-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sent a box of 6 scopes to Leupold this winter and they were all returned within 3 weeks, in perfect condition. Damn good CS from my point of view.

Steve

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kenneth
15 days?

You been in a coma?

15 days, gimme a break.

Just going off my past experience with them smart azz! I have never had a scope sit with them for more than 2 weeks without being touched, that's why I asked......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
I remember when I could send them a scope and they would repair,add turrets, whatever and I would have the scope back in less than 2 weeks from the day I shipped it, and that was from Alaska. They have had my scope in their possession for 15 days and still can't give me a status of the repair. Is this the new norm for them?

The wait times on warranty work are longer than they used to be. Matter of fact, I sent in a scope for some warranty work and another for some Custom Shop work at the same time. The Custom Shop order came back to me at least a week or two sooner than the warranty work. I think they're hammered right now.

It's not just Leupold either. I called Smith and Wesson earlier this week and they said if I sent anything in to the Performance Center, turnaround would be about a year. [bleep] blows.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Travis, that's what I was wondering. I can only imagine that their jump into the tactical world has added a lot of business for them too. That plus the added redfield line has to make them busier too. They've sure added a lot of stuff to their line up in that last 3-4 years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S&W told me the same thing. I used Alex Hamilton and had my smith back in 2 weeks! S&W could not have done the work better.

I understand Leupold now employes over 700 Americans building optics. That's a company to respect and patronize

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Thanks Travis, that's what I was wondering. I can only imagine that their jump into the tactical world has added a lot of business for them too. That plus the added redfield line has to make them busier too. They've sure added a lot of stuff to their line up in that last 3-4 years.

It's everybody. McMillan, Smith, Colt, Leupold. That school shooting caused such a scare everybody and their [bleep] brother became interested in guns overnight.

Everybody always says we should promote our sports. I say [bleep] that, I want the range and the mountain to myself. grin

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JJHACK
S&W told me the same thing. I used Alex Hamilton and had my smith back in 2 weeks! S&W could not have done the work better.

I understand Leupold now employes over 700 Americans building optics. That's a company to respect and patronize

Don't get me going on Alex...

I won't be sending him anything again any time soon.

Travis

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JJHACK

Don't get me going on Alex...

I won't be sending him anything again any time soon.

Travis

+1...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
spj Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Been waiting 7 months now on a guides order from Leupold. About ready to get my money back.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
What did you order spj?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

S
spj Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
1 scope, 1 rangefinder, some rings and scope covers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sent a scope to Leupold on 01/31. They e-mailed me a notice on 02/04 of receipt and estimated turnaround of 18 business days.

Got the scope back this morning.

In my experience, their CS is very good. However, it's their initial QC that I've been disappointed with as of late.

S
spj Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Don't want to sound too sour but was hoping to have it for a hunt in November...

Last edited by spj; 02/28/14.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What's a "guides order?"

Travis

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by spj
Been waiting 7 months now on a guides order from Leupold. About ready to get my money back.

Are you talking about a pro deal? As I recall, the Leupold pro deal wasn't that great of a discount.

S
spj Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Deflave, the yhave a program that allows guides and a few other professions to buy direct a couple scopes/ range finders/ spotters a year. Not my place to quote how much but I guess I'll add its a good enough deal I haven't asked for $ back yet!

S
spj Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Also add sent in a scope for TMR and CDS retro and it was around 5 weeks, no problem with that turnaround for the work.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Roger that.

Travis

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
After the turrent change it will be ready for kudo hunting.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cub,

What did C/S tell you about the status? Did you call and talk to a tech or just C/S? At certain times the C/S people are not able to contact the techs who have the current status. If there are unresolved or complex issues there might be an update in the computer system that C/S can reference.

Repairs and custom shop times vary during the year with no rhyme or reason. As you'd expect, wait times are longer just before hunting season. I drop off optics at the Leupold facility in Beavertown year 'round. Sometimes they are super fast, other times they are super slow. I wouldn't overthink it or draw any firm conclusions based on a couple delayed repairs.

Jason

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,310
Posts18,468,202
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.