Print Thread
Hop To
B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Any fire members from there or hunted there? Have seen various articles re their hunting, but can't recall any here. Seems like an interesting place.

Last edited by battue; 03/09/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
No personal experience but I hear good things about it and Romania.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I hunted the Czech Republic in 1993, and am getting in the mood to do it again. A wonderful country, with friendly people and GREAT beer--and the hunting ain't bad either! And it's well worth it to do a little touristing as well.

Unfortunately the outfitter I used back then isn't dealing with Czech hunts anymore, so I don't have any contacts.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'd get back there before Putin changes the landscape.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I doubt Putin is going to stir up anything with the Czech Republic. For one thing, unlike Ukraine it's a member of NATO. Second, it doesn't have a large Russian population Third, it doesn't have much oil or gas, and no seaport.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Prague is a great city with lots of ex-pat Americans. It is a really cool place to visit. I went hiking in the Tatras in Slovakia and I can see where there would be some good hunting in the region.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yeah, Prague is great! My wife and I spent a few days there after the hunt.

Another classic Czech town to visit (and not nearly as large as Prague) is Marianske Lazne--known to many Americans as Marienbad, its German name. Its known for its hot spring spas, but also has great architecture, scenery, food and beer. We stayed there during the hunt, at a B&B run by the folks who owned the local brewery. There was a little refrigerator in the room where we ate our meals with four kinds of beer, from Pilsener to stout, and it magically refilled every day while we were out hunting!

John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Another classic Czech town to visit (and not nearly as large as Prague) is Marianske Lazne--known to many Americans as Marienbad, its German name. Its known for its hot spring spas, but also has great architecture, scenery, food and beer. We stayed there during the hunt, at a B&B run by the folks who owned the local brewery. There was a little refrigerator in the room where we ate our meals with four kinds of beer, from Pilsener to stout, and it magically refilled every day while we were out hunting!

why in the hell didnt you bring the magic fridge back to the states?

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
It wouldn't fit in my duffle bag!

John Steinbeck
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
John,

pilsner are for german the real name is Pivo ...

Jena Pivo prosim or Dwa Pivo Prosim is always working ...

Phil

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

why in the hell didnt you bring the magic fridge back to the states?

Please forward price and pics of magic fridge please! What do you think shipping would cost? LMAO

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good beer and good looking women!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Gonna go there someday when the kids are bigger and cash isn't as tight. That's where my Dad's family is from originally(probably where I get my good looks wink ), still have (distant)relatives there that we stay in touch with.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was born there....kind of now. Im Slovakian. I was too young to hunt when I left there, but my dad was a member of hunting club. Duck, deer, fox, and boar from what I remember.
I want to go back and do a a boar hunt. some big nasty boys out there. one of the stories he told. Is he would hunt with his group at night over a mud hole in tree stand and when the pigs came in and were tearing up the soil they'd turn on a flood lights and blast away with their O/U loaded with buck shot.
I think he still talks to some of his buddies from there.
I would want to go up north to low or high tatras.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (69sportfury, 300jimmy, 338reddog, 2500HD, 14 invisible), 1,331 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,131
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.