Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
No, paper, one shot.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have some steel swingers but may need some help.
My work schedule can be messy in the summer so I may need a volunteer to run the steel up the hill.
I'll be up for Sunday for sure, Saturday maybe, Friday doubtful.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've got a set of three rimfire spinners I'll bring.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
What is the prarie dog shoot? Steel?

thanks.

PD shoot is simple - just like the inventor.

One shot from a COLD barrel with any firearm, any sight, any position - at a life-sized prairie dog on paper with a 1/2 inch dot on the chest. Closest to the center of dot wins.

Specific distance to be decided on-site according to available setup - but normally somewhere between 150 and 200 yards.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WyColoCowboy might want to know if he can put the dot on his prairie dog target after he shoots?

Clinging to my God, and my guns!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You mean to put an "eye on the dog?"

I'm your Huckleberry.

I'm thinking maybe you could offer up something off the anvil for the winner?

[Linked Image]

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'd still like to think I am coming. Never know with the wife's work schedule. Probably only come up and hang out on Saturday, and then drive home since I am not that far away.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
You mean to put an "eye on the dog?"

I'm your Huckleberry.

I'm thinking maybe you could offer up something off the anvil for the winner?

[Linked Image]

Sure!

Something like a bottle-opener/stake-turner set?
A forged camp knife if I can make the time?
Suggestions?

[Linked Image]

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm leaving on Friday and will be gone for a couple of weeks. It would be nice if we could lock some of this down.

I suggest that Friday evening's dinner should be barbeque pot luck. I can bring a small propane barbeque. Can anyone bring a big propane barbeque?

Who can bring mild and hot barbeque sauce?

How about biscuits & gravy & eggs for Saturday breakfast? I'll bring a bunch of biscuits and gravy. Kevin and/or I will be happy to fry any meat that people bring to share.

Who can bring eggs?(WyColoCowboy volunteered)

And maybe also we could setup that burrito buffet, same as last year, for dinner on Saturday? I'll bring all of the ground elk meat and I'll also bring a bunch of tortillas.

Who can bring tomatoes, lettuce, grated cheese, salsa? (Splash1SD volunteered)

Any suggestions and/or volunteers for breakfast on Sunday?

Who can bring chips, dips, salsa?

Who can bring coffee, cocoa, soft drinks?

CCCC will bring all the stuff to setup the prairie dog shoot like we had at Lake Roosevelt. But he wants to compete so we need a volunteer to run the game. There will also be some other games like metal spinners, gongs, etc.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
KC - am planning to come and def will bring some of the needed stuff. I will watch the list/replies and fill in as needed.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'll bring eggs, couple pounds of bacon, barbecue sauce, and then fill in from what I don't see posted.

[Linked Image]
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by KC
I'm leaving on Friday and will be gone for a couple of weeks. It would be nice if we could lock some of this down.

I suggest that Friday evening's dinner should be barbeque pot luck.
KC

Friday pot-luck sounds good.

So it sounds like there are plans being made for dinner on Friday....breakfast and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday. Izzat correct?

So how many hungry people per meal? Best guess......

FjLee Denver CO

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not much chance we will be having a fire ban.
I will bring some green coffee beans and camp-roast some coffee.
Just cause we are camping does not mean we can't be civilized!

I will put a pot of chilli or bean-dip on the 3-dogs stove. Also will bring filler when we know whats coming up.

What we figuring ? 30 or so?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It's tough to tell how many. I'll bring three. I've gotten some messages from people that can'e make it and many will just be up for a day.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thinking maybe a couple dozen baked-taters for Friday. I've got some garden chives and will bring some sour-cream, for Friday.

Not sure what the oven fits, it would be nice to go over so there are enough baked potatoes to shred for hash browns in the am.

Cooler space is something to keep in mind. We can make shade for the coolers, anyone can't think of anything else? Bring themselves and a bag of ice. Or just themselves!

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fjlee
So it sounds like there are plans being made for dinner on Friday....breakfast and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday. Izzat correct?

So how many hungry people per meal? Best guess......

FjLee:

I have suggested that we have a BBQ pot luck for dinner on Friday and I'll bring my small propane BBQ. But we still need a big BBQ if we're going to cook food for the multitudes.

I think we've got Saturday meals (breakfast & dinner) pretty well covered. Myself, WyColoCowboy, K_Salonek, and Splash1SD have that taken care of.

So far, no one has volunteered any suggestions for Sunday breakfast.

WyColoCowboy is keeping track of the list of attendees and his estimate of 30 people is probably about right, based upon attendance at previous similar events.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by K_Salonek
Thinking maybe a couple dozen baked-taters for Friday. I've got some garden chives and will bring some sour-cream, for Friday.

Not sure what the oven fits, it would be nice to go over so there are enough baked potatoes to shred for hash browns in the am.

Cooler space is something to keep in mind. We can make shade for the coolers, anyone can't think of anything else? Bring themselves and a bag of ice. Or just themselves!

Kevin:

I'll bring a 120 quart cooler with ice and a 12-pack. So there should be extra room.

Your oven is really neat but it will take several shifts to cook 30 baked potatoes. I'll bring a roll of aluminum foil and some margarine. We can bake potatoes in the coals of the campfire.

KC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like I'll be unable to attend. Hope all of you have a great meeting.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tracks
Looks like I'll be unable to attend. Hope all of you have a great meeting.

Too bad. Maybe next year.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F

Sounds like some good grub is gonna be put on the table!!

For the Friday potluck, I�ll bring some Dutch-oven beans flavored with �smoked critter�.

Also a bowl of homemade cranberry-jalapeno relish.

For the 2 breakfasts, I�ll bring some juice.

Most folks like to shuck & eat peanuts while sittin� around the campfire, so I�ll bring some roasted/salted in the shell peanuts.

My wife sez Ziplok bags are always needed for an affair like this, so we�ll bring some Ziplok�s for the leftovers.

FjLee Denver CO

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

359 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 30 invisible), 2,761 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.