Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I remember when I could send them a scope and they would repair,add turrets, whatever and I would have the scope back in less than 2 weeks from the day I shipped it, and that was from Alaska. They have had my scope in their possession for 15 days and still can't give me a status of the repair. Is this the new norm for them?

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It might not be that the CS has gone down, they might just be busy right now.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
I remember when I could send them a scope and they would repair,add turrets, whatever and I would have the scope back in less than 2 weeks from the day I shipped it, and that was from Alaska. They have had my scope in their possession for 15 days and still can't give me a status of the repair. Is this the new norm for them?

The wait time is variable. It seems like in winter they are slow....maybe everybody just got around to sending in the scopes that crapped out during hunting season, or waited until winter to get a new reticle in their varmint scope. It also seems like the wait increased after the CDS turret came out and more people were ordering custom turrets. I know the hold time on the phone sure went up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was no other direction for them to go! They set the standard

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I guess when you are used to a certain level of service, and you get something different it's a bit suprising. When I sent it off I figured I'd have it back in a couple weeks not a month or more. Chit it took two weeks just to get an MOA dial, the last time I called and ordered one I had it in like 3-4 days. They must be busy doing something this winter.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had 2 get M1 turrets last month and total turn time from Colorado was less than 3 weeks. Seemed pretty decent to me. Need to get another boxed up.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes, they are busy.

What is the going rate to add M1 turrents? I'm thinking about adding to two 2.5-8x's.

Thanks

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
WTF is a turrent?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's like a really hard rain, you know "turrential" downpour grin

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are one of the fastest in the industry. They make a great product, doing their best to get one in everyone hands. A lot of people send in their scopes this time of year for clean up or fix something so they are not waiting until the last minute before hunting season. Swarovski is 6 to 7 weeks out right now.
It's worth a little wait...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

Don't like that, oughta try Zeiss times...... I dread sending in 2 scopes and better get to it if I want em back by this fall...

I"m used to waiting on things, the best usually take time, so I"M a bit opposite, suprised when things happen fast and usually suspicious.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TDD, 2 cost me $179 and change for roundtrip including freight.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
thanks for the info. I need spell check or maybe I need to turn off spell check.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I'm one of those who tends to send Leupolds in for fixing or changes in winter, because I've got enough other scopes to keep on shooting. This winter I sent in five, and got 'em back in three weeks.

I suspect reticle and "turrent" changes are taking up more of their time, but how many million Leupolds are out there now?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
John...that brings up a question, with amount of shooting you have to do...Have you ever "wore out" a scope? Glass loose, adjustments gone, etc....

Last edited by rifle; 02/26/14.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Not glass loose very often, though it has happened, and a couple of times the objective bell itself unscrewed.

Have had too many scopes, of a bunch of makes, go belly-up in various ways to keep count. Often they do it in the first 40-50 rounds, but they will wear out after a few hundred rounds too.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I hope not. My LGS has about 20 that he still needs to send off to Beaverton. Been a busy month I guess.... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
15 days?

You been in a coma?

Try to find ammo, reloading components, Best of luck there.

Mcmillan stock, In 6 months hopefully,

order a barrel, 6 months to a year,

Gunsmiths, not even taking new work.......

15 days, gimme a break.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just sent one in for a turrent, hope it doesn't take more than 16 days or I might go nuts. smile

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Leupold and Burris have outstanding customer service. I like being able to send scopes in to add turrets or change the the reticle to something I prefer.I have sent both of them so many scopes to upgrade I get X-MAS cards from them.
TEXMAG

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,247
Posts18,466,921
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.