Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I ask because I ran across the Fatal Steel broadhead that's coming out later this year and it sparked my interest. It reminds me a little of the Rocket Steelhead but Rockets aren't what they used to be, so I'm hoping this can be close to the old Steelhead. Its a 100gr steel broadhead with a moderate size cutting dia. The only thing that didn't excite me was the price ($45).

For those who shoot (or have shot) grim reaper, what are your thoughts on the quality?

Thanks

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Old four blade Muzzy. On e-bay. 90 or 100 grains. $28 for a six pack. Get a gun for what they won't kill.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everyone wants the latest greatest broadheads, but none of the old ones ever stopped working if you know how to sharpen them

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
In answering the question asked, Grim Reapers are good quality. I've shot the practice heads, haven't connected with anything live yet. The heads fly good for me, 400 grains, 29", and 60 pound draw.

My local pro shop swears by them and the Slick Tricks. They did a poor mans penetration test with a Rhinehart block target, the Reapers were the best penetrators by several inches.

As far as quality, I think they are a tough and well-manufactured product. The larger "Whitetail" heads are an overkill IMHO, but they sell a lot them here.

The blades tension on the spring in the head, screwing them on was a bit squirrelly, but not hugely tough.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Thanks I appreciate the replies. I've got nothing against the whitetail heads but I just figure the smaller ones will penetrate better at farther distances.

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Actually, the Whitetails went the deepest in the shop test, not a very sophisticated test, but opened a few eyes.

The GR blades are not any weaker than the Rockets, I shot those for a couple years coming back into archery.

280Ack has me hooked on trying the Grave Diggers this Spring. As long as they fly close to the same POI as the Rages, one will be screwed one waiting for a bird.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have killed a bunch of deer with the 1 and 3/4" and the two inch reaper mechanicals. Really like em, fly perfectly and and leave excellent blood trails. Dont think i have ever had a deer go over over 50 yards.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have heard mixed reviews on the Reapers. IMO the Grave Digger is by far the best mech head on the market. Bar none. Such a great head that Grim Reaper attempted to copy it for 2014. The fatal steel looks a lot like the NAP Shockwave.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]
The ORIGINATOR

[Linked Image]
The copy

[Linked Image]
The King

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,136
Posts18,464,777
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.