Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#8528915 01/30/14
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I kept seeing Mule Deer mention the product Wipe-out, and always speaking highly of it.

So...I finally tacked a 2-can order onto some other things I was needing, and they arrived earlier this week.

What took me so long?? That stuff really makes the job pleasant.

Thanks, JB

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
You're welcome!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use Wipe-Out a lot, especially when the weather is bad and I can't clean my rifles outdoors. I very much like the idea of my rifles getting clean while I sleep. That happens with Wipe Out.

In better weather, I use Montana X-Treme solvents outdoors which have pretty potent vapors I'd prefer not to inhale.

Either seems to do an excellent job of cleaning my rifles.

Steve

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
It's about all I use these days. Sometimes when I want to just freshen the barrel up a bit I will use Bore Tech Eliminator on a few patches but for serious cleaning the Wipe Out is it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Dyna Bore Coat and Wipe Out have changed all of gun cleaning habits. Love the stuff.

Randy

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Too much mess. Good for if your rifle barrel has never been squeaky clean (if you want that), but I prefer the Kroil-then-KG route. Every once and a while I'll give W-O a go, though...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great stuff.

Less time rod and jag stays out of the barrel, the better.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Too much mess? I just put an empty case in the chamber and squirt WO in the muzzle. A day later I open the action to remove the case, and push a few patches through.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hmm, might have to try that. I clamp the barrel in the vise, angled slightly toward the muzzle, put the trash can below the muzzle, jam the rubber tube in the chamber and squirt it in. After a few seconds the foam stops flowing out the muzzle, and I just jam an oversized cotton patch in the chamber. Never had any issues.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mule Deer;
Top of the morning to you sir, hopefully this finds you folks doing well on the last day of January.

Thanks for the tip on using Wipe Out, as I mentioned I'm going to try to source some up here and give it a whirl.

A silly question perhaps, but am I to understand you leave it butt down then with the empty case in the chamber?

Thanks in advance John and all the best to you and Eileen this weekend.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 01/31/14. Reason: better sentence?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Hi Dwayne,

No, I stand the rifle on its muzzle. Otherwise the WO will seep past the case a little.

The only reason for the case is to keep the foam from oozing all through the action. I must admit, however, that once in a while I just close the bolt, and the WO gives the bolt-face a nice cleaning as well.

Best to you, and hope you have a nice weekend!

John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Too much mess? I just put an empty case in the chamber and squirt WO in the muzzle. A day later I open the action to remove the case, and push a few patches through.

Why didn't I think of that? I just used it for the first time a couple of days ago. Seems like good stuff.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suspect, don't have any proof, that I got WO on my stock bedding and it softened the bedding material. I can't prove this happened but the rifle had shot well for several years but the accuracy went away and then I found the bedding material could be gouged with a finger nail. Anyone here ever have something similar happen?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
A bore guide w/o-ring is a good Friend when using wipeout,
My second best friend is a 8" piece of flexible fuel line just a hair bigger than your case....it will seal off the chamber AND allow w/o to push all the way through the barrel.
Let the fuel line hang out the action ejection port to drain "over blow".
I've found the fuel line trick is the ONLY way (OK my way) to clean a lever action or auto/pump type rifle.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by kraky111
My second best friend is a 8" piece of flexible fuel line just a hair bigger than your case....it will seal off the chamber AND allow w/o to push all the way through the barrel.
Let the fuel line hang out the action ejection port to drain "over blow".
I've found the fuel line trick is the ONLY way (OK my way) to clean a lever action or auto/pump type rifle.

That is a neat idea...and I usually have some fuel hose laying around all the time. I will definitely have to try this out!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just a thought, would an o-ring of sorts around the cartridge seal it?

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have never used Wipe Out but I do use Wipe Out Patch Out and it works great. I just never liked the foam cleaners.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I flood the bore with Montana X-Treme instead of Wipeout but I bought a few of these in different sizes to plug the chamber. They should work just the same with Wipeout. They cost a few cents each at most hardware stores.

