Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Frankly I would not limit myself to just single stack 9mm designs.

A Glock 19 is very rarely a wrong answer and very easy to shoot well, while still maintaining an ample amount of on board ammo.

There is a reason it is the overwhelmingly preferred choice of so many professionals.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mink
What say ya'll as to the best 9mm single stack on the market, or even discontinued?

I have several .45's, but have an itch for a smaller 9. Thinking Sig or maybe the new XD-S by Springfield.

I would like to hear of your experiences with yours both good and bad. Accuracy, ease of takedown and cleaning, ergos, etc...

Appreciate in advance all the help here on the Fire.

Recent thread, same question; might be of some use.

9mm CCW Thread

MM

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Kahr CW-9, a little over 300 bucks, reliable and very accurate. But, and there's always a but:

Take down is a tad clumsy and requires a little manipulation that takes some getting used to. It's not difficult, but makes one wonder where the guy's head was on the day it came to designing it. Considering how easy the SA XD-S takes down. A minor annoyance.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Mink Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Recent thread, same question; might be of some use.

9mm CCW Thread

MM

Thanks, did do a search in the Handguns sub-forum but found nothing in the last year. I am sure I did not use enough search parameters.

Last edited by Mink; 01/14/14.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Frankly I would not limit myself to just single stack 9mm designs.

A Glock 19 is very rarely a wrong answer and very easy to shoot well, while still maintaining an ample amount of on board ammo.

There is a reason it is the overwhelmingly preferred choice of so many professionals.

Yeah, if you can learn to like that trigger (and i'm sure that anyone properly motivated can do so). OTOH, I am now being reminded how easy it is to conceal a Hi-Power. OTOOH, if you're going to carry a single-stack, it isn't a stretch to bump up the caliber. wink

Different strokes...

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Kahr CW-9, a little over 300 bucks, reliable and very accurate. But, and there's always a but:

Take down is a tad clumsy and requires a little manipulation that takes some getting used to. It's not difficult, but makes one wonder where the guy's head was on the day it came to designing it. Considering how easy the SA XD-S takes down. A minor annoyance.

Agreed... but it's soooooo easy to carry.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Mine was a P9 as I remember it. Just a very heavy trigger, more so than my J-frames IMO.

Just never warmed to it, but I like 1911's and BHP's as well.

Now that Sig P239 looks interesting to me. Anyone have one and can speak about it?
I had one when they first came out. Sold it only because I decided I didn't much like traditional double action autos. Another observation is that it has a high bore axis which increases felt recoil and "flip" vs a low bore axis.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
i have a CM9, CW9, shield 9 and XDS 45. flip 2 coins, and go with any one of them. they are all fantastic.

1. CM9, so small and light and very easy to conceal. NO safety, just a nice longer trigger pull.
2. CW9 - same thing here just with a longer grip and barrel, not as easy to conceal but most people should be able too.
3. Shield, reliable, awesome gun with a manual safety. Hard to find mags right now for it however.
4. XDS 45- yah, mines a 45 and thats the reason i bought it. CUZ ITS A 45 IN A SMALL GUN! but the 9mm version is exactly the same. mine was reliable before the recall, and after and its also great. i wouldn't part with any of them.

they all fit into my rotation except for the Cw9 due to its size. One of the best features of the XDS is the grip safety. Some don't like it but i love passive safeties. nothing to turn off/on but works when you grip the gun meaning the gun will fire when you want it too. If the grip safety bothers you, then you aren't holding the firearm correctly. You have to almost try not to engage it on purpose from a shooting position. Its just a nicer feeling to reholster etc, knowing that that safety is there.

Last edited by semi; 01/14/14.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not exactly what people think of when they say "9" but it's danged close.

If I was dead set on a single stack 9mm type of weapon and had the cash - the Les Baer Stinger in 38 Super would garner a lot of attention.

1911 controls, officer frame, commander slide. 8+1 IIRC and with da inanet, ammo is a click away if one doesn't reload. Buffalo Bore has a 124 grainer at 1390FPS. That should work....

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A Sig 938 has been on my wish list since they came out. In the meantime a double-stack Browning BDM is what I use. 15 rounds in a slim package.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I find myself pacing my Sig 938 more than any 9mm I own.

I have and really like the EMP. It will see more carry after a few more testing sessions.

The Solo went down the road, nice to carry, just too hard to operate with my screwed up hands.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the 938. It's like a chopped up Star BM with Swiss quality. I'd live to play with one. I've cycled one magazine, that's it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't know what my round count is to date. I put about 250 thru to test. I empty it and the 3 mags I carry into my backyard target after every 5 days of carry.

It is a habit I got into to keep up trigger time and upkeep on my carry pieces several years ago. Can't hurt, right?

Anywho, the 938 just keeps feeling better.

For it's size it is very accurate and controllable.

Last edited by TERRY8mm; 01/15/14.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
And roughly half the price of the EMP.

It's very helpful for me to hear you have both and choose to carry the 938.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love my P238 and I've been looking real hard at the 938... I'm looking even harder now that SIG is introducing a .22 conversion unit for the 938

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I know a shop that has a couple.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
IMHO

3913 the lil tank
CW9
and
Glock 19 (double stack though)
all great choices

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Agree on the 3913. If you like plastic guns the Shield is good, but the double stack M&P9C is simply not that much larger.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I like the Kahr pistols, they just fit my hand better

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I did have a Kahr 9, which I traded for a S&W J frame. Just never much cared for the trigger. Great gun otherwise, just not my cup of tea I suppose.

I fnd that interesting, because I can go back and forth between the K9 and the J-frame without any real difference. The triggers are pretty similar in feel. What is it about the Kahr that you didn't like? Was it a micro?

BTW - any gun shop that won't let you dry-fire a centerfire handgun (using safe practices, of course) doesn't deserve your money. If you can't inspect the gun - including feeling the trigger - you might as well be buying online.

My S&W Titanium Just frame DAO revolver in a pocket holster is excellent for me. If I was in the market for a small 9x19mm semiautomatic my choice would probably be a SIG P239. YMMV...

Last edited by idahoguy101; 01/15/14.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,033 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.