Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
9mm on the way...2015...the 42 was an Austrian joke on the US
.the 42/380 is very ammo sensitive....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by rifle
the 42/380 is very ammo sensitive....
The ones in our rental program run great on anything,

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've put over 300 rounds thru mine and it hasn't had the first ftf or fte. I'm quite happy with it other than a somewhat stiff trigger pull. It's an accurate little pistol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UPhiker
the 42/380 is very ammo sensitive....
The ones in our rental program run great on anything,

Our rental has broke it's guide rod and lost its trigger reset at under 5000 rounds...??

Last edited by rifle; 09/14/14.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gristle
I've put over 300 rounds thru mine and it hasn't had the first ftf or fte. I'm quite happy with it other than a somewhat stiff trigger pull. It's an accurate little pistol.

That is all well and good, but you could have had any number of full powered 9x19's in the same sized package, or even smaller. Even some very accurate and reliable pistols in the 9x19 caliber and same size/weight range.

I still don't see a real market niche being filled here, and see quite the oposite.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by safariman

That is all well and good, but you could have had any number of full powered 9x19's in the same sized package, or even smaller. Even some very accurate and reliable pistols in the 9x19 caliber and same size/weight range.

I still don't see a real market niche being filled here, and see quite the oposite.
Maybe that's what he wanted. Not everyone is as manly as you. It's meant for people who would otherwise get a P232, PK380, PPK/s or Bersa Thunder. You'd make a lousy gun salesman, since you think that everyone thinks like you. You have to listen to the customer and sell them what fits their needs.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Maybe that's what he wanted. Not everyone is as manly as you. It's meant for people who would otherwise get a P232, PK380, PPK/s or Bersa Thunder. You'd make a lousy gun salesman, since you think that everyone thinks like you. You have to listen to the customer and sell them what fits their needs.

You might be surprised at how many guns I have sold. Some of which I did not personally like. Worked at gun counters more than once, and many, many gun show tables. Oft times the gun show tables were for fully licensed pawn shops that had an over abundance of firearms at one time or another. You are dead wrong again, but this is not surprising.

Having spent my whole proffesional life in sales, sometimes I know we have to help a customer understand some pro's and con's about a product, too.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
9mm on the way...2015...the 42 was an Austrian joke on the US
.the 42/380 is very ammo sensitive....

Heard that too. I'll buy the first 9mm Glock that I can get my hands on if it's the same exact size as the little Model 42.

I've also heard that Glock was holding back on the release of the new little 9mm version, amid fears that it will kill their sales of the Glock 42. Like others here have mentioned, the Glockaholics will buy ANY new handgun Glock releases, regardless.

I've always kinda had a love / hate relationship with my Glocks, but I do own several.
First, they are ugly as sin and I just absolutely hate the look of any Polymer gun!
And they feel like a 2x4 riding in a high riding belt holster.
But I will agree they are one of the most reliable handguns on the market. Period! And I've never had any of my Glocks fail to feed or fire. Mine are also all very accurate handguns.
On the plus side, I'm also able to shoot all my Glocks really well, but they always point high for me.

But I LOVE 1911's and that's what I think of as the Ultimate carry package for Concealed Carry, and they point and shoot for me like an extension of my finger.

That being said, if I could only carry one handgun for defense of 2 legged and 4 legged creatures, for the rest of my life, it would without a doubt be my Glock 20 in 10mm.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
[Having spent my whole proffesional life in sales.
Yeah, everyone knows you sold insurance. Probably whole or universal life policies that did nothing for the buyer but made you a tidy commission. I'm sure that you even said that they were an "investment". You probably never mentioned the lower commission term policies, which would have been better for them (but not you). I bet that many were sold to your fellow churchgoers, where you'd remind them that you were a "good Christian" and wouldn't steer them wrong. You're a joke!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Having spent my whole proffesional life in sales.
Yeah, everyone knows you sold insurance. Probably whole or universal life policies that did nothing for the buyer but made you a tidy commission. I'm sure that you even said that they were an "investment". You probably never mentioned the lower commission term policies, which would have been better for them (but not you). I bet that many were sold to your fellow churchgoers, where you'd remind them that you were a "good Christian" and wouldn't steer them wrong. You're a joke!

