Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Too much mess? I just put an empty case in the chamber and squirt WO in the muzzle. A day later I open the action to remove the case, and push a few patches through.

Now that's a darn good idea. Never thought of that!

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by olblue
John, Have you tried the Gunslick foam? If so how does it compare to Wipe Out?

I'm having a heck of a time finding Wipe-Out, but I found a can of Gunslick foam. How do the two compare?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wipe-Out is actually very easy to use, with a little practice-
I drop the floorplate on my bolt actions, place a folded paper towel into the action area, and insert the Wipe-Out cannister with plastic tubing attached. A small squirt or two into the chamber end, just until foam begins to come out of the end of the barrel, is all you need. Leave the plastic tubing end in place for a few seconds, until the foam is done expanding.
Leave overnite, run a couple of patches thru. If still copper colored, do again. Then, a couple of patches with Hoppes Elite to clean things up, and a 28 ga. bore mop into the chamber to clean it as well.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It also works quite well.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
It also works quite well.

Thank you. Now to find some Dyna Bore Coat.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think it's as aggressive as Wipe Out but it comes in a larger can with an applicator nozzle. It works well enough I'll continue using both.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by olblue
John, Have you tried the Gunslick foam? If so how does it compare to Wipe Out?

I'm having a heck of a time finding Wipe-Out, but I found a can of Gunslick foam. How do the two compare?

P

It's available at Midway.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been using Wipe-Out for several years now. My method:
I use Butch's Bore Shine to clean out the carbon, then Wipe-Out Accelerator followed by Wipe-Out. I have found that foaming from the muzzle or using the supplied straw from the chamber will usually result in a mess, so I have started using these:
To start, you will need some 1/4" tubing and some 3/8" tubing which can be found a any home improvement store in the plumbing section. Cut the tubing to length. What works for me has been about 1-2" of the 3/8" and 6-8" of the 1/4". Now stick the 1/4"; into the short 3/8".
[Linked Image]
Second you will need to take a fired case and drill out the primer and primer pocket using a 1/4" bit. You will need to clamp the case in a vise, but be sure to grab the base area of the case. This will need to go all the way through the base of the case so the tubing will reach the neck of the case. Insert the tubing into the case and this is what you should have.
[Linked Image]
Attach your applicator to the bottle of Wipe-Out.
[Linked Image]
Now you should be able to get to work. Be sure to shake the Wipe-Out as it states in the directions. Insert the applicator into chamber from the ejection port. With a little forward pressure on the applicator I will fill the bore with the Wipe-Out while plugging the muzzle with a finger. Once the bore is filled, I will release the finger from the muzzle and wait until the foam is finished "expanding." This is when you can remove the applicator from the chamber. If done properly, there won't be a mess in the action and there will be little waste. I'd also suggest having a bucket or trash can under the muzzle to catch the waste. I would like to say I came up with this on my own, but I didn't. I picked it up from a Benchrest guy at my rifle club. Hopefully someone will find this helpful! I would also advise not using the kitchen counter for cleaning, this was done for pictures only. smile

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

NRA member

Mill Creek Rifle Club member
DeSoto, KS
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Engine22
I use Butch's Bore Shine to clean out the carbon, then Wipe-Out Accelerator followed by Wipe-Out. I have found that foaming from the muzzle or using the supplied straw from the chamber will usually result in a mess, so I have started using these:
To start, you will need some 1/4" tubing and some 3/8" tubing which can be found a any home improvement store in the plumbing section. Cut the tubing to length. What works for me has been about 1-2" of the 3/8" and 6-8" of the 1/4". Now stick the 1/4"; into the short 3/8".
[Linked Image]
Second you will need to take a fired case and drill out the primer and primer pocket using a 1/4" bit. You will need to clamp the case in a vise, but be sure to grab the base area of the case. This will need to go all the way through the base of the case so the tubing will reach the neck of the case. Insert the tubing into the case and this is what you should have.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Now you should be able to get to work. Be sure to shake the Wipe-Out as it states in the directions. Insert the applicator into chamber from the ejection port. With a little forward pressure on the applicator I will fill the bore with the Wipe-Out while plugging the muzzle with a finger. Once the bore is filled, I will release the finger from the muzzle and wait until the foam is finished "expanding." This is when you can remove the applicator from the chamber. If done properly, there won't be a mess in the action and there will be little waste. I'd also suggest having a bucket or trash can under the muzzle to catch the waste. I would like to say I came up with this on my own, but I didn't. I picked it up from a Benchrest guy at my rifle club. Hopefully someone will find this helpful! I would also advise not using the kitchen counter for cleaning, this was done for pictures only. smile

I do the same thing minus the fired case and the 1/4 tubing. Cut a piece of 3/8 tubing 8" long and attach one end to the can. Hold the other end in the chamber with a little force (it ends up in the shoulder portion of the chamber) and press on the nozzle enough to get the foam coming out the muzzle. once the foam has quit expanding remove the tube, wipe the foam off the muzzle and let it sit. No plugs no voodoo dolls etc.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks!

Molan Labe
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Opinions on the sister product Patch Out?

There's always hope as long as there's lead in the air.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Does Wipe-Out remove Dyna Bore Coat?

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No it does not.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Seuss,

Patch-Out works just like Wipe-Out as far as removing fouling. Just depends on which method of application you prefer.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Just shoot it through the muzzle, not the chamber. Stuff a shop towel in the breech.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Rube? Rube Goldberg? smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad I found this

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bought my first can have yet to try it, cost me $20.99CDN
looking forward to trying it.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I used Wipe Out since it first came out. I got to thinking to much which is an unfortunate problem for me and decided I wasn't sweating so something was wrong. I switched to Montana Extreme because a friend that shoots competitively uses it. I noticed in the rifling of one of my favorite rifles what looked like rust. I am pretty rough on guns so I thought it was from neglect. It turned out to be copper. I thought Montana Extreme was supposed to be really aggressive but I guess not. I also use Accelerator with Wipeout but be careful. When I first started I would do it without gloves and my fingers would turn white. Now I am more careful. I am sure none of these chemicals are good for you when on your skin.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

618 members (1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 2,503 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,308
Posts18,449,130
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.