24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wasn't a couple of sheriff's that did the two in the pink, one in the stink illegal crotch search from Texas?

That was DPS, the State Cops, and yes that was an egregious violation.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Wasn't a couple of sheriff's that did the two in the pink, one in the stink illegal crotch search from Texas? I wouldn't think the County would be classified as small town podink.

Texas has 254 Counties. The quality of deputies varies greatly, as does the quality of Sheriffs. My County has 3 deputies, one who is my next door neighbor.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Wasn't a couple of sheriff's that did the two in the pink, one in the stink illegal crotch search from Texas? I wouldn't think the County would be classified as small town podink.

Texas has 254 Counties. The quality of deputies varies greatly, as does the quality of Sheriffs. My County has 3 deputies, one who is my next door neighbor.

True statement.

Some are "peace officers", some are "law enforcement officers", and they ALL are politicians.

Back to the video and what the PA said about cops out in West Texas... He is wrong. You get the same mix, no matter where you are in Texas. Good and bad.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...and they range from Loving County (pop. 71) to Harris County (pop. 4.2 million).

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I'm generally just tired of cops.

Where I live and work I'm glad to see them, it'd be chaos without them, and I generally have occasion to talk with them a couple of times a year about some school/student-related incident or other. Our school Cops and administrators have occasion to talk to them most every day.

One thing I appreciate is that THEY appreciate teachers, leastways in my specific locality. I've been let off with a warning on traffic offenses two or three times over the years on that account.

Birdwatcher

Yeah, all .gov employees seem to support each other. smile

Last edited by Mannlicher; 02/17/14.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by texasbatman

Hawkeye,

Would appreciate your not paraphrasing me. I said what I meant nothing more and nothing less. Nothing to read in it.

Jim
I was disagreeing with you, not paraphrasing.

Well that's OK. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
goodness sakes, I have been pulled over by police probably more times than all the posters here put together. in my 25+ years of driving I bet I have been stopped probably about 60+ times. most of which was in small texas towns probably not much different than electra. I have been there BTW. never have I had that much issue with law enforcement. I have also been stopped in utah, NM, wyoming and nevada, and of course texas where I grew up. still no problems with law enforcement. never have I been asked to get out of the car or even have my car searched.

I do, do a couple simple things lately which if it has to do with speeding might just get me off from a ticket. if its dark I turn on the dome light so the officer can see in the car. I am careful where my hands are in particular when the officer walks up to the car. often times I put them out the window so they can see them. I see nothing wrong with showing a little respect for law enforcement. thats not giving up my rights its just doing the right thing. I must be doing something right because I have never had that problem. from the looks of it, had those guys in electra stopped me that night, I would have showed them ID told them what was going on and been on my way. The part I am concerned with is the officer looking the car though.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My County has 3 deputies, one who is my next door neighbor.

So ya don't gotta go very far to get beat any more grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Electra Texas , population 2769.

Those cops were probably bored.

Mike

Times are hard cops are just trying to raise revenue regardless if it's legal. So in cases like this look to GFY at your expense.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
339 members (320090T, 12344mag, 303savage, 160user, 300jimmy, 257 mag, 41 invisible), 1,478 guests, and 658 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,241
Posts18,371,529
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.