Wow, you were way wrong again! I am shocked, I tell ya, just shocked! shocked grinActually, very little typical or standard life insurance products. Sold advanced financial products to affluent folks who were doing estate planning and protection plans. And, FWIW, I did not market to family or my church folks. Folks had to contact me such as via a referral etc.

So, you are way wrong, AGAIN! Surprise, surprise..... Better let the big hole you are digging alone for a while. And maybe keep the thread to the topic at hand of the usefulness and market of this particular pistol.

I don't mind at all when a person has a different viewpoint or opinion about something, especially a firearm. The free and open market will decide the fate of this one. I stated my opinion and have elaborated upon that.

To bring childish personal attacks into this thread and try to hijack it was Jr high level or less tactic's and immaturity.

Do you have something to add here that is based upon the facts of what the gun is, does, and where it fits into the market of pistols for sale? Maybe what it does better than something else in its class? If so, we would all welcome that including me. Stupid attempts to turn the conversation into a personal vendetta - and for what good reason I do not know - serves no good purpose in this or any other thread about a firearm or other gun and hunting related topic. Save them for some other venue. The personal attacks are not serving you well, and are a real PITA sideshow to what was being discussed by reasonable, knowledgeable adults with some background and knowledge on the subject at hand.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I finally saw one of these 42's over the weekend. Not much impression good or bad. But as to the 380, I kind of have a fondness for some of the stuff in goes in. As in the cz82 9mmmak, the cz83 380, the walthers, the early savage, some of them arejust neat little pistols.
I was messing with a cz83 the other day, as i remember you can stuff 13rounds in there using a mak magazine, and it really isn't all that big a pistol.
They will find a market for sure.

I always thought it kind of worthy of comment that europeans have used .380's to shoot people for years. I guess the average european is much smaller than the average american. Then you can get on the .32acp bandwagon.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 09/16/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A little over 250 flawless rounds through it so far and some new peepers.....I like it! And the OP is still a [bleep] idiot!

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I got one as a Christmas gift this year. So far, I have about 250 rounds through it with no bobbles. I am thinking about replacing the sights with a set of Ashley Express, however. It not being a target pistol and all.

I'm thinking the GAP series guns were flops for Glock. These little pocket guns will prove to be far from that.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It ain't going to flop. Geez, it's a Glock directed at a booming market. If it is as dependable as the 17 and 22, et al, it'll be in backorder for a while. I've not fired one but just from handling one and dry firing it seems to be a class above wife's LCP. Better trigger, better grip, just better ergonomics overall IMHO. Slightly larger but personally I'd take it in a heartbeat over the LCP if function is there. BTW I'm in the minority category of those that would like to see a user-friendly manual safety option for the pistols that will see purse carry. edit: Directed at OP not you, CT.

Last edited by shootem; 01/22/15.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's such a "flop" that the major gun shops in this area can't keep them in stock.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't wait for these guys to come out with a 25ACP.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yeah, I'd say the market's being penetrated like a TTSX thru a watermelon.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife loves her's. It ticks all the boxes for her, small, light, and its a Glock.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think you missed seeing the LEO market. My agency only approves Glocks and this is the first and only pistol approved under 9mm since the revolver disappeared decades ago. LEO price is ~$325 walking out the door and our local shop can't satisfy the demand. They got 225 of them in a month or so back that lasted less then a week. I have a pile of buddies still on the waiting list. They ran a test model with well over 500 rounds before approving it and folks only had positive things to say.

I'm holding out, I believe we'll see the single stack nine sooner rather then later.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Yep, the 42 is our most popular Blue Label model.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

113 members (6mmCreedmoor, 35, 338rcm, 7x57Hunter, AGL4now, 15 invisible), 987 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,504
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.