Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Yeah!!! F!!! his constitutional rights!! SMFH!! I sincerely pray that you are on the receiving end of some of "back country" justice!

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Electra Texas , population 2769.

Those cops were probably bored.

Mike
guy was damn lucky neither of the cops felt in danger. He would have been "dead right" then.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj
They just moved on to another small town.

But I do think the old boy was just looking for something to incite the locals. I also think the OP is not this guy. Will have to wait for OP to reply to that.
You get stopped in Tx. your going to be asked for your ID.
The Leo's stop for a welfare check on the side of the road, they are going to ask for an ID.
They will run you thru the system. Get lots of peoples with warrants that way.

If you have a CHL and are carrying, you are required to offer it to any LEO that asks who you are, whether he formally asks for an ID, or not.

Mr. Drama Queen obviously is not a CHL holder.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They should at least let him "ride the taser."

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
What's sad as evidenced by some of the replies to this is how some are willing to give up "Rights" but cling to others. The Patriot Act is the big game changer and most here support it whole heartedly. The most the cops should've asked was "Can we help you in any way?" They could've ran the plates and seen if it was "wanted". To treat peeps like they're the next Timmy McNeigh is troubling.
I'm sure if the Keystone Cops went farther in their harassment they'd be able to get some more trumped up charges added. The illegal search was a tip off that you had a couple of bored bum phicks on a fishing trip.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doing a little research it looks like the Chief has been fired and a couple of officers let go. Several dispatchers have walked off their jobs as well. I would like to see this video go viral. Was the guys being a jackass?? Sure. But he still has his constitutional given rights. The law applies to both civilians and officers. Officers such as these two will cause people to believe all cops are like that and I know for a fact they are not.

Start giving up ANY of your rights and you will eventually lose them all.

Jim

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I also think the OP is not this guy. Will have to wait for OP to reply to that.

Nope, not me. I found it on a DFW Mustang forum.

If I were on the side of the road I'd appreciate the cops pulling over to check on me up to the point that I said "I'm fine, I'm just switching drivers". At that point I expect the cops to move on and if one were to distract me while the other one started poking around in my truck I'd blow a gasket.

What happened in that courtroom was the worst side of Texas "justice" that has ever been portrayed by Hollywood. Eff that judge and city attorney, they should both be hung from a tree and left to rot. Those two cops should get a job at Tractor Supply slinging feed-sacks, 'cause that's all they're good for.

The Electra website still shows city attorney Todd Greenwood and Associate Judge (beneath Presiding Judge Bruce Harris) Dianne Gribble as of this Sunday morning.

The man makes the badge, the badge doesn't make the man.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Apparition
Yeah!!! F!!! his constitutional rights!! SMFH!! I sincerely pray that you are on the receiving end of some of "back country" justice!

I understand that sarcasm is kinda hard to detect with the written word sometimes....But that was what he was using.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Officers such as these two will cause people to believe all cops are like that and I know for a fact they are not.
If you mean to imply that this sort of thing is very rare as a percentage of cops, whoever it was that was speaking to the defendant near the end (not sure, but either the police chief or the prosecutor) seemed to disagree with you. He was saying it straight and speaking of the norm, not the exception.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He was saying that he perceives it to be the norm IN FAR WEST TEXAS. The attorney seemed to indicate that cops are more respectful of the Constitution in large cities like the DFW area.

Since there are more cops in populated areas than in the sparsely populated regions of far west Texas, the logical conclusion is that the attorney actually believes the majority of cops abide by the Constitution. He confined the abusers o the law to the few in west Texas.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The pool of available police candidates is larger in areas like DFW, and cities can have higher standards of recruitment.

Example: Arlington, Texas - Must have a Bachelor�s Degree from an accredited college or university. Upon entry to Academy they receive $4128/mo, after 4.5 years they receive $5530/mo, generous benefits/etc; sgts/officers do even better.

http://www.arlingtonpd.org/recruiting_SALARY.html

All of this doesn't mean that every officer will not make mistakes, but hopefully they're hiring the best available and don't have to settle for questionable characters. This works in the citizens favor, hopefully.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. Arlington isn't even at the top of the list in benefits either. When you pay well you can afford to fire people because you've got a knee high stack of applications waiting for the job.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well....... let me study a minute or two about where I've been really hassled or whupped up on by cops :

Oakley Kansas..... yep.

Shamrock Tx........ yep

Banning Ca............... double yep.

Lake Worth, Tx........ yep.[ suburb of Ft Worth]

Chickasha Ok........... yep.

