Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Hmmm, I'll give a little on that. If they move the inleting ahead 1/4".

Not all of us have pussy hands.... cool

You're ok meant nothing for me, I abide outside of your jurisdiction. There be men here. laugh

AF
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rem338win
Hmmm, I'll give a little on that. If they move the inleting ahead 1/4".

Not all of us have pussy hands.... cool

You're ok meant nothing for me, I abide outside of your jurisdiction. There be men here. laugh

Then why did you ask?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I didn't say anything in the form of a question. That was someone else, and they may be inside your jurisdiction.

The stock would still need the palm swell. And it should be mandatory that they break the mold in with a McFlame swirly.....

AF
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
All that matters is what I believe.

Have not done a flame pattern yet.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I'm thinking of doing a red, yellow and white flame at some point. If they did the pattern we just discussed I'd buy that in a heart beat for my 22-250AI. Hot winter coyote smoker.....

AF
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
A slimmed down version of the Echols pattern would be great! Minus the faux grip cap thingy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I would be really happy to see something resembling the Kimber Montana or KS stock, but available for more actions.
The 3 major criteria:
1: A slender stock design.
2. A high combed stock with negative drop in the comb.
3. Rounded under the action area, for ease of one handed carry.

This^

Essentially the Hunters Compact with a higher comb and no drop (or negative drop) would work perfectly for me.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
So does the 20 G's include the person who should be taking notes and then do the real work?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think it's more like Mcmillan will build a new stock if there's enough interest, and if we can all come to some sort of consensus. Kinda like what happened with the A5.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As long yall are not creating ruger boat paddle copy with a savage 110 inlet it will be hard to go wrong.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by EddyBo
As long yall are not creating ruger boat paddle copy with a savage 110 inlet it will be hard to go wrong.

You nailed it. Exactly what I want. In a Rainbow Gay Pride Swirl, inletted for the TC Dimension.

Basically this stock, but in a boat paddle configuration that has "GFY" instead of RUGER letters in the buttstock.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I just threw up a little in my mouth.....and I have low standards!

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I'd like something for a M70 FW along the lines of the Compact Edge but with a slightly longer fore end and a higher,straighter comb......

Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I have some wants, but they may not be shared by others. I'd like a straight comb on the Hunters Edge (Rem 700). I'd also like an inlet for the Kimber Montana. I prefer trim stocks with a less open grip. Small palm swells work...as does checkering.

Originally Posted by Wrongside
A modernized Compact would be awesome! Comb geometry similar to the Kimber Montanas is all I'd ask for. Love all else about the Compact. I'd buy at least two if this came to fruition... smile

Originally Posted by Oregon45
Keep the forend length of the Compact/Hunter's Edge pattern along the open grip, round the magazine area, raise the comb and I'd buy 3-4 providing they can be inlet for Win M70's.

Originally Posted by Brad
Essentially the Hunters Compact with a higher comb and no drop (or negative drop) would work perfectly for me.

Anybody else notice a pattern here?

It's the same thing I'd pick, a better Hunter's Edge pattern. Make the forend 1/2"-3/4" longer for no other reason that now it looks kind of goofy with a 24" barrel, RAISE THE FRIGGIN COMB!!! so those of us who actually put scopes on our rifles can shoot the danged thing, and give it no or a negative drop at heel. No monte carlos or goofy humps, just a nice high, straight comb that carries all the way to the buttpad. Nobody shoots iron sights anymore, and if they do they can take a grinder to the thing or pick one of the 100 other Mcmillan patterns that are perfect for iron sight shooting midgets.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm the opposite, I'd like a shorter forend for 20" tubes.

I don't see the reason for a slim, compact stock so you can slap 24-26" tacticool rifles in it.

Plenty of stocks for those.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Round off the bottom of the compact and give it a straight comb, that would be about perfect for me.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Greenback
A slimmed down version of the Echols pattern would be great! Minus the faux grip cap thingy.

This!!!

“Factio democratica delenda est"
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
So there we have it, Sako Hunter butt with a palm swell on a Remington classic wrist, and a Legend action area and forend but with the area around the bottom metal rounded and the forend shortened 3/4". With panel checkering of course.....
The rest of you can pound sand laugh

AF
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I'd like something for a M70 FW along the lines of the Compact Edge but with a slightly longer fore end and a higher,straighter comb.Cheek piece would be nice. grin

Slim grip circumference yet slender through the mag box for easy carry,which the Compact is good at.

Yes I want the stock to handle BM... smile

Make it simple - just bring back the G&H.

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I'm on board with a compact sporting a raised comb and a more rounded bottom.

Fore end is fine.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

345 members (10gaugemag, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,599
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.