Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Another problem is people not being bright enough to know who to ask for answers to their questions. If you have an action question, ask the folks that make the action, not the stock.

It's a common problem with Yankees.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 30338
So what do you think is the most common mistake or cause for dissatisfaction on customs?

1.) Listening to people that don't know what the [bleep] they're talking about. This can include the gunsmith.

2.) Not listening to people that do know what the [bleep] they're talking about. This can include the gunsmith.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shank length
Gearing for overall weight with no thoughts to balance
Throat/magazine disfunction
Too heavy of a contour

Excepting the balance problem, those have been my mistakes so far.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
So what do you think is the most common mistake or cause for dissatisfaction on customs?

1.) Listening to people that don't know what the [bleep] they're talking about. This can include the gunsmith.

2.) Not listening to people that do know what the [bleep] they're talking about. This can include the gunsmith.

Travis

^^^^^^^^

This.

My first custom is a pretty basic .223. I have a really good smith here and I basically told him to put together what HE would like in a utility rifle. He did and it remains as one of my very faves...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Another problem is people not being bright enough to know who to ask for answers to their questions. If you have an action question, ask the folks that make the action, not the stock.

It's a common problem with Yankees.

Dealing with people who hate Yankees because their wife/ex-wife is from Philly and she is deeply entrenched in left-wing democratic beliefs, then because of this, has a greater than thou attitude towards everyone that lives north of the Mason Dixon Line!!

PS - For the record, BAT was contacted..........wanna see the email between me and Daryle Thom??? In fact, send me your email address and I'll forward it to you!!!!!!

Contacting BAT was not the issue, getting a return call/email from McMillan was.....remember big boy??

Last edited by 300MAG; 02/04/14.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
No, her family KNOWS how to say thank you. I'm just grateful they don't get puzzy hurt so quickly.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I have had many customs made and for me the #1 thing is to choose the right gunsmith, the first few I had built I had the wrong one mad

#2 is to have your own reamer made, not been happy with the reamer specs on most of my customs with rented reamers or one the gunsmith had on hand.

#3 might just be me, but using a Pac-Nor 3 groove barrel led to dissatisfaction every time I bought one. buy a better brand of barrel and be sure of the twist you want.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, her family KNOWS how to say thank you. I'm just grateful they don't get puzzy hurt so quickly.

I did appreciate & still do appreciate your efforts/information, but obviously you don't think so??? You have to give someone the chance to say thank you, not jump his azz right off the bat (no pun intended)!!

Puzzy hurt.......not at all my man, just clarifying the record!! In fact who's puzzy hurt here and keeps re-hashing this BS after we kissed and made up??

Last edited by 300MAG; 02/04/14.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
This ain't even sporting. Trust me, you took my first post FAR too seriously.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This ain't even sporting. Trust me, you took my first post FAR too seriously.

We are all good....................I gotta laugh out of it!! In fact, I was expecting some type of post from you about that debacle waayyy before this one!!

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
no suggestion about mistakes. My advice for planning. I buy parts when I find deals. when I gather enough I get one done. Make no mistake if you ever resale you in for a loss

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
no suggestion about mistakes. My advice for planning. I buy parts when I find deals. when I gather enough I get one done. Make no mistake if you ever resale you in for a loss

I autograph mine before selling. I always come out ahead.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Originally Posted by slg888
Originally Posted by safariman
The threads in which I was accused of such, about as many folks have posted in my favor as against.
Bullsh*t.

Double bullsh*t safariman!!!!

As someone posted above.................liar, cheat, & an idiot!!

That about covers it....what comes around goes around.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Barrel selection is the beginning and end of a good rifle.

That being said, I have never understood why someone would spend all that money on a custom that basically duplicates a gun that could be bought at Walmart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not budgeting enough money.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

BINGO! We have a winner. The idea is to get a perfect gun so pay attention to those that have been there and done that. Most will tell you what they did wrong and what they did right. Lots of knowledge on here just for the asking. Why ask for advice and then totally ignore it?

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He makes Don look smart.

Sounds about right. Choose a POS action and let it tell you what it could possibly digest reliably, then wrap it in something unstable, but fun to massage warm oils into.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by RDFinn
He makes Don look smart.

Sounds about right. Choose a POS action and let it tell you what it could possibly digest reliably, then wrap it in something unstable, but fun to massage warm oils into.

Sounds like a girl I once knew

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
1. Weight. It's real easy for the weight to get out of control. Gunsmiths would always rather build them heavy because it's easier for them to make a heavy rifle that shoots.

2. Letting a gunsmith talk you into what he wants to do instead of what YOU want. I'm all for listening to and taking sound advice, but there comes a time when you've gotta just say "this is the way I want it, make it happen".

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Assuming the rifle will be worth what you have in it.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

333 members (10gaugemag, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 43 invisible), 2,760 guests, and 1,074 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,599
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.