Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by ddurst
How much you asking now, or is price the same?

Since the concensus is that the pad is not original, I am willing to negotiate downward on the price. I have not come up with a firm price yet, quite open to offers.

I may have commited a little too much to this rifle, not knowing enough about them, but am hoping to recoup at least the bulk of the investment.

Feel free to hit me with what you would consider a fair amount for this rifle. Stock aside, the metal is all in outstanding condition.

The metal and bluing all look great Mark, plus it still has the original front hood. When you have the rifle in your hands, could you get us the first 3 digits of the serial #? Thanks buddy..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by nathanial
Could be interested in the rifle but would like to know if the bolt knob is hollow, can't tell by the pictures. Also, does the magazine box have a spacer in it for short cartridges and does the action have the bolt stop for short cartridges?

Million dollar question it appears to be solid.. A sn would help.

Yep, the first 308 fwt's (made in '52) had the solid knob. That carried thru till about the middle of '53, so we really need a serial # to know when this rifle was made. I sold a very nice all original first year fwt here last year for $1,200.00. It had the solid bolt knob, which was original to the rifle. These are actually more rare than the others with the hole in the knob, which actually brings the collector value up.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GeoW
Mark, don't it piss you off when the original owner told you all those lies about this rifle.. I would almost want to have a chat with him if I had been in your shoes.

Your description sucks, not revealing serial number range, not comparing the LOP with the other model 70 you have for sale just for information purposes as well to explain if the stock has been chopped, and posting pics that look worse than Mathew Brady's work from the Civil War..

Much could be cleared up by using fewer words and better pics.

The excuse about not knowing much about Model 70's just don't wash as you know the information to omit too well.

As Gen George Patton said, I read your book!

But he's Christian.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Time for another bowl of popcorn.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
FWIW, no I am not upset with the other person, he told me what he knew, and I am doing the same. When I am back at home I will give the guns a closer look and report back a few more details.

If you don't like the description or gun, don't buy it! Simple as that.

Used to be considered pretty bad form at a minimum to dis a persons gun for sale, ads here or wares in the open forum.

I would have welcomed some well meaning intel or suggestions via PM's.

I notice it is the same dog piling troublemakers each time this happens, so it does not get to me. Tools will be tools.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As has already been asked�..What is the LOP? It's a very simple measurement.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
When I am back at home, (And I think I reffered in this ad to being out of town this week, my apologies if I did not) I will get the LOP measured and look at the serial numbers and post both points of interest or query.

Thank you for an honest and sincere question. I am a little bit busy and distracted here. I WILL get those answers right away when I am in the same state as the guns.

Last edited by safariman; 01/24/14.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Description is accurate, and photos are many so all sales final.

Honest question, Mark. Given all of the information that has come out in this thread, would you have refunded a buyer who agreed to the purchase based on what you said and subsequently found out otherwise?

Mine is an honest and sincere question as well that can easily be answered from anywhere in the world.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
This is all good information, gentlemen. I am away from the home right now and cannot get a look at the rifle but surely will later today and get back with you.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That it is, and yes I would have. I have refunded a couple of guns over the years (rare instances where I have needed to do so) or added stuff into a deal to make it a more equitable trade or deal according to a buyer. One time even sending a whole nuther gun once, and a Walnut stock Rem 870 Magnum at that, to a person who was unhappy with a purchase to stay on the safe and happy side of the trade world.

To those who have offered insight regarding this rifle with no malice and an honest intent to inform, thank you. I genuinely appreciate the info and help. I will get more info on the rifle and get back with ya'll.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the answer and explanation, Mark.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
When I am back at home, (And I think I reffered in this ad to being out of town this week, my apologies if I did not) I will get the LOP measured and look at the serial numbers and post both points of interest or query.

Thank you for an honest and sincere question. I am a little bit busy and distracted here. I WILL get those answers right away when I am in the same state as the guns.

Thanks Mark. I understand.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same here Mark, I probably couldn't swing it anyhow...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is all good information, gentlemen. I am away from the home right now and cannot get a look at the rifle but surely will later today and get back with you.

I am not a Winchester expert, so all of this is helping me with my learning curve. No one at the Winchester Forums mentioned any of these possible discrepancies. I may have to revise my price on this one down to a good shooter grade price.

MARK

Ferreted out by the Classified Hawks again. No one has dissed your add or your gun... Just pointed out inaccuracies and omissions in your description.

Honesty goes a long way toward fixing a questionable, damaged reputation.

Good evening Mark,

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Tough crowd. Looks like a few of you really know your Winchesters!

Last edited by Mgw619; 01/24/14. Reason: Can't spell worth a pluck!

You'll shoot your eye out
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I am away from the home right now and cannot get a look at the rifle but surely will later today and get back with you.

When I am back at home, (And I think I reffered in this ad to being out of town this week, my apologies if I did not)

Just another saga in the life of a cheat and liar. My favorite part is the return policy, unless your money has already been spent, then it's PTFO.

And speaking of cheating and lying, did you ever make things right with those fellas you [bleep] on bullet trades? Seems there was more than one guy still waiting for the trade on your end to show up.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I sent PM's to them offering to make right any oversights, no rely so far. Quite happy to make right any wrongs once I know what they were. I was quite unaware that bullets had not been recieved by them until that old thread. When I send them, as I did, I have no way of knowing if the USPS destroys or loses a package unless someone tells me. I have had empty or nearly empty envelopes that were once full of bullets arrive here, too. But I do not call out the senders or call names of them when that happens.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Did you follow up and give the serial # like others had requested? Hate to say it but I'm also seeing a trend here . . .

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have no intent to "dis" your sale. But like others, have pointed out a couple key bits of info that would help clarify what you have, eg. s/n and lop.
Hope it sells quickly.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cfran
Did you follow up and give the serial # like others had requested? Hate to say it but I'm also seeing a trend here . . .

Won't have any opportunity to do so until I and the gun are in the same state, as I have said several times in this thread. I should have written down the serial numbers and a few other details before I left for the Cancer Treatment center (in Zion Illinois), but I had other things on my mind.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

384 members (1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 56 invisible), 1,855 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,418
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.