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Boise
I suspect, don't have any proof, that I got WO on my stock bedding and it softened the bedding material. I can't prove this happened but the rifle had shot well for several years but the accuracy went away and then I found the bedding material could be gouged with a finger nail. Anyone here ever have something similar happen?

This happened to one of my rifles. After a lousy session at the range with a usually accurate rifle, I took it home and checked everything. When I removed the stock a little of the bedding fell out. What was left had turned rubbery. I re-bedded it and it was good to go. I am way more careful about plugging the action now.
I use a rolled up piece of blue paper shop towel. Make it kind of case shaped and push it in tight. The towel soaks up some of the WO and cleans the front of the chamber area, but keeps it from getting into the bedding. I also use a vise, barrel angled down over a small trash can I keep on my bench.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I plug the breach end, spray wipe out down the bore, and then just lay the rifle on it's side on the floor. Should I be standing it muzzle down?

Bb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never used it, but I would think standing it muzzle down would be best. Otherwise I would think it would "settle" to one side of the barrel?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Boise
Anyone here ever have something similar happen?

When I used WO, the fired case, on the next range trip, was "glued" so tightly in the chamber I could barely get the bolt open. Subsequent firings were the same. I had to gunk up the action with solvents to clean the chamber area which is what I was trying to avoid by using WO in the first place.

Muzzle down, chamber plugged for a reason.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was just looking at the W/O products at midway. Which one is it that y'all are using and liking the most?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That's where I bought mine from.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You guys are making this harder than it has to be. Just rest the rifle horizontally in a gun cradle etc. Stuff a blue shop towel in the chamber area. You actually don't want something airtight in the chamber because it makes it harder for the foam to expand all the way from the muzzle to the throat.

I leave it horizontal overnight and then give it a zip with some patches or a Boresnake.

After that, take a mop and swap the chamber, and a bent qtip to clean around the lugs.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I use a bore guide. Short squirts in the muzzle until it comes out the guide, paper towel under both ends.

I use a slight incline towards the muzzle to keep WO out of the action area.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just stuff a couple of patches into the chamber with a short
cleaning rod - it seals excessive foam just fine. Push them out from the muzzle and clean the barrel as usual practice.
A couple of short bursts of foam works best so as not to waste too much product.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I use a bore guide. Short squirts in the muzzle until it comes out the guide, paper towel under both ends.

I use a slight incline towards the muzzle to keep WO out of the action area.

Pre-Zactley! That's the same method I use. No problems whatsoever.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Reloder28,

Why was the case still in the chamber when you went to the range? Hadn't you swabbed out the bore?

John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
deg967,

I've used both the foam and the Patch-Out. They both work about the same on fouling, but the foam is easier to get inside the bore. No rod, no patches, just squirt it in and leave it.

It does take a little practice to not overload the barrel. All you need to do it fill the bore. Just tap the button at first, waiting a couple of seconds between taps.

I must comment that in years of using Wipe-Out I've yet to get it down into the action bedding, whether blocking it with an empty case or just the bolt face. But maybe I'm just a cheapskate, so use the minimum amount!

John Steinbeck
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I use some clear vinyl tubing that's about 3/16" inside diameter and about 3/10 " OD , jam it onto the nozzle and then jam the other end into the throat or against the shoulder in smaller calibers. Then use MD's techniques of short squirts 'til it oozes out the muzzle.

I'll lay it on one side and the next day after pushing some patches through it, if I think there's still more copper fouling, I'll give it another application and lay it on the other side.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
LOVE my wipeout! Had a bad experience with a new can this last go-round though. Got my new can ready to go, straw inserted, shook vigorously, and nothing....my brand new can had lost pressure. Completely full....nothing but a drip drip of fluid, not foam.

Wonder if they will make good on it? Had another new can and proceeded to go to town on the gunk.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
John, Have you tried the Gunslick foam? If so how does it compare to Wipe Out?

