Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Let's hope. Better than Hollywood or Wall Street.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ted Cruz's Best Idea Yet: Reform Taxes And Abolish IRS
28 Comments

Tax Reform: Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2016, might have hit on the most important fiscal issue facing the U.S.: the need for major tax reform. But he takes it a step further.

Speaking Monday, the senator from Texas threw another thunderbolt: Republicans should use their control of Congress to get rid of the Internal Revenue Service.

"We need to pass fundamental tax reform making our tax code simpler, flatter, fairer," he told a crowd at a Heritage Foundation event. "And I'll tell you, the single most important tax reform, we should abolish the IRS."

It's not as radical as it sounds.

In recent years, the IRS has become overtly political, or "weaponized," as Cruz puts it. The IRS scandal, in which it "slow-walked" applications by Tea Party and other conservative groups to deny them nontax status during the 2012 presidential race, is but one example.

Its 110,000-person workforce has become a silent army working on behalf of progressive causes.

That, in itself, is bad enough. But as the Americans for Tax Reform point out in a recent blog post on their website, unless his agency gets more money, "IRS Commissioner John Koskinen has threatened delayed refunds, long call-wait times, the specter of identity theft, and now, no-show days for IRS employees."

In short, it's a dysfunctional agency that's lost its way.

The easiest way to get rid of the IRS, as Cruz suggests, is fundamental tax reform. But there are many other great reasons for reforming the code.

For one, the U.S. tax code has become so unfair, so complex, so burdensome and so costly that we have nothing to lose by changing it radically.

In a report to Congress in 2013, National Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson told Congress that America's tax code now runs to well over 70,000 pages, with more than 30 million words � about 38 times larger than the King James Bible.

Individual taxpayers and businesses spend 6.1 billion hours each year filling out their taxes and complying with its laws � the equivalent of three million full-time employees working for a year.

Since 2001, there have been nearly 5,000 changes in the tax code � about one a day. No individual can keep up with it all. And all that complexity isn't free: It costs us $170 billion annually to fill out our taxes. Enough.

We've said before: we support a flatter, fairer tax, with lower taxes for all, paid for by spending cuts � not new taxes like the recent "bipartisan" gasoline tax hike.

Even basic tax reform, say economists, would be a winner. Just this week, a new study by the National Association of Manufacturers estimated that if tax reform were passed, over 10 years "the economy would grow by more than $12 trillion relative to Congressional Budget Office projections, investment would increase by more than $3.3 trillion and the economy would add 6.5 million jobs." Other studies find similarly large gains.

Today, our tax code resembles more a Rube Goldberg device than an efficient system for raising money to fund the necessary operations of our government. By all means, we should reform it. And while we're at it, as Cruz suggests, why not get rid of the IRS?

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-edito...-by-getting-rid-of-irs.htm#ixzz3OzengQtd
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I sure like the sound of that !

Ted I can vote for and not hold my nose.

Last edited by ol_mike; 01/16/15.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Great idea, but not exactly a new idea.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Great idea, but not exactly a new idea.

You're right, but if Cruz has shown nothing else...he does what he says he is going to do.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
If the Republicans would actually get behind this, it might actually get done given the recent scandals and the continuing debacle of Obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
If the Republicans would actually get behind this, it might actually get done given the recent scandals and the continuing debacle of Obamacare.

The Establishment has way too much invested in "How to use the tax code for your benefit" to allow it to go away.

All they want is for the Corporate rate to be lowered.

They can BUY all the other changes they need.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
We should also start a Daily Dose Of Reality, thread.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So... IN REALITY...... the big banks and Wall St. are both hossin' for the flat tax?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Cruz hires former Gingrich aide as political operation builds

HOUSTON — The political operation of potential 2016 presidential candidate Ted Cruz continued to beef up Monday as a top aide to former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich signed onto the senator’s team.

Rick Tyler, Gingrich’s longtime spokesman who served as a top strategist to a super PAC that supported Gingrich’s 2012 presidential campaign, will join Cruz’s campaign-in-waiting to serve as a senior communications adviser.

“I am honored to come on board with Sen. Cruz and join the effort to make D.C. listen to the American people,” Tyler said in a statement. “I believe he will emerge as the conservative leader of the next generation because he understands that it is not ‘we the bureaucrats,’ but ‘we the people’ who make this nation exceptional.”

Tyler is the latest addition to the slowly-building political shop that would serve as the backbone of a likely Houston-based presidential campaign. Last fall, Cruz hired three other strategists to join the existing team that masterminded his 2012 upset victory over David Dewhurst: Jeff Roe, a Kansas-City based direct-mail strategist expected to play a top organizational role; Jason Miller, a communications adviser; and Laura Lofstrom, a national fundraising consultant.

