Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
HogWild Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Any experience with the Tactical scope in the Redfield Revolution line? Wanting a scope with turrets for my 22 LR to play with dialing elevation and holding wind on long 22 shots. The SWFA SS is the proven choice but it's heavy for a fairly light 22 rifle so I've been looking if there is another decent choice or just live with the weight.

If what I read is correct, the revolution line is the only Redfield scopes built in Oregon. The TAC model is 3-9 power and I like the reticle which is marked off with 2 MOA hashmarks which is consistent with the turret markings. I'll dial elevation and hold wind so the hash marks on the horizontal reticle should be handy.

I guess the question is.....will the scope hold up to frequent adjustments on the elevation turret and does it track well? It does have a lifetime warranty from Leupold but that doesn't mean it will hold up on a hard kicking 22 LR.

Thoughts? Alternative suggestions?

Here is the reticle:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by HogWild; 02/10/14.

HogWild
GB1

HogWild Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Not all at once <smile>. I'm guessing that few people have experience with this scope.

Hopefully everyone knows I'm joking about the hard kicking 22 LR.

I did call Redfield and they said the parallax on this scope is set at 150yds and that they won't adjust parallax settings on the Redfield line. So much of an issue is this? I guess none if you have a good cheek weld and consistent eye position. Thoughts? Thoughts about the reticle? Thoughts or experiences in general about the Redfield scopes or the Revolution line of Redfield scopes?

Was hoping to have the scope in hand to mount for the good weather predicted for this weekend.....but I have to make a decision quickly for that to happen. So wanting feedback on this scope or at least this brand since taken over by Leupold.

HogWild
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by HogWild
Any experience with the Tactical scope in the Redfield Revolution line? Wanting a scope with turrets for my 22 LR to play with dialing elevation and holding wind on long 22 shots. The SWFA SS is the proven choice but it's heavy for a fairly light 22 rifle so I've been looking if there is another decent choice or just live with the weight.

If what I read is correct, the revolution line is the only Redfield scopes built in Oregon. The TAC model is 3-9 power and I like the reticle which is marked off with 2 MOA hashmarks which is consistent with the turret markings. I'll dial elevation and hold wind so the hash marks on the horizontal reticle should be handy.

I guess the question is.....will the scope hold up to frequent adjustments on the elevation turret and does it track well? It does have a lifetime warranty from Leupold but that doesn't mean it will hold up on a hard kicking 22 LR.

Thoughts? Alternative suggestions?

Here is the reticle:

[Linked Image]

That reticle gives me a headache.Way to busy. sick

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hogwild,

You are correct about the Revolution line being the only ones made in the US. The Revenge lines are made in Asia. I have to agree that the reticle is a little busy for my liking. About the only reticle I like that Redfield has is the normal plex one. Good scopes though and a great warranty.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You do know they've also introduced the Battlezone TAC.22, correct? The parallax is set at 75 yards and the turret is calibrated for 22LR....

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B2

HogWild Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yes I seen that. It's 2-7 power though and smaller objective.

HogWild

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 66 invisible), 2,888 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.