Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 54 55
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Well, I'm ticked to say the least, and will probably get the boot from this site for what I'm about to say, but it needs to be said.

I ordered a stock through Rick Bin from McMillan in November and waited a rediculous amount of time to finally get it. When it finally arrived, it was a mess. The recoil pad was the wrong size and the top layer of rubber had been completely ground through, and the bolt notch looked like it had been cut out with a butter knife. I talked to Rick, he blamed McMillan, McMillan blamed him, but he took it back and reinstalled the pad and fixed the bolt notch. He did a great job and turned it around in three weeks and fine. I then proceeded to bed the rifle and get things rolling, but soon discovered that the LOP was a 1/2" longer than I had ordered. After Rick had had this twice and it still wasn't right, I decided to deal with McMillan direct. I talked to Kelly, and he agreed to personally look after it and turn it around in a week and I foolishly believed him.

Well, I recieved the stock from McMillan today, four weeks after sending it to them, and what another mess. They replace the swivel studs to stainless as I had originally ordered, but the front stud is sticking 1/4" below flush and won't screw in any farther, and the paint job is horendous. This stock now has three coats of paint (bloody rediculous considering it is an edge stock ordered for weight reduction) and it's spotty. Someone got a little slap happy with the grinder installing pad number three and forgot to paint their screw up. Pinto look maybe? I had also asked them to mask the bedding and they did part of it, so some is painted and some isn't.

So, great discount Rick Bin gives has now cost me money ($50.00 in shipping expenses so far) and this thin still aint right. I'm amazed at what $500.00 US won't buy.

Chuck

GB1

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sorry to hear that this has been a bad experience for you ... I'm waiting to get my first A5 back from McM this week ... it had to go back because the bbl channel inletting was not done quite right ... we'll see how it turns out for me ...

-WGM-
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chuck, on your postal scale, what's it weigh now?

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
22.5 oz's, which makes me smile. Loosing 1/2" helps.

Chuck

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bummer as every product I have ever gotten from McMillan that no other person modified has been perfect. More than 20 stocks over the years.

NRA Life Member
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sorry to hear it Chuck,

We all know that Rick will do any and everthing possible to have a happy customer. That said,

It's to bad Mcmillan didnt take care of Rick in the first place.
They should have never passed the buck and taken the bull by the horns and made it right. Sloppy CS and sloppy work to say the least.

Where do you go from here?

I would have Mcmillan send the brown man and pick up the stock at their expense then have them start all over. They should put you first in line.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chuck, what's McMillan say they'll do about this mess?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My guess,cast from the Peanut Gallery,is that all will be reolved.

It always is.................................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think anyone doubts that it will get resolved ... I think that Chuck's point is that it's ridiculous that this situation evolved as it did, and is still not resolved yet ... at least that's my understanding...

and I tend to agree, that this is something that should have never got this far ... but who am I to cast stones, as I've made my share of mistakes, and let things get way out of hand in my life from time to time ... and when I look back, I wonder how the hell I ever let things get that out of control ... Does that make me a bad guy, or irresponsible? I'd like to think not, ... and with respect to that, I agree that McMillan needs to have the opportunity to complete this project to the satisfaction of the customer ... again, I'm sure they will in the end ...

-WGM-
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Bummer as every product I have ever gotten from McMillan that no other person modified has been perfect. More than 20 stocks over the years."

Your only as good as your last job.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[bleep] happens,but most importantly,it's how the [bleep] is dealt with.

Having dealt with both parties mentioned,I feel confident in opining that things will be resolved..........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, maybe trip number four will get her ironed out...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chuck:

There should be not a thought on your end as to being banned from this site for airing a legit grievance.

As I stated before, you ordered through me, so the buck stops with me, no excuses, and I'll do whatever I can in my power to make it right. The blame is solely on me.

If you're not happy with the paint, I'll be glad to paint it again for you, gratis of course, and I'll cover shipping each way. The pad is your call. Tell me what you don't like about the grind, and I'll do my best to make it right.

Rick

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Exactly!

I'd be looking for a new job by now!

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
[bleep] happens,but most importantly,it's how the [bleep] is dealt with.

Having dealt with both parties mentioned,I feel confident in opining that things will be resolved..........................

Given the circumstances, that's the dumb comment of the day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tough to speak for anyone else,but [bleep] do happen.

According to above text,resolutions lie in your lap.

I'd reckon you've been led to water......................

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
The pad is just fine, it's the friggin paint job, and the swivel studs. How does [bleep] like that make it out the door?!!!!!. I'm not waiting another day for that stock to be made right. 7 mnths is long enough, and I'll pay another party to make it right if I have to. I'm done dealing with you guys on this stock. DONE!

Chuck

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Guess you ain't thirsty.......................

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It seems like Rick has offered to make the stock right for you on his nickel(s). Since he can turn back time, what more can he do to make you happy?

Jeff

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Here's a resolution for ya. Send me a stock that I can use. I'll send the other one back and whomever wants can shove it where the sun don't shine. They've had three chances to get it right, do you think a fourth go will help! Good grief man, if your boys screwed up that much you'd ride em out on a rail. No? Give your head a shake.

Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 54 55

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 16penny, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,218
Posts18,466,391
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.