Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Finally got my hands on an E35 yesterday. Guy purchased the bow about a week ago and brought it by for me to check out. Wanted to be sure it was tuned"close enough" so he wouldnt embarrass himself on the 3d course, while awaiting new threads. Yes, he is changing strings on a bow thats less than a month old. The Winners Choice strings are certainly not anything to write home about. Sloppy end loops. Loose serving. And the strings were dry and fuzzing pretty badly. Something you should not be seeing on new strings. Also the factory cable guard slide was chewing the cables up pretty bad. A Saunders Hyperglide will be installed with the new strings.
As for specs on the bow 65# limbs-67.1# actual peak weight. 29" mods-29.25" actual measured AMO DL. 400grn arrow at 304fps with a loaded string.
My first impressions of the bow....very solid backwall which is common on limb stop equipped bows. Very easy to time the cams-there are timing dots on the cams that make this part a breeze. The moveable cable guard rod makes things nice. Easy to set for vane clearance, and it takes some of the side tension off the cams. These bows have cam lean at full draw. But it doesnt effect arrow flight. These bows dont seem to mind at all. Did not do a bareshaft tune as we are awaiting the arrival of new strings to do "the works". Overall first impressions after having one in the shop were pretty good(yeah i shot one a couple times a while back but didnt give it the going over that this one got. More info and pics to follow once new strings show up.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Cool I'll stay "tuned". We are waiting for some to hit the PNW. I'm a Lefty. I may be waiting a while for a backwards 35

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Parts are starting to show up. Got loop matl, serving thread, peep, and kisser in. Strings are on order-Flo Grn with Blk pinstripe and black serving. Should look awesome on the black bow.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I'm leaning towards an Energy 32, had the chance to shoot the 32 and 35 over the weekend. The 35 is nice, but strikes me as more of a 3-D bow, the 32 had a better swing and feel for the stand.

If I pull the trigger, it's coming to you for the dial-in...can't say enough about the great work on the Z-7.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks. I didnt shoot the 32. Did shoot the 35. Good feeling bow. A dual purpose rig for sure. Im anxious to get the new threads in for the 35 and see what we get out of it. Elite put some really nice features just for the tuners on these bows. The timing dots on the cams and the adjustable cable guard rod. I strongly reccomend putting it in your new bow budget to replace the stock strings as soon as you can. The WC threads they putting on these bows are sloppy. Huge, sloppy end loops. Also seeing serving seperation. Certainly not impressed with them at all.

Custom Strings/Tuning
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW - can't believe Winners Choice is putting junk out into the market. They used to be some of the best strings available!!

280 - What strings do you use on your set-ups??

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I don't think the strings are junk, thinking more along the lines that they are reflective of a mass produced product that is very good for the average hunter, but maybe not the best for a "GREAT" shooter.

Kinda like the tires on new truck, they'll run for a while, but you are going to replace them sooner or later.

And yes, I'll plan on you replacing the strings and cables with the tune!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Greg, you are correct. The quality is a direct reflection of "mass production". Stuff gets out the door now, that in the past may have been rejected. Yes, the strings will run for a while. But when you look at the retail price for a set of WC strings, and you see what you get(or some of what they are letting out the door for that price), its not a good thing. And WC strings(now owned by Elite Archery), is supposed to be one of the big selling points of their bows.

300MAG, every string set I install is made by Strict9 Custom Strings of Sardinia, OH. I dont do Vapor Trail or WC or Mathews/Zebra/Barracuda or Octane or any other mass produced strings/cables. I simply cannot guarantee my work with respect to their strings because what they send out isnt a known quantity. With Strict9, I know what I'm getting with every set. And if an issue were to arise, i deal with one person.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Got word today that strings should be completed tomorrow. Awaiting the new speed sleeves from Ray Knight as well.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What are speed sleeves??

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
They serve the same purpose as the brass speed nocks. They slip over the string instead of being crimped to it. The sleeves also dampen vibration

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 300MAG
WOW - can't believe Winners Choice is putting junk out into the market. They used to be some of the best strings available!!

280 - What strings do you use on your set-ups??

My thoughts also - Winners Choice junk? I would like to hear what the folks from Winners Choice have to say about this.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AH64guy
I don't think the strings are junk, thinking more along the lines that they are reflective of a mass produced product that is very good for the average hunter, but maybe not the best for a "GREAT" shooter.

Kinda like the tires on new truck, they'll run for a while, but you are going to replace them sooner or later.

And yes, I'll plan on you replacing the strings and cables with the tune!

Are we not talking about a new bow here? I have had nothing but good luck with the Winners Choice bowstrings and cables I have used. Maybe I'm just not and do not know any "GREAT" shooters.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I'm not a great shooter, just average.

We will see how the WC on my bow look when I pick it up.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Should be interesting, would be a real shame if they are letting quality slip.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Centershot, the issues are real. There is no personal agenda on my part against WC. But when you charge high end prices, high end products are normally expected. The issues of serving seperation and peep rotation and sloppy overly large end loops with what looks like a half hearted attempt at serving the tag ends are not just isolated to one or two bows. They are becoming pretty common. And you dont have to be a world champion to appreciate a set of custom threads. They are priced under the "big name massed produced" strings and are of better quality. Lots of great builders out there. I did my research and Strict9 Custom Strings is who I chose to use for my shop.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My Winners Choice strings on my 2013 Elite Answer have been excellent. No peep rotation, servings are fine, working just as they should after thousands of shots. I don't know what the life expectancy is for a set of strings like that but mine look really good at this point.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Last set I put on my old Ultratec were Prolines from a guy on AT. Pretty decent strings. I have also owned several WC strings and always thought of them as very high quality. On my Charger I am still using the stock strings which have been of very good quality also. I put about 20 shots on them, timed it, tuned it, set the peep and have not messed with it again in a over a year now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
280 Being a guy that goes through a lot of string sets for his customers will see an overall range for a string makers abilities. when you have 15 guys sitting in a room doing the same job you will have 15 different sets every one is a little different . I thought octane was making a great set of strings when they first started and Jamie was heavily involved since I've seen some garbage come from there. when u install 10 sets a week and u get 10 non rotating peeps and specs are on the money u have a good string guy. id bet winner's choice isn't there now .

Think i need a bigger gun
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I also wonder IF there is a difference in the quality of the strings WC is building for the Elites vs their custom ordered string sets.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,376
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.