24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again.

There is not a LE agency (or community) I know of that would not benefit from cutting it's roster in half and giving the remaining employees a 50% raise.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

There is not a LE agency (or community) I know of that would not benefit from cutting it's roster in half and giving the remaining employees a 50% raise.

To bring about that change, you'll have to allow each remaining officer three votes in city and county elections.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Birdy, I am amazed you can not see where this was wrong. Those two cops make up a trumped up traffic ticket. They attempt to search his vehicle without his consent and then lied to him about what they were doing.

I didn't say what they did wasn't wrong, I just think in this case they were ignorant rather than malicious. Also, the saving grace is the Chief of Police handed over the whole dashcam vid, unadulterated.

I've been living in Texas since 1984, all that time obviously from somewhere else. During my East Texas years I actually made a point of wearing a NY Yankees cap all the time on account of it saved so much explaining grin

Me being me I've travelled all over the state at one time or another, just to see it. Been pulled over more'n a few times too, usually for speeding, often late at night in BFE, and for the first ten of those years mostly on a motorcycle.

I have no idea how constitutional everything went, I weren't paying attention. I never did get a request for a search or a search (only time that ever happened was late at night in rural Arizona, where the young Deputy took pains to explain we were loaded down in back, and he wanted to check the trunk for illegals). Weren't unusual too to get let off with a warning.

The funniest thing is how we still get profiled and pulled over by the Border Patrol on account of my wife looks Mexican as all get out grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570

To bring about that change, you'll have to allow each remaining officer three votes in city and county elections.

I know. That, and the fact that top cops tend to get paid more by how many officers they "manage" versus the product they produce.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Except that they'd cut the wrong half.

We should start a consulting company telling cities who to fire. Just cruise around Texas like Bob Phillips eating ice cream and doling out justice.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Except that they'd cut the wrong half.

We should start a consulting company telling cities who to fire. Just cruise around Texas like Bob Phillips eating ice cream and doling out justice.

They already exist, but Politicians will only accept the recommendations that fit their agenda. It always goes back to the same problem.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Forgot, that overnighter in Elk City was in '79, not '83.

Only matters on account of for the next five months I was a long haired New Yorker in an old beat-up station wagon actually LIVING IN MY CAR while travelling around in New Mexico doing day labor to keep myself in peanut butter and jelly while waiting to get into the Peace Corps.

During that time an average encounter with local LEO's went about like this: (2am, tapping on car window.) Cop "What are you doing in there?" Me (while proffering requested ID) "Sleeping." Cop "Oh, OK, sorry".

I figure most all Cops really are trying to protect and serve, and I got no problem cooperating with that aim to the best of my ability. If something goes to court, THEN we can start talking what is admissible and what ain't. But so far it has never come to that.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn, I never got handled that bady even by NY State Troopers when I wuz young and really really crazy.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Does attitude make a difference in how you are treated by a cop, or what he does when exercising his "officer discretion"?

You bet it does.

The main difference is that a good cop uses that discretion once he already has the goods on someone... He doesn't make up the charges.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is readily apparent that some members [ THIS IS DIRECTED TO NO ONE IN PARTICULAR ] have led a very sheltered life as far as encounters with LE.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
It is readily apparent that some members [ THIS IS DIRECTED TO NO ONE IN PARTICULAR ] have led a very sheltered life as far as encounters with LE.

grinI know ya wuzn't referring to me! grin My teencrazed years tallied up a slew od double ass-kickins. Once when the cops caught me, then a second when they brought me home to Dad. grin I was a crazed,mean smart ass and deserved every ass kickin' I got from both the cops and my Dad grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I like where the prosecutor admitted on tape that police officers routinely lie to justify abuse of power when there's no recording of their words going on.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
His problem was that he didn't adopt the demeanor of a slave in the presence of his masters. Fail to do that, and charges will be trumped up, and they'll use their "powers" to punish you for it, even if nothing sticks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The PAs comments reminded me of this line from a David Allan Coe song:

"She tried to tell me what was right and I told her what was real.."

I hope the Drama Queen who made the video presentation decides to avoid West Texas and goes through some small Oklahoma towns on his next trip to Taos.

I went before a State District Judge for sentencing in Chickasha one time and he conducted the whole affair while talking to his girlfriend on the phone!

"Hold on Honey, this idiot is trying to make me give him his guns back".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Another bad cop video? Really? And corrupt govt officials? What a shocker. Ho hum.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This video is going around to different sites. Read yesterday
on one site, can't find it to save my life, just a Tx hunting board, that the 2 Leo's and maybe the DA are no longer employees of this fair city.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
internet justice

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Wtxj
This video is going around to different sites. Read yesterday
on one site, can't find it to save my life, just a Tx hunting board, that the 2 Leo's and maybe the DA are no longer employees of this fair city.
Only because they were caught red handed, but that's at least something.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They just moved on to another small town.

But I do think the old boy was just looking for something to incite the locals. I also think the OP is not this guy. Will have to wait for OP to reply to that.
You get stopped in Tx. your going to be asked for your ID.
The Leo's stop for a welfare check on the side of the road, they are going to ask for an ID.
They will run you thru the system. Get lots of peoples with warrants that way.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wtxj
They just moved on to another small town.

But I do think the old boy was just looking for something to incite the locals. I also think the OP is not this guy. Will have to wait for OP to reply to that.
You get stopped in Tx. your going to be asked for your ID.
The Leo's stop for a welfare check on the side of the road, they are going to ask for an ID.
They will run you thru the system. Get lots of peoples with warrants that way.

It is just as plain as can be that this guy set those cops up. I'm sure that he could have chosen another route instead of choosing to go thru Electra just to stir up trouble. They should have ransacked his car, had it towed, and forced his wife to spend the night on the street while they threw this trouble maker in the can for a few days so they would have time to really check him out. She even could have had to do some time for loitering. And that chief was stupid for telling the truth about how things are done around there.

Bet this guy had been planning this trap for a long time. He had to know when the cops would be out of the coffee shop patrolling in the area he picked. They should have never let him go!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
151 members (257 mag, 44mc, 163bc, 338reddog, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 542 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,241
Posts18,371,462
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.