Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I plan on taking my family to New Orleans this spring for a long weekend. My plans are to fish at least one full day. The problem is there are five of us. (kids ages 6,10 and 13). I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an outfitter / guide that caters to families. We are not limited to stay in New Orleans since we'll being driving. Also, what is the best time (in the spring) for optimum fishing in that area?
Thanks

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
GB2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Look at louisianasportsman.com

"The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
PM me if you would care for the number of an excellent red fish and trout guy out of Port Sulfur, LA

fished with him several times and this guy rocks

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Have heard good things about the Hackberry Rod and Gun Club. Haven't fished with them but did try to buy a dog from the owner once. He has Golden Retrievers that point.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have the names and numbers of a couple guys who guide out of Delacroix right outside New Orleans. The numbers are at work. I have never fished with them. I got them as recommendations from a fellow I use to duck hunt with when I lived down there. I trust the guy. If you have not found anyone, or just want to try and call them, PM me. I should be able to get the contact info for you by tomorrow night if you are interested.

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Romo
Look at louisianasportsman.com

This and also try on tigerdroppings.com for some recommendations. We fish out of Hopedale, just south of NOLA.

Hackberry is great for ducks also, but its 4 hours away from NOLA.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
if you don't mind driving down to venice, there's any number of guides who I'm sure would be happy to accommodate you.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sammy Faulk, know him, good guy, had a write up in latest louisiana sportsman magazine. Man knows the area. He is about 2 hours west of NOLA.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Tejano
Have heard good things about the Hackberry Rod and Gun Club. Haven't fished with them but did try to buy a dog from the owner once. He has Golden Retrievers that point.

Hackberry is awesome but on the other side of the state.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hackberry isn't doin much good on the trout this year. No one is down there. We just got back from a week and a half fishing around hackberry and didn't catch one trout. Everyone is having a hard time finding trout. A few are being caught but not like usual. We caught a bunch of redfish though. Nothing real big.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That is not what their Monday Morning updates and photo's are saying.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like they did pretty good. One of my cousins is really into CCA down there and really good friends with a bunch of the Rod and Gun guides and I'm just going off what I was told they told him. Maybe things picked up in the last week or so. We had a little boat trouble too so we didn't get too far out into Big Lake.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It is one of my favorite places to fish. A bad day there is usually still fun. Sucks you didn't get into a lot of fish and had boat problems. Been there, done that, and got the t-shirt.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Boat size could be an issue especially with small kids.
Might pay to try to find somebody who uses a pontoon boat.
That would be better suited.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
216 members (358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023
<

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.