming tide.

But ... I did have a bunch of black kids strong arm rob my Rapalas one day. laugh

When they bought out all of Port Chicago, we were gonna move to Concord.
Then my dad decided CA. sucked and wanted to move back to Idaho.
Nice.......

Have Dog

Will Travel

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
OK, the wife took it and came out as Aurora/Denver, Wichita. Nailed it as we live in Aurora, and she is born and raised here, I was just raised. We are both from good old Missouri, Iowa stock, like a lot here.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Off topic but here's another tale from the hood ...

Just a few hundred yards away from the courthouse was the Masonic Lodge my dad attended. One evening three yutes decided to jump one of the members and steal his wallet but they picked the wrong man. He was one of my dad's buddies, a Korean war combat veteran, and he was highly skilled in Karate.

IIRC, one of 'em had a knife. He beat the schit out of all three of 'em and held them there until the cops arrived.

grin

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Strange:

It indicated is was from Stockton, California. Been through there but never lived there. Was born in Riverside and lived my early years in the Long Beach/Los Angeles area. Went to grade school with folks across the U.S.. Lots from Oklahoma and Texas. My Mother was born in Colorado my Father in Utah. My fraternal Grandfather was born in Minnesota, my Grandmother in Utah. My maternal Grandfather was born in Kansas and Grandmother was born in Kentucky. The area we moved to in Oregon when I was 12 years old had a large Norwegian
population. I guess I had my language influenced by a lot of different folks/cultures.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Not even close. Born and bred Texican. Makes me wonder how much taxpayer money they wasted on this "highly significant" study. And why. Sheeesh.

Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Picked my wife perfectly.

It had me as Salt Lake City, Milwaukee and Atlanta.

That makes sense, career military, (coastal)you moved all around, lived in FL with a lot of people from everywhere, so you got some western, some midwestern, and some southern influences.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that hoarfrost can be beautiful in the right place , staying fairly warm but coolder than normal and that -30 plus windchill gets to me big time

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Missed my birthplace and early years by 250 miles BUT, nailed exactly the place (Jersey City, NJ) where my parents were from. We all get language skills and verbiage from our parents, so ... this quiz was amazingly accurate.

Last edited by djs; 12/25/13.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If you take it more than once, the questions change.

The first time, it have me Denver. (I live in Colorado Springs.)

The second time it gave me Salt Lake City. (I grew up near Ogden.)

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Semper_Fi57
Not even close. Born and bred Texican. Makes me wonder how much taxpayer money they wasted on this "highly significant" study. And why. Sheeesh.

Jim

Probably none; most likely the research was done as a doctoral thesis. The story says "Most of the questions used in this quiz are based on those in the Harvard Dialect Survey, a linguistics project begun in 2002 by Bert Vaux and Scott Golder. The original questions and results for that survey can be found on Dr. Vaux's current website."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It pinned me down within fifty miles of where I live in Alabama, named closest city Birmingham AL.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fish head
Off topic but here's another tale from the hood ...

Just a few hundred yards away from the courthouse was the Masonic Lodge my dad attended. One evening three yutes decided to jump one of the members and steal his wallet but they picked the wrong man. He was one of my dad's buddies, a Korean war combat veteran, and he was highly skilled in Karate.

IIRC, one of 'em had a knife. He beat the schit out of all three of 'em and held them there until the cops arrived.

grin

Satan has been know to grant powers to his loyal followers... laugh

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
310 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 30 invisible), 1,996 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,953
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.