-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just keep it away from the wood. It will RUIN the finish! That said, I wouldn't use anything else anymore.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Use plastic bore brushes

I hear this a lot but I have never seen any to buy. I have looked at several gun shops and all they have is copper/brass/bronze and maybe stainless steel. I figure on line but have never done any kind of search and would be leery because of thread size problems. I have a good one piece rod (and a lot of multiple piece) but I do not know the thread size. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sorry thought this was a Super Bowl thread

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
While the rest of the civilized world was tolerating the Super Bowl, I decided to disassemble & clean a long neglected 22 rimfire that I haven't fired in years due to a cracked stock.
Looking down the bore it looked a little fuzzy and the rifling was actually hard to define.
Soaked it down with Wipe-Out and let it soak for an hour, patched it out and the bore was bright and shiny again. I thought it can't be clean yet so I did another application and my patches came out clean.
I don't know how that stuff works, but it works good.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Someone said something about tubing, that is what I do, got a piece from the hardware about 12 Ins. long that fits the chamber tight.

Then I fasten two clamps to the edge of the work bench to keep the rifle from tipping over, stand the rifle muzzle down between the clamps and filler up with WO, leave the can attached to the tube for a minute or two till the pressure goes down, leave the tube in the chamber till its time to brush, nylon brush with a piece of paper towel, VIOLA!

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

And I was expecting The Surfaris.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ClaysEtc
Someone said something about tubing, that is what I do, got a piece from the hardware about 12 Ins. long that fits the chamber tight.

Then I fasten two clamps to the edge of the work bench to keep the rifle from tipping over, stand the rifle muzzle down between the clamps and filler up with WO, leave the can attached to the tube for a minute or two till the pressure goes down, leave the tube in the chamber till its time to brush, nylon brush with a piece of paper towel, VIOLA!

It would work better if the rifle was horizontal, don't have a can of it in front of me but it clearly states that in the instructions.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wipeout has been surpassed. Boretech elminator and Boretech copper remover work better and faster.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope...Eliminator's tits on a boar hog...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad

And I was expecting The Surfaris.
I have been wondering for several days if anyone else immediately thought of them!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by milespatton
Use plastic bore brushes

I hear this a lot but I have never seen any to buy. I have looked at several gun shops and all they have is copper/brass/bronze and maybe stainless steel. I figure on line but have never done any kind of search and would be leery because of thread size problems. I have a good one piece rod (and a lot of multiple piece) but I do not know the thread size. miles
You can order nylon brushes from the good folks at Montana-X-treme. They don't always have all the sizes in stock at one time, but I got everything I needed in two orders a few weeks apart.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Nope...Eliminator's tits on a boar hog...

Have you used BE?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes I have and it required significant elbow grease and numerous applications. I did a comparison with two rifles and the same amount of rounds down the tube and WO was much easier to apply and yielded better results.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can order nylon brushes from the good folks at Montana-X-treme.

Thank you Mudhen. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What do you guys use to plug the muzzle and chamber when using wipe out. I like the idea of standing it on the muzzle overnight. Thanks, 163bc

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 163bc
What do you guys use to plug the muzzle and chamber when using wipe out. I like the idea of standing it on the muzzle overnight. Thanks, 163bc

MD said he uses a fired case to mostly seal the chamber.

Moe

"Pick out two!"
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have not used WO, but when I use Kroil to soak a barrel I use cheap foam earplugs. They form to the bore and seal well. Just my .02

Last edited by turbine1; 02/05/14. Reason: typeo

turbine1
Life Member of the NRA
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. 1. Jesus Christ 2. The American G.I "One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!" You might want to pass this on, as many seem to forget both of them!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup, foam earplugs work great.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

704 members (1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 160user, 16Racing, 65 invisible), 3,100 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,147
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.