Cruz has not yet announced aides who will advise him in the key early-primary states, but he has visited those states early and often ever since winning election to the Senate. Last month, Cruz spoke at gatherings in South Carolina and Iowa, and he will return to the Iowa and New Hampshire next month.

Later this month, on Feb. 20., Cruz will headline a GOP fundraising dinner in Florida.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Shame on you! And they holler at me for all my Palin posts...
You are coming up on your first year anniversary.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Might as well shoot for the moon. What they gonna do...make me were a tee shirt? laugh

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Might as well shoot for the moon. What they gonna do...make me were a tee shirt? laugh

I found your T-shirt...

The Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) is just over two weeks away. Senator Ted Cruz speaks on February 26th, and he wants you to join him there!
If you sign up to attend CPAC with Sen. Cruz today, you will have access to discounted tickets and hotel rooms, a free #CruzCrew t-shirt and a photo line with Sen. Cruz.  o don't wait -- sign up today and stay tuned for other exciting opportunities!

Student Ticket: $25 (Save $55)
Single Day Ticket: $62.50 (Save $62.50)

Please join Sen. Ted Cruz and thousands of other conservative activists, leading conservative organizations, educational institutions, elected officials, thought leaders and conservative media from across the country at CPAC. We hope to see you there!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It will match my bumper sticker. You writing off Ted because Bob's betting against him?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It will match my bumper sticker. You writing off Ted because Bob's betting against him?

No I am not writing off Ted.
But
It is just not fair that you have this long thread and a bumper sticker and now a Ted T-shirt.

I'm a gonna make good on my threat to start Your Daily Dose of Sarah.
Perfect timing as today is her birthday.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No problem. There are several good candidates out there. I just like Ted best and have sworn to do what little I can to educate people about him. I have no misconceptions about his chances of being POTUS, but I want everybody to know that his biggest disadvantage in Washington is honesty.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
No problem. There are several good candidates out there. I just like Ted best and have sworn to do what little I can to educate people about him. I have no misconceptions about his chances of being POTUS, but I want everybody to know that his biggest disadvantage in Washington is honesty.

+1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
2/14/15
Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) urged members of the public not to believe promises of “if you like your Internet, you can keep your Internet” in a speech on Thursday.

Cruz declared “don’t mess with the Internet.” And asked “which has greater innovation, the United States Post Office or Facebook and Twitter? Which has greater innovation, taxi commissions in local cities or Lyft and Uber? Every time you put unelected bureaucrats in charge of a market, they stifle innovation and what they also do is they favor the big boys. If you think for a minute that the FCC is going to listen to small start-ups, than you’re ignoring the history of every other instance of regulation.”

He continued, “If the FCC turns the Internet into a regulated public utility, the innovation, the creativity that has characterized the Internet from its dawn, will inevitably be stifled. Now Title II by the way, gives all sorts of authority to regulate pricing and terms of service, and one of the implications if the Internet is regulated under Title II is 11 billion dollars a year in new taxes…I would encourage each of you, do not accept the promise of Washington politicians who are telling all of us, ‘if you like your Internet, you can keep your Internet.’ That promise cannot be trusted, and I hope that we all stand together defending freedom on the Internet in every respect.”

Cruz also added “here’s where the FCC says, ‘no don’t worry, we won’t collect those taxes, we’re going to exercise forbearance,’ I don’t know if you’ve heard the ancient fable about the frog who gives the scorpion a ride across the river, and half way across the river the scorpion stabs the frog and they both sink under the water and as they’re going under, the frog says, ‘why, now we both will die’, and the scorpion tells the frog, ‘because it is my nature.’ I promise you, it is the nature of the government regulators, if they have it, they will use it, 100 percent of the time, it will grow, the taxes will come.”
(h/t The Right Scoop)

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Is it any wonder why Washington hates him?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
2/17/15 Sen. Ted Cruz has hailed a court ruling that slams the brakes on President Barack Obama's immigration actions, calling it a "turning point" in the GOP's fight against amnesty.

In an interview with conservative radio host Mark Levin on Tuesday, the Texas Republican noted the "major victory for the rule of law" also could call into question the constitutionality of the immigration actions.

"The president has put Senate Democrats in an impossible position politically," Cruz pointed out, according to The Hill, setting them up "to force implementation of conduct by the president that the federal court has concluded is illegal."

"I think that appeal will work its way through the system," Cruz told Levin, according to The Hill. "In the Senate, it will come down to the Democrats and [whether they are] willing to blink."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/te...ling/2015/02/17/id/625364/#ixzz3S6s3yWmd
Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 37 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.