Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 38 39
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Damn, and here I am down to only 3 flinters left in the arsenal.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Finally a gathering close enough for me to get to. I do believe I'll have to make my first appearance at one of these, and meet some of the great folks on here!!

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Well, you'd better bring at least one with you!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Big C
Finally a gathering close enough for me to get to. I do believe I'll have to make my first appearance at one of these, and meet some of the great folks on here!!

I believe you're right! I have had a great time at every one I have been privileged to attend.

I hope you can make it.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Paladin
Primitive bare bow competition would be good, and hawk tossing could work.
Splitting playing cards is also a possibility, and bowling pins at various ranges for off hand shooting is also some fun for handguns and rifles.
David

I don't have any primitive bare bows, just a couple of longbows and several recurves. I do shoot cedar arrows!

We'll have to figure out how to set up a card-splitting deal.

From past experiences, folks just like to plink at reactive targets. If I can round up some more golf balls, we can string them up at distance, too, as we did at Quemado.

We should have a great time. I'm hoping we can round up some other folks to this part of the world, too. There's a bunch of folks from TX, OK, LA, and AR, not to mention the rest of the country that would add greatly to this shindig.

Ed

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Well, you'd better bring at least one with you!

Ed

Ok then it's the fusil de chasse ! I'll try to remember it!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Paladin
Primitive bare bow competition would be good, and hawk tossing could work.
Splitting playing cards is also a possibility, and bowling pins at various ranges for off hand shooting is also some fun for handguns and rifles.
David

I don't have any primitive bare bows, just a couple of longbows and several recurves. I do shoot cedar arrows!

We'll have to figure out how to set up a card-splitting deal.

From past experiences, folks just like to plink at reactive targets. If I can round up some more golf balls, we can string them up at distance, too, as we did at Quemado.

We should have a great time. I'm hoping we can round up some other folks to this part of the world, too. There's a bunch of folks from TX, OK, LA, and AR, not to mention the rest of the country that would add greatly to this shindig.

Ed

Sorry Ed, didn't mean to cause confusion by talking "primitive" bare bows, as in whittle sticks. I don't have any of those either. I was referring to long bows and recurves without sights regardless of composition, given that most of today's bows come complete with high and low range and locking hubs. I love cedar arrows.

I'll look into the card holder also. I've only done that once, and don't recall the set up as I was just shooting. I also have a passel of golf balls for targets.

If there's a bowling ally around, pins make fun off hand targets to 400 yards with whatever one wishes to shoot at them with. They're pretty durable as well, so clean up is easy.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I'll check on the bowling pins. Sounds like we could come up with more to do then one weekend will allow grin

Ed

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sounds like it is going to be a great time.

Hope to meet some of the folks that I missed when I didn't make Quemado last year.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Putting this on the calender. Sure hope I can make this one.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As far as my fish cooking recipe, I'm shy one of the ingredients. I clean out my freezer each quarter and start afresh. It ain't looking good.

The lake is at 17% capacity and falling. I went out yesterday with my fishing partner and we fished 2 hours without a bite. If this wind will lay after awhile, we'll try it again.

If the fishfry deal don't work, I'm thinking that lots of the attendees have probably not partaken of Prairie Dog gizzards.

Once you've discovered this delicacy. you'll forego the spectacular blowups in favor of head shots.

That, of course, is beyond the capability of "black rifle" shooters. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Ed, think your neighbors would mind if we lit up that Mountain Howitzer on your range ?

I was hanging back,sitt'n on the fence,if ya know what I mean...
If GTC brings that giant pea-shooter,I'll figger out a way to be there.
Plus... Pat really needs some adult supervision at times. smile

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The lake is at 17% capacity and falling

Falling fast is usually a problem but you do have them concentrated so you need to get busy. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton

Falling fast is usually a problem but you do have them concentrated so you need to get busy. grin miles

Dynamite is harder and hard to come by. My buddy with the telephone died, and his widow had a yard sale without inviting me. Too damn cold to go a-seining.

It's just me and a Garcia.

I never guessed it would come to this.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Ed, think your neighbors would mind if we lit up that Mountain Howitzer on your range ?

I was hanging back,sitt'n on the fence,if ya know what I mean...If GTC brings that giant pea-shooter,I'll figger out a way to be there. Plus... Pat really needs some adult supervision at times. smile

If having a giant pea-shooter there is all it takes, I know how to fix that! Pat McManus told me how to do it in "Poof, No Eyebrows". I'm pretty sure I could scare up some old sewer pipe and a couple of pounds of black powder. grin

As to Pat needing adult supervision, he ain't the only one. Are you thinking of bringing an adult with you? laugh

I would love to shake your hand, sir! I hope you can make it.

Ed

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ed, I plan on being there as well. Looking forward to it.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by milespatton

Dynamite is harder and hard to come by. My buddy with the telephone died, and his widow had a yard sale without inviting me. Too damn cold to go a-seining.It's just me and a Garcia.
I never guessed it would come to this.

You're in the middle of ranching country! Did they run out of ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel out there?
Do I have to think of everything?

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to see the plan coming together!

(It is, isn't it?)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slip_sinker
Ed, I plan on being there as well. Looking forward to it.

Excellent! Glad to have you. grin

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Glad to see the plan coming together!

(It is, isn't it?)

PLAN?!?! What do you mean, PLAN? NO body said anything about planning! That sounds like that other four-letter word, you know...work. sick

grin

Yup, it sounds as if we are going to have a blast, With or without Greg's pea-shooter, although I would prefer he bring it. Opening and closing ceremonies and all that. whistle

Ed

Page 4 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
170 members (444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 23 invisible), 1,992 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.