Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I knew when I got my year-end statements that there was going to be a correction. I did that well in 2013.

BTDT. BFD. YMMV.

^^^^^

This�

Market had a 10% correction in 2011, and I think in 2012�though I might be wrong about that.

We are still 700 points from a full 10%

As soon as the chicken littles start running around screaming " The Sky is Falling"�you need to be buying.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
As soon as the chicken littles start running around screaming " The Sky is Falling"�you need to be buying.
This has historically been good advice. It's what the big shots do, and it's worked for them. Of course they are able to make themselves liquid in preparation for these nosedives in a way that most cannot.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
A 5% correction does not make a 1929.

Don't ruin the alarmists fun.

If things keep getting cheaper, keep buying, with the intentions to go long.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
$5.00 silver, sure, if we make it back to a growth rate of 6% on the GDP, but that's not going to happen under the current administration.

Or the next one either.

Not unless we agree to restructure our debt and abandon this appalling failure known as Neo-liberalism. How much tax revenue we spend on food stamps and welfare checks doesn't really matter in the big picture.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I knew when I got my year-end statements that there was going to be a correction. I did that well in 2013.

BTDT. BFD. YMMV.

I also did very well in 2013 !!! Posted on here in November 2013 asking if should take the $$$ and run. Which is what I did. smile

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by farmerfish
Should a person buy silver?

No brass, lead and powder.
Best 'market protection' one can buy.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If there is anything that research has shown time and time again, it's that no one, and I mean no one, can accurately predict the market.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by farmerfish
Should a person buy silver?

If by silver you mean a silver plated colt, then by all means yes laugh

Picking old guns which may go up in value in five years is a lot more fun than picking stocks. But it's just as hard to do.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by John_G
If there is anything that research has shown time and time again, it's that no one, and I mean no one, can accurately predict the market.

True dat.

If I could predict it, Id be posting from Aruba�..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Warren Buffet is worth $60 billion.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

On paper!

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Warren has been very good at picking stocks. Anyone have his phone #. Need to give him a call. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hotload

Warren has been very good at picking stocks. Anyone have his phone #. Need to give him a call. wink

Well ... Berkshire Hathaway also had a tuff January.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

He gets inside information.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Warren didn't predict the market, in terms of whether it was going to rise or fall. His strategy was to buy good companies and hang onto them, which is the complete opposite of the guy who tries to time the market, moving in and out of stocks to take advantage of the "next move."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Buffet can manipulate the market. Big difference.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

He gets inside information.

I believe that happens every day of the week. But it is illegal, just ask Martha Stewart about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe Mr. Buffet once said, "if the market is scared, I'm buying. If the market is buying, I'm scared."

"Da market, she go up, den da market, she go down. But in da long run, she gwine up. You jes got's ta live long enough and you be okay." - Jimmie "Spats" Washington

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Warren didn't predict the market, in terms of whether it was going to rise or fall. His strategy was to buy good companies and hang onto them, which is the complete opposite of the guy who tries to time the market, moving in and out of stocks to take advantage of the "next move."

Need to buy good companies and hang onto them. Also buying when the market is low and the price is cheap. However, I am not saying that is easy. If it was easy we would all be rich.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

686 members (160user, 10ring1, 16penny, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,891
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.