GB1

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
[Linked Image]

NECG sight (with Williams Twilight aperture)

Hi guys, NECG now offers a new kind of aperture / ghost ring for ruger in addition to this previous model.

[Linked Image]

http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/Gun_Services/Peep_Sights.asp

I like the looks of that new one better. Thanks for the info!...

do you have that new one on your No.1? With the wings and base on that thing i was wondering if it's like looking through a peep hole in a wall. It seems like your ambient vision would be obscured quite a bit as opposed to just having the stand alone ring.

"The very idea of freedom presupposes some objective moral law that over-arches rulers and ruled alike"- C.S. Lewis
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Draeb, you are exactly right. I have not used the new NECG, but I have used the old one. The old one is like looking through a hole in a wall. The new one might be somewhat better as far as target visibility goes, when hunting game, but you cannot beat the XS aperture for having the best visibility when taking a shot at an animal. I say this from actually shooting hogs and deer with the XS sight.

Last edited by rj308; 08/13/13.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by rj308
Draeb, you are exactly right. I have not used the new NECG, but I have used the old one. The old one is like looking through a hole in a wall. The new one might be somewhat better as far as target visibility goes, when hunting game, but you cannot beat the XS aperture for having the best visibility when taking a shot at an animal. I say this from actually shooting hogs and deer with the XS sight.

Yea, I'm wanting a good hunting aperture. I like having as much ambient vision as possible. Even my scopes are fixed 2-3 power for greater field of view. I really like the one that I bumped this thread about, but I can't find it on the XS website.

"The very idea of freedom presupposes some objective moral law that over-arches rulers and ruled alike"- C.S. Lewis
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Nevermind. UtahLefty messaged me. I didn't see the drop down menu on the XS website (phone with tiny screen).

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Does the newer production NECG sights have windage adjustment independent of the clamping screws?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just ordered a Skinner for mine. It will be delivered with 3 different size apertures or can be used as a ghost ring. Andy Larsson and crew are great folks to work with. I'll let you know what I think when I get it installed.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (16Racing, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,578
Posts18,454,042
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.