-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No DSC for me this year JGR. I hadn't planned on SCI either, but looks like I'll be going next month as I need to speak F2F with the folks that run the Bubye and the taxidermist in Zimbabwe.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Why do I get the feeling TD, that you aren't buying anything?

FWIW I bought a like new Kahles CB 1.5-6x42 last week, for my Illuminated scope. No more looking thru a Leupold VX3 straw for me.

Not sure why I have to prove or justify anything, but if you read my post above yours, you'll see my home needs a few things that were unexpected and will cut into scope funds. So no, I'm not buying anything this week nor probably this month. It might be 6 months till I do.

I was unaware I was under a timeline here?

I'm glad you like the Kahles. Wish there was a dealer somewhere on hand that I could eyeball them. I've heard great things about them, but I don't know of anywhere local to me that carries them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Good luck servicing that Kahles when you have to.

It's going back to Khaybes now to have CBX illumination upgrade done on it, before I mount it on my NULA MZ.

No worries

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tddeangelo
Not sure why I have to prove or justify anything, but if you read my post above yours, you'll see my home needs a few things that were unexpected and will cut into scope funds. So no, I'm not buying anything this week nor probably this month. It might be 6 months till I do.

I was unaware I was under a timeline here?

Might as well wait till after Shot Show

Last edited by cooperfan; 01/14/14.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They have my 3.5-10x 50 American (1") putting a #4 in it right now. That scope just seems to be right there when anything happens. I have shot more animals with it AND dropped it on the concrete more than anything else I have ever owned. I have never once had a problem with Kahles service in the 3 times I have broken this scope, even the new guys Kaybee's who are the front end for Kahles these days are wonderful people and have treated me well.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amazing....couple years ago when the Meopta Meopro came out, I snagged a 3-9x42. Loved that scope. Excellent glass. Perfect sized reticle. Couldnt get dark enough for my blind eyes to lose the ability to see through that scope it seemed. Glass way above the VX3 and even a tad better(at least to my eyes than the then available Zeiss Conquest). But attempting to compare them was like asking to date some of you guys daughters. Now I see others have discovered that Meoptas are for real. True they dont advertise like the other big manufacturers. They probably are one of the best kept secrets of the optics world. Ill continue to buy their scopes. For the coin, i dont know that they can be beat. Especially when comparing the "total package". For that Whelen you mention, id be looking hard at the 3-9x42 with either std dplx or #4 or the 3.5-10x44. Spend the savings on boolits. Thank me later

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Amazing....couple years ago when the Meopta Meopro came out, I snagged a 3-9x42. Loved that scope. Excellent glass. Perfect sized reticle. Couldnt get dark enough for my blind eyes to lose the ability to see through that scope it seemed. Glass way above the VX3 and even a tad better(at least to my eyes than the then available Zeiss Conquest). But attempting to compare them was like asking to date some of you guys daughters. Now I see others have discovered that Meoptas are for real. True they dont advertise like the other big manufacturers. They probably are one of the best kept secrets of the optics world. Ill continue to buy their scopes. For the coin, i dont know that they can be beat. Especially when comparing the "total package". For that Whelen you mention, id be looking hard at the 3-9x42 with either std dplx or #4 or the 3.5-10x44. Spend the savings on boolits. Thank me later

You make good points. The Meopro's are optically identical, per Meopta's customer service folks I emailed with. I do like that the Meostar line has etched reticles, but probably wouldn't be a huge factor.

There is a 1.5-6 languishing in the bargain cave at the local cabela's, where I also happen to have a fair amount of gift cards from the holidays. I could likely walk out the door with it for 650-ish if I could act now, although I have to recover from the plumbing project first.

I'm hoping that since the scope has been there since about the beginning of Nov that they'll do a price reduction on it soon, too. It's a 1.5-6x42 Meostar, with a lit #4 reticle. I could get used to it pretty easily, but I'm also curious if the 1.7-10x42 R2 will come to pass soon...as that is my "perfect scope".

And I still have about 250 bullets stocked for the Whelen, so I'm ok there for a bit. SPS may get 250PT's at some point, and I'll add to the pile, or if I catch a deal on HotCor's again, I'll get more of those. I've used the HotCor's to hunt and have been very impressed so far, and accuracy is pretty decent, too.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 64 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.