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another vote for PATCH Out. The foam is fun, but the patch liquid works better. Use plastic bore brushes or plastic jags with patches to wet everything down, come back tomorrow.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
deg967,

I've used both the foam and the Patch-Out. They both work about the same on fouling, but the foam is easier to get inside the bore. No rod, no patches, just squirt it in and leave it.

It does take a little practice to not overload the barrel. All you need to do it fill the bore. Just tap the button at first, waiting a couple of seconds between taps.

I must comment that in years of using Wipe-Out I've yet to get it down into the action bedding, whether blocking it with an empty case or just the bolt face. But maybe I'm just a cheapskate, so use the minimum amount!

Thanks MD gonna get the foam!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Hmmm, I have never tried this stuff but I will have to give it a try. Has anyone ever used it on an antique? I have a winchester 1892 built in 1896, just wondering if it might be too harsh? Thank you for the information.

turbine1
Life Member of the NRA
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. 1. Jesus Christ 2. The American G.I "One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!" You might want to pass this on, as many seem to forget both of them!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Reloder28,

Why was the case still in the chamber when you went to the range? Hadn't you swabbed out the bore?

Well, it was actually the first fired case on that range trip that stuck. No, I did not swab out the chamber, bore yes. As a newcomer to the product I was unaware of the need. I definitely know now.

There are times when you don't know what you don't know.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Ah! Yeah, that could sure happen.

I have a friend who got a bunch of Dyna Bore Coat in the chamber of one of his rifles, and after it dried couldn't chamber rounds. I suggested twirling a 28-gauge bore brush inside the chamber, and luckily it worked....

John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Great tips!!
I have some 223 chamber things with built in O rings. I also purchased a chamber spray attachment for the Wipe out but spraying in from the chamber I always had some leak out before I got the plug in. I'll go from the bore and keep the muzzle down from now on!!

I previously used a fired case but leakage that "glued" the extractor (M700) in place where you couldn't close the bolt - from then on, the bolt face gets a scrubbin' with solvent.

Moe

"Pick out two!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've tried both wipe-out and patch -out. I prefer the patch-out. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just keep it away from the wood. It will RUIN the finish! That said, I wouldn't use anything else anymore.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Use plastic bore brushes

I hear this a lot but I have never seen any to buy. I have looked at several gun shops and all they have is copper/brass/bronze and maybe stainless steel. I figure on line but have never done any kind of search and would be leery because of thread size problems. I have a good one piece rod (and a lot of multiple piece) but I do not know the thread size. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sorry thought this was a Super Bowl thread

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
While the rest of the civilized world was tolerating the Super Bowl, I decided to disassemble & clean a long neglected 22 rimfire that I haven't fired in years due to a cracked stock.
Looking down the bore it looked a little fuzzy and the rifling was actually hard to define.
Soaked it down with Wipe-Out and let it soak for an hour, patched it out and the bore was bright and shiny again. I thought it can't be clean yet so I did another application and my patches came out clean.
I don't know how that stuff works, but it works good.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Someone said something about tubing, that is what I do, got a piece from the hardware about 12 Ins. long that fits the chamber tight.

Then I fasten two clamps to the edge of the work bench to keep the rifle from tipping over, stand the rifle muzzle down between the clamps and filler up with WO, leave the can attached to the tube for a minute or two till the pressure goes down, leave the tube in the chamber till its time to brush, nylon brush with a piece of paper towel, VIOLA!

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

And I was expecting The Surfaris.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ClaysEtc
Someone said something about tubing, that is what I do, got a piece from the hardware about 12 Ins. long that fits the chamber tight.

Then I fasten two clamps to the edge of the work bench to keep the rifle from tipping over, stand the rifle muzzle down between the clamps and filler up with WO, leave the can attached to the tube for a minute or two till the pressure goes down, leave the tube in the chamber till its time to brush, nylon brush with a piece of paper towel, VIOLA!

