Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 16bore
How's your Paradox working out?

My Paradox? Don't have one, the waistbelt did not work for me. My build suits a Kifaru/Dana type belt. The pack is very well thought out though. Besides the Kifaru KU packs, it is the first purpose-built hunter's pack that some actual thought was given to reducing weight. Kifaru's KU series was yanked off of the market PDQ due to durability issues. I don't think the Paradox will suffer the same fate.

Last edited by Take_a_knee; 04/29/14. Reason: spellin'
BP-B2

16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Which Talon is this?

[Linked Image]

and here's a gillion dollar idea: Make an inflatable lumbar pad.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by cwh2
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

CW, GFY, and have a nice day.

Already having a nice day, but thanks for the well wishes. And a friendly GFY right back at ya.

As an aside... when did we stop giving out $1.25 with each GFY?

Maybe I'll buy you a beer someday at Chilkoot Charlie's, and some peanuts smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
How's your Paradox working out?

My Paradox? Don't have one, the waistbelt did not work for me. My build suits a Kifaru/Dana type belt. The pack is very well thought out though. Besides the Kifaru KU packs, it is the first purpose-built hunter's pack that some actual thought was given to reducing weight. Kifaru's KU series was yanked off of the market PDQ due to durability issues. I don't think the Paradox will suffer the same fate.

Ever handled a Stone Glacier?

Tanner

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Tanner

Tanner

No. I'm about done spending money on gear. Travel costs money too. The pics of the Stone Glacier looked like a Trapper Nelson to me, and I've used one of those, unfortunately.

Kifaru's Longhunter, after you get rid of that packbag and convert it to a drybag setup, and add KU stays, comes in at around five pounds. I'll carry it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trapper Nelson... that's kinda' funny. Oh well...

Tanner

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tanner

Tanner

No. I'm about done spending money on gear. Travel costs money too. The pics of the Stone Glacier looked like a Trapper Nelson to me, and I've used one of those, unfortunately.

Kifaru's Longhunter, after you get rid of that packbag and convert it to a drybag setup, and add KU stays, comes in at around five pounds. I'll carry it.

That sounds like an interesting setup. Do you have a picture of it?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by cwh2
Think Wiggys here - how many people have sworn never to buy a Wiggys bag without ever even seeing one due to the behavior of people associated with the company? I don't want to see that happen to SO or Paradox.

LOL. Don't go all wiggy on us, Kevin. Wow.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I'll answer the specific questions here, and then if any more need to be answered lets do it on a Paradox thread to avoid thread drift.

16Bore - That photo is of the discontinued dual zipper day talon which was offered in two sizes (1000 / 1800). The day talon differs from the other talons in that it has a stand alone harness system. It has been replaced by a simpler day talon that is a roll top with a small lid and some compression bungie. The photos on our site show a red pack, and I should have photos of more neutral colors soon. The newer talon is less expensive, and IMO just as functional if not more functional for all around use. The reason being is the larger roll top opening makes it more flexible for carrying all sorts of items, where the zippers confined things. The small lid basically replaces the shallow long pocket. The newer day talon is also less expensive, so over all I think it is a win win. It can hold more, compress better and is less expensive.

Regarding inflatable lumbar pads, I had contemplated that early on. Inflatable does carry some risk however as we tested the hipbelt, we felt that a lumbar pad simply was not needed and in fact was a detriment. Most users seem to agree, although some like a lumbar pad. The key really is that different designs function better with different execution. A static non articulating belt should have a lumbar pad IMO, but an articulating belt does not need one and it is in fact a detriment IMO. You can still get extra lumbar pressure if needed by putting some foam or pulling in compression real tight from the rear, but to my knowledge few have felt that necessary. Our belt does have tailoring in the lumbar area, which allows it to sit in the lumbar area vs a strait cut full wrap (which is most common).
In the end, IMO, certain designs lend themselves to certain things. A lumbar pad on a standard non articulating 3 piece belt is a good thing. On an articulating belt it generally creates more problems than it solves.

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
170 members (444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 24 invisible), 1,994 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.