Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Coated rod or stainless? Which cleaning solvent? Do you use a bore guide? Brass bore brush? Any particular brand? Protective finish? Oil preference?

Just interested in other's methods.

Montana extreme rod
" solvent
Yes
Yes or no, depends. Like bore tech proof positive (and jags)
Eezox
Otis oil, Brownells action grease.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

GB1

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I use Tetra and Outers cleaning products and also Butches solvents at times

All Dogs Bite
All Horses Kick
All Boats Sink
And All Guns Are Loaded
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I use a bore snake on my BLR

All Dogs Bite
All Horses Kick
All Boats Sink
And All Guns Are Loaded
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I now only use nylon brushes - last longer than the bronze bristle and seem to clean just as well.

Hoppes No.9 and Sweets 7.62 used to work for me for many years (Hoppes for the powder fouling and Sweets for the copper) but I shoot big bores more often these days and they are all chronic copper foulers. I've experimented a little and have settled on using BoreTech Eliminator - does the job on both powder and copper fouling and has cut my cleaning time in half.

I've heard Wipeout is also very good but I haven't been able to find any on the shelves in my neck of the woods.

Sometimes I have to use Leadaway patches for any lead fouling when I mess around with cast projectiles. Choirboys copper wool hase been recommended to me for lead removal, but I couldn't find that here either.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
To the guys who use Eezox, I have some questions. Do you use it inside and out? The maker's website states that it is not compatible with petroleum-based products, so do you use anything else to lubricate the bolt lugs (I've always used a dab of Shooters Choice grease)? What is your bore cleaning procedure? I bought two cans, have treated my M77 inside and out as per Eezox instructions, but haven't fired it since, and have these nagging questions. Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks.
Jeff

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just tried some "Wipe Out" this week. Pretty good stuff. Might shave with it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffyD
To the guys who use Eezox, I have some questions. Do you use it inside and out? The maker's website states that it is not compatible with petroleum-based products, so do you use anything else to lubricate the bolt lugs (I've always used a dab of Shooters Choice grease)? What is your bore cleaning procedure? I bought two cans, have treated my M77 inside and out as per Eezox instructions, but haven't fired it since, and have these nagging questions. Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks.
Jeff

I use it in anywhere I might've used oil before, but want it to 1.)provide longer corrosion protection and 2.)want the thinnest film. So, bolts, bore after cleaning, all exterior bits, trigger group if feeling brave, etc. As I understand it, it's not that it's "incompatible" with other products so much as it will creep under/lift/dissolve them. I still use dab of grease on lugs.

Haven't used it for bore cleaning by itself.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Use Barsness' method of cleaning to bare metal. Dyna-Bore coat. Cure. Clean with Hoppes and a copper solvent. Shoot moly. Worry about cleaning again in a few years.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Originally Posted by JeffyD

Thanks.
Jeff

I use it in anywhere I might've used oil before, but want it to 1.)provide longer corrosion protection and 2.)want the thinnest film. So, bolts, bore after cleaning, all exterior bits, trigger group if feeling brave, etc. As I understand it, it's not that it's "incompatible" with other products so much as it will creep under/lift/dissolve them. I still use dab of grease on lugs.

Great info, thanks for the reply.
Jeff

Haven't used it for bore cleaning by itself.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Stainless steel rods
Kroil/shooters choice 50/50 mix
jags with cotton patch

I treat all my wood stocks with Howards feed and wax.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 42 invisible), 2,670 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,290
Posts18,467,910
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.