Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Wook
Dang, that was a good story actually. I was expecting some knee-jerk, zero tolerance, 9 day suspension story. Some school admin seem to have a little common sense in MN!

Thanks for sharing...

I was as well. The principal they had last year would have used all that!

I always ask them what they learned that day when I pick them up from the bus stop. Last week he told me they talked about God and how he created everything in the universe! I damn near drove in the ditch...he's in public school after all.

My daughter said they they say the pledge and sing the National Anthem every morning as well. Shocked again.

We live in a pretty conservative area of MN. It's near the twin cities, but apparently far enough away for good values yet. That was one of the reasons my ex-wife and I chose this area, as well as the schools. So far, it sounds like we were correct.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good to hear Dave. Joey has some practice from his brother pickin on him. grin

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Scott F
Yep. My forth grade grandson would be wearing prison stripes.

lmao.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Tom.

Buy that man a Miller! (or Leinies)

Paul

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Whelen Nut
Hey Tom.

Buy that man a Miller! (or Leinies)

Paul

The kid or the principal? The kid will drink it so, um....no. laugh

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

There's the problem, right there. Schools don't need a psychologist.

YOUR kids don't need a psychologist. I'd have to see that lady's job description but I'd guess most of what she does is monitor for child abuse in all its nefarious forms, and I ain't talking ordinary spanking/home corporal punishment. Could be sexual, physical, parent providing drugs and/or alchohol, parents absent from home for long periods of time etc etc....

Granted along with all of that she's quite likely a Liberal twinkie also.

As for the phone call to parents; your kid gets in a fight and we HAVE to notify the parents. Otherwise little Johnny goes home with cuts and bruises and the parent hears THEIR version of events, and even good parents will have wanted to be informed right off.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey, Prince-apples like beer, too! Ask me how I know! grin

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
MY GOD, a school official with common sense, I AM SHOCKED!

Aww heck T, thousands of decisions like that gotta be made every day, else administrators would just be buried in paperwork.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by T LEE
MY GOD, a school official with common sense, I AM SHOCKED!

+2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Great story, great outcome. A handful of years ago my son, while in kindergarten, took a empty 12ga cartridge into school without me knowing. He of course got caught with it. The teacher returned it to my wife at the end of the day. End of story. We laugh about it now, but in this day and age the wrong kinda teacher could of made it messy.

IC B3

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well with the job they have to do...I would too. laugh Wait, I already do.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I taught or 30 years. The outcomes in cases like this are usually just like your's. The only problem is that the positive outcomes rarely make it to the internet.

99% of the horror stories that get posted are not telling the whole story. Just a bunch of people with an agend and a kid who screwed up and they want to blame the school instead of teaching their kids responsibility.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
Originally Posted by Calhoun
My only comment is that the big kid should have gotten something extra, next kid he knocks down might not be able to respond like yours did.

But, yeah, overall a much better response than normal. And considering it's Minnesota, I'm surprised! grin

i disagree the kid got his azz beat by some one smaller i think that should work, and it was over football boys are boys

No, the OP's kid is getting punished for self defense just as much as the other kid is for assault. The assaulting party should get more punishment, unless the defender carried the self-defense too far.

The "punishment" was common when I was his age, I'm 56 now. No big deal, no psychologist intervention, principal did it right.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I was the new guy in 8th grade and got dog-piled by the regulars in a recess football game. I came up swinging and got the biggest guy in school down. He fought back, we both got suspended for three days. My principle wasn't down with the logic "Boys will be boys". BUT, I did not have any more trouble and we were friends from then on.
Truly, boys will be boys and that needs to be recognized.

LOL
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,079
Posts18,463,857
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.