Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
That's certainly the big problem with optics selection these days. The places that have a decent selection are too few and too far between to be of much use in many cases. So we do what you do, research as best we can and do what we think will work for us. Hey, sometimes we are right too. So anyway, I would not sweat the Conquest too much. I'd be pretty surprised if you don't like them a lot.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by centershot
I suppose I'm not exactly married to them and could sell them at a little loss, but I'm hoping my homework will prevent that. At any rate I should know in a few days!

You can usually return them assuming still in new condition...no need to lose any more than the return shipping if you aren't happy with them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, I do believe Cameraland will do that - I'm hoping I don't need to find out. I have yet to hear anything negative (except maybe the eyecups?) about them - so hopefully they will work out.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Hey, relax about the eye cups. I was just pulling your chain a little smile. The comment in general was centered around my belief that the way a binocular fits your face and eyes are the most important things about a binocular. Usually when there is a gripe it may well be because the eye cups don't extend far enough for a particular user to get the distance from the ocular lens they need. They will likely be just fine for you.

Steve

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Centershot,

I don't think you will have a problem with them either though every person is different of course. The Mojaves are fast becoming my go to binocular. I believe they are going to replace my Sightron SII 8x32s at this point. I just have a hard time putting them down....even at work. wink

Frank
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks - until you guys mentioned it I never even noticed the eye cups on the several Conquest's that I tried. A couple of 10X42's and a 10X32. I just turned them out, put the binos up and went wow. I started seeing detail on mounts across the store that I did not notice with the others. And really liked how they felt along with the smooth workings of the focus knob (unlike the Swarovski CL-awful). The Conquest HD had that immediate feeling of quality.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Well, it's been six months since the last guy posted on these. Have any of you guys had a chance to give these a good honest try? I'm thinking about buying some of these, based solely on the positive reviews I've seen..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I kept the review set I had and I probably use them at least as much as any other binocular I own. I guess when it comes right down to it, I'd be happy enough if the Mojave 8x32 was my only binocular.

Steve

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks Steve. I've seen your review all over the internet. Good stuff. I'll be trying a pair out this weekend for deer season. I'm hoping they work out well for me.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Great binos, as far as I'm concerned. Here's how I rate them:

Pros:

1. Perfect size for woods hunting
2. Excellent glass.
3. Good ergo's.
4. I love the rubberized armored coating. Extremely quiet when bumped against things.
5. Great light gathering.
6. Good eye relief
7. Comfortable strap.
8. Wide eyepiece didn't bother me like I thought it would.

Cons:

1. Focus ring sounds/feels gritty.
2. Rubber lens caps sticky.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

638 members (1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 65 invisible), 2,048 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,244
Posts18,447,917
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.