Hop To
Page 3 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 38 39
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Paladin

I may still have a half set of IHMSA .22LR handgun silhouettes. Those are usually a lot of fun for the kids at closer ranges as most reactive targets are.
David

When you start talking about "closer" ranges I get visions of two or three hundred yards... eek grin

Having those silhouettes available would be great.

Shooting at clay birds with rifles might not be such a good idea here. While there is a significant, tree covered, hill as a backstop, and about a mile 'til the next house behind that, it still makes me nervous just thinking about it.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Paladin

I may still have a half set of IHMSA .22LR handgun silhouettes. Those are usually a lot of fun for the kids at closer ranges as most reactive targets are.
David

When you start talking about "closer" ranges I get visions of two or three hundred yards... eek grin

Having those silhouettes available would be great.

Shooting at clay birds with rifles might not be such a good idea here. While there is a significant, tree covered, hill as a backstop, and about a mile 'til the next house behind that, it still makes me nervous just thinking about it.

Ed

OK, I'll skip the clays with a rifle but will bring it along in case someone wants to shoot it. Working three states from home has it's limitation so I may not have time to work up a proper load anyway.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Good time to have one in Tex.
Wind will help people like me shoot better. cool
Can bring a small 12v clay thrower if anyones going to bring a shotgun. Contest?

Certainly! Paladin will probably use his 475 Linebaugh... eek

Ed

Then is when he breaks out his 12 gauge Beretta (I think) and shoots one-handed. And usually runs 'em, too. cool

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Good time to have one in Tex.
Wind will help people like me shoot better. cool
Can bring a small 12v clay thrower if anyones going to bring a shotgun. Contest?

Certainly! Paladin will probably use his 475 Linebaugh... eekEd

Then is when he breaks out his 12 gauge Beretta (I think) and shoots one-handed. And usually runs 'em, too. cool

This I gotta see! grin NOT that I can compete with that level of shooting! Watching Paladin shoot thrown dimes out of the air with his Model 41 Smith and then do other magic tricks with a .41 and his Linebaugh was awe-inspiring.
Watching someone run clay birds one-handed would be right up there.

So, Bigbuck215, you gonna make the Gathering? Be an honor to shake your hand!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd like too make it, Ed, but that's a mighty long way from here. So I will see how things work out.

Thanks for the invite. Maybe.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Ed, sounds like a great weekend. Put me down for a yes. Be afraid, prairie dog. Be very afraid.

Outstanding! You finally get to meet "The Horse Whisperer" grin

Ed

maybe she can get me over my horse fear in a short course wink

I got an M40A1 from Mickey that can hit them half inch dots at 200, if'n I ain't drunk too much coffee first

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ed, think your neighbors would mind if we lit up that Mountain Howitzer on your range ?

If it transpires that I can get away, will bring a couple or three banks of the "Buffalo League" steel, and swingers.

Greg

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I plan on making the drive up.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Ed, think your neighbors would mind if we lit up that Mountain Howitzer on your range ?

If it transpires that I can get away, will bring a couple or three banks of the "Buffalo League" steel, and swingers.

Greg

I plan on giving the neighbors fair warning that there are going to be many loud noises that weekend. grin

It would be a gift if you could be there!

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I plan on making the drive up.

If you didn't, my one feeling would be hurt. grin

Ed

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Will try to make it happen, Se�or.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Count me in, too, plus my brother will probably come.

It would be fun to shoot a .470 Nitro, but not a .577. Not no way, not no how am I touching off one of those again. smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Elmer referred to the "dirty, tooth-rattling jar" of the .577 Nitro. That's as close to one as I ever dared to get. smile

I ain't sayin' what's the biggest, nastiest, and meanest that I ever fired from the shoulder. Some boyhood foolishnesses are better kept private.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Count me in, too, plus my brother will probably come.

It would be fun to shoot a .470 Nitro, but not a .577. Not no way, not no how am I touching off one of those again. smirk

Great, Pat!

Ed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Elmer referred to the "dirty, tooth-rattling jar" of the .577 Nitro. That's as close to one as I ever dared to get. smile

I ain't sayin' what's the biggest, nastiest, and meanest that I ever fired from the shoulder. Some boyhood foolishnesses are better kept private.

I've done a .505 Gibbs, a .600 NE, and a .600 Overkill. I don't really like the stuff that starts with a 6, and it sounds like the .577 is close enough for me. OTOH, I'm probably fool enough to try it two or three times, anyway.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's practically in my neck of the woods. I'd love to attend that gathering. Are flintlocks welcome?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed,

I am going to try my best to make it. My oldest grandson is getting married the next weekend down in Devine, so I need to see what else might be going on in the intervening week. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Ben

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
That's practically in my neck of the woods. I'd love to attend that gathering. Are flintlocks welcome?

Flintlocks are encouraged! I hope Birdwatcher and his lovely bride can make it. Birdy is another flintlock shooter.
I hope you can make it.

Ben, it will be great to see you again. I hope it works out.

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the darkies whom Dad used to hunt with used a hand-me-down flintlock. Told Dad an interesting little tale about it.

The first time he shot it at a running rabbit, the priming charge sizzled ("jes' a-fryin'") in the pan. When he lowered the gun, wondering "What the � ?" it fired.

"So's long as she's a-fryin'," he said, "I holds 'er on 'em!"

Got a few, too, Dad said.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

I shot Gunner's at the Campfire Hog Hunt. Huge, gorgeous rifle, a real privilege to handle & shoot it. And yes, it made my teeth hurt on the first shot. As I told the guys there, if an elephant was charging me, and the .577 was laying in front of me, I'd have to think about it for a bit... crazy

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 3 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

75 members (160user, 41rem, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 13 invisible), 1,025 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,490
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.