It would work better if the rifle was horizontal, don't have a can of it in front of me but it clearly states that in the instructions.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wipeout has been surpassed. Boretech elminator and Boretech copper remover work better and faster.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope...Eliminator's tits on a boar hog...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad

And I was expecting The Surfaris.
I have been wondering for several days if anyone else immediately thought of them!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by milespatton
Use plastic bore brushes

I hear this a lot but I have never seen any to buy. I have looked at several gun shops and all they have is copper/brass/bronze and maybe stainless steel. I figure on line but have never done any kind of search and would be leery because of thread size problems. I have a good one piece rod (and a lot of multiple piece) but I do not know the thread size. miles
You can order nylon brushes from the good folks at Montana-X-treme. They don't always have all the sizes in stock at one time, but I got everything I needed in two orders a few weeks apart.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Nope...Eliminator's tits on a boar hog...

Have you used BE?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes I have and it required significant elbow grease and numerous applications. I did a comparison with two rifles and the same amount of rounds down the tube and WO was much easier to apply and yielded better results.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can order nylon brushes from the good folks at Montana-X-treme.

Thank you Mudhen. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What do you guys use to plug the muzzle and chamber when using wipe out. I like the idea of standing it on the muzzle overnight. Thanks, 163bc

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 163bc
What do you guys use to plug the muzzle and chamber when using wipe out. I like the idea of standing it on the muzzle overnight. Thanks, 163bc

MD said he uses a fired case to mostly seal the chamber.

Moe

"Pick out two!"
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have not used WO, but when I use Kroil to soak a barrel I use cheap foam earplugs. They form to the bore and seal well. Just my .02

Last edited by turbine1; 02/05/14. Reason: typeo

turbine1
Life Member of the NRA
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. 1. Jesus Christ 2. The American G.I "One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!" You might want to pass this on, as many seem to forget both of them!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup, foam earplugs work great.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P

Now that's a darn good idea. Never thought of that!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by olblue

I'm having a heck of a time finding Wipe-Out, but I found a can of Gunslick foam. How do the two compare?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wipe-Out is actually very easy to use, with a little practice-
I drop the floorplate on my bolt actions, place a folded paper towel into the action area, and insert the Wipe-Out cannister with plastic tubing attached. A small squirt or two into the chamber end, just until foam begins to come out of the end of the barrel, is all you need. Leave the plastic tubing end in place for a few seconds, until the foam is done expanding.
Leave overnite, run a couple of patches thru. If still copper colored, do again. Then, a couple of patches with Hoppes Elite to clean things up, and a 28 ga. bore mop into the chamber to clean it as well.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It also works quite well.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
It also works quite well.

Thank you. Now to find some Dyna Bore Coat.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think it's as aggressive as Wipe Out but it comes in a larger can with an applicator nozzle. It works well enough I'll continue using both.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by olblue

I'm having a heck of a time finding Wipe-Out, but I found a can of Gunslick foam. How do the two compare?

P

It's available at Midway.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been using Wipe-Out for several years now. My method:
I use Butch's Bore Shine to clean out the carbon, then Wipe-Out Accelerator followed by Wipe-Out. I have found that foaming from the muzzle or using the supplied straw from the chamber will usually result in a mess, so I have started using these:
To start, you will need some 1/4" tubing and some 3/8" tubing which can be found a any home improvement store in the plumbing section. Cut the tubing to length. What works for me has been about 1-2" of the 3/8" and 6-8" of the 1/4". Now stick the 1/4"; into the short 3/8".
[Linked Image]
Second you will need to take a fired case and drill out the primer and primer pocket using a 1/4" bit. You will need to clamp the case in a vise, but be sure to grab the base area of the case. This will need to go all the way through the base of the case so the tubing will reach the neck of the case. Insert the tubing into the case and this is what you should have.
[Linked Image]
Attach your applicator to the bottle of Wipe-Out.
[Linked Image]
Now you should be able to get to work. Be sure to shake the Wipe-Out as it states in the directions. Insert the applicator into chamber from the ejection port. With a little forward pressure on the applicator I will fill the bore with the Wipe-Out while plugging the muzzle with a finger. Once the bore is filled, I will release the finger from the muzzle and wait until the foam is finished "expanding." This is when you can remove the applicator from the chamber. If done properly, there won't be a mess in the action and there will be little waste. I'd also suggest having a bucket or trash can under the muzzle to catch the waste. I would like to say I came up with this on my own, but I didn't. I picked it up from a Benchrest guy at my rifle club. Hopefully someone will find this helpful! I would also advise not using the kitchen counter for cleaning, this was done for pictures only. smile