Jacksboro Tx........... nope

Graham Tx............... nope

Archer City Tx.......... nope

Those are just some places where I went to jail. Let's see if we can detect a pattern here......

Well..... I'll be damned. Looks like all them "nope" locations just happened to be within one County of where I lived at the time.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I also think the OP is not this guy. Will have to wait for OP to reply to that.

Nope, not me. I found it on a DFW Mustang forum.

If I were on the side of the road I'd appreciate the cops pulling over to check on me up to the point that I said "I'm fine, I'm just switching drivers". At that point I expect the cops to move on and if one were to distract me while the other one started poking around in my truck I'd blow a gasket.

What happened in that courtroom was the worst side of Texas "justice" that has ever been portrayed by Hollywood. Eff that judge and city attorney, they should both be hung from a tree and left to rot. Those two cops should get a job at Tractor Supply slinging feed-sacks, 'cause that's all they're good for.

The Electra website still shows city attorney Todd Greenwood and Associate Judge (beneath Presiding Judge Bruce Harris) Dianne Gribble as of this Sunday morning.

The man makes the badge, the badge doesn't make the man.

I didn't think it was you, but we had to know.
Maybe the other three are elected.
Last time I was pulled over on I-20 by the DPS, I just sat in my car and had the DPS officer signaled me to get out and come to the back of the car. He knew all about me before I got there.
Someone and me were exchanging Italian waves, cause he blocked the hwy for about 10 mins by running right beside and 18 wheeler and would not just pass. I had quite a line behind me.
He said what's going on. I said I was trying to get his car tag so I could call you guys. He beat me too it, so the DPS guy knew my life history before I got to his area, he was waiting for sure. He said do you know what kind of crazy people are out on the road. Just try to stay away from people like that. He never asked for ID, I didn't offer my CHL. Glad he didn't say or ask anything about any weapons on board. He just said drive safely.
I waved to the guy (BG in the white Chevy PU) as I passed him down the road as he was off the road waiting for the DPS to see what the results were going to be. cool

Last edited by Wtxj; 02/16/14.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
He was saying that he perceives it to be the norm IN FAR WEST TEXAS. The attorney seemed to indicate that cops are more respectful of the Constitution in large cities like the DFW area.

Since there are more cops in populated areas than in the sparsely populated regions of far west Texas, the logical conclusion is that the attorney actually believes the majority of cops abide by the Constitution. He confined the abusers o the law to the few in west Texas.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I have personally known many, many, many officers in my time and have got to say I have only known a few to be the bad guys. There are bad apples in every profession. Most are helpful men and women just doing a job.

Hawkeye,

Would appreciate your not paraphrasing me. I said what I meant nothing more and nothing less. Nothing to read in it.

Jim

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by texasbatman

Hawkeye,

Would appreciate your not paraphrasing me. I said what I meant nothing more and nothing less. Nothing to read in it.

Jim
I was disagreeing with you, not paraphrasing.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
"The scope of what you can and can't do on a traffic stop isn't all that broad. I would expect someone who is a professional to be aware of what would cost their employer money. Instead when the f-u-c-k ups happen there is fingerpointing. You can see it in the recording and even in this thread, if the guy questions these two keystone cops then he doesn't have any "respect" for them. As if he owes them respect for signing up to get a paycheck in that one horse town. He owes them nothing, in fact, they owe him an explanation as to why they are even questioning him, this is a free country.

The fact of the matter is that the entire situation could have been resolved with just a little courtesy. "I'm sorry sir, you are correct, you don't have to show us your ID since you weren't driving, we just stopped to make sure you and your wife are ok". Instead those two morons had to embark on the usual bigger dick contest."

"It's 287 west of Wichita Falls. Late at night, there is minimal traffic.
I'm generally just tired of cops. Especially the f-u-c-k-s that think they are special because they have a sch!tty piece of polished metal on their chest."

Last edited by gonehuntin; 02/17/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have to exit US 287 to go thru Electra.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Wasn't a couple of sheriff's that did the two in the pink, one in the stink illegal crotch search from Texas? I wouldn't think the County would be classified as small town podink.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm generally just tired of cops.

Where I live and work I'm glad to see them, it'd be chaos without them, and I generally have occasion to talk with them a couple of times a year about some school/student-related incident or other. Our school Cops and administrators have occasion to talk to them most every day.

One thing I appreciate is that THEY appreciate teachers, leastways in my specific locality. I've been let off with a warning on traffic offenses two or three times over the years on that account.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
276 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 338Rules, 308Palma, 41 invisible), 1,729 guests, and 837 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,236
Posts18,371,369
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.