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

NRA member

Mill Creek Rifle Club member
DeSoto, KS
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Engine22
I use Butch's Bore Shine to clean out the carbon, then Wipe-Out Accelerator followed by Wipe-Out. I have found that foaming from the muzzle or using the supplied straw from the chamber will usually result in a mess, so I have started using these:
To start, you will need some 1/4" tubing and some 3/8" tubing which can be found a any home improvement store in the plumbing section. Cut the tubing to length. What works for me has been about 1-2" of the 3/8" and 6-8" of the 1/4". Now stick the 1/4"; into the short 3/8".
[Linked Image]
Second you will need to take a fired case and drill out the primer and primer pocket using a 1/4" bit. You will need to clamp the case in a vise, but be sure to grab the base area of the case. This will need to go all the way through the base of the case so the tubing will reach the neck of the case. Insert the tubing into the case and this is what you should have.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Now you should be able to get to work. Be sure to shake the Wipe-Out as it states in the directions. Insert the applicator into chamber from the ejection port. With a little forward pressure on the applicator I will fill the bore with the Wipe-Out while plugging the muzzle with a finger. Once the bore is filled, I will release the finger from the muzzle and wait until the foam is finished "expanding." This is when you can remove the applicator from the chamber. If done properly, there won't be a mess in the action and there will be little waste. I'd also suggest having a bucket or trash can under the muzzle to catch the waste. I would like to say I came up with this on my own, but I didn't. I picked it up from a Benchrest guy at my rifle club. Hopefully someone will find this helpful! I would also advise not using the kitchen counter for cleaning, this was done for pictures only. smile

I do the same thing minus the fired case and the 1/4 tubing. Cut a piece of 3/8 tubing 8" long and attach one end to the can. Hold the other end in the chamber with a little force (it ends up in the shoulder portion of the chamber) and press on the nozzle enough to get the foam coming out the muzzle. once the foam has quit expanding remove the tube, wipe the foam off the muzzle and let it sit. No plugs no voodoo dolls etc.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks!

Molan Labe
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Opinions on the sister product Patch Out?

There's always hope as long as there's lead in the air.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Does Wipe-Out remove Dyna Bore Coat?

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No it does not.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Seuss,

Patch-Out works just like Wipe-Out as far as removing fouling. Just depends on which method of application you prefer.

John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Just shoot it through the muzzle, not the chamber. Stuff a shop towel in the breech.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Rube? Rube Goldberg? smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad I found this

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Sick
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bought my first can have yet to try it, cost me $20.99CDN
looking forward to trying it.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I used Wipe Out since it first came out. I got to thinking to much which is an unfortunate problem for me and decided I wasn't sweating so something was wrong. I switched to Montana Extreme because a friend that shoots competitively uses it. I noticed in the rifling of one of my favorite rifles what looked like rust. I am pretty rough on guns so I thought it was from neglect. It turned out to be copper. I thought Montana Extreme was supposed to be really aggressive but I guess not. I also use Accelerator with Wipeout but be careful. When I first started I would do it without gloves and my fingers would turn white. Now I am more careful. I am sure none of these chemicals are good for you when on your skin.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 3,035 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,264
Posts18,467,183
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.