Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
cdi23 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Been looking at some small 9's lately for concealed carry. I like the Kahr CW 9 after handling one. Also like the looks of the Keltec PF-9 though I haven't handled one. What are your thoughts on these or suggestions for others that would fit the bill?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Define "affordable".

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ruger LC9. I own two and won't even sell one to my son:)

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cdi23
Been looking at some small 9's lately for concealed carry. I like the Kahr CW 9 after handling one. Also like the looks of the Keltec PF-9 though I haven't handled one. What are your thoughts on these or suggestions for others that would fit the bill?
I've got an M&P Compact that I like pretty well. For even greater concealment, there is the Shield, which is a single-stack version of the pistol I have.

An even more compact pistol is the Kel Tec, but I think these are unacceptable in the reliability department. From my experience with Kel Tec's single stack, I'm not buying a Smith Shield to replace my Compact model because I like the way the wider grip spreads the recoil out in a small, light pistol that is relatively hard-kicking.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not sure that a Glock 26 would meet your definition of what you are looking for but it adds accuracy to your formula.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Review this thread: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...637413/Kahr_CM9_vs_Ruger_LC9#Post8637413

It covers some of what you're asking about. Good luck with your decision!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sherri LOVES her Kel Tec PF-9, and I like it too fpr what it is. Lightest of any, no stupid external safety to learn and have to manipulate in a crisis, and to her, a much nicer trigger than the KAHR CW-9 that this replaced. We both also like our Kel Tec P3AT as a pocket pistol when one or other of us cannot wear our regular daily carry piece.

Give them a good, long, serious look. Lightest and smallest of the compact 9's so far, also. About $300-325 new out the door most places. Lots of gun for the weight and money in our opinions.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
LC9 is a good one. I also like the SR9c. Either will serve you well.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Kahr CM9 is smaller than the CW9 and is approx. the same price.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
The Kahr CM9 is smaller than the CW9 and is approx. the same price.

Jerry

What he said!
I carried a CW40 once I got a CM9 it was that much better
I really like them

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I can vouch for the Ruger LC9. My brother bought two of them for less than $370.00 each. I've put over three hundred rounds through them without any malfunctions. That has included cast, fmj and hollow point ammo in three different bullet weights. Very fun to play dualling coke cans out to 25 yards.

They have decent triggers and sights. They are compact enough to be able to carry in the front pocket of your wranglers. They come with two magazines and floor plates. You can take the extended floor plate off and replace it with the flat one. That really makes for easy pocket carry.

If I didn't already have 2in. barreled .38s I would buy one for my own carry gun.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Glock 26.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still haven't seen the definition of "affordable" as it applies to this thread. But just over 2 years ago I got a brand new Glock G19 Gen 3 which is small and light and in 9mm and I really like it. I had shot one belonging to someone else a few times and it kind of grew on me to get one of my own.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
LC9.... I have two, I liked the 1st one so well, I picked up another one at the Gun show yesterday. Dealer was selling them for 309 out the door. I could not pass it up.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by viking
Glock 26.

This

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

C
cdi23 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Lot's of good suggestions here! I'm wanting to stay around $350 give or take. Trying to narrow it down to 3 or 4 then go to a gun show and handle them before making the final choice. Don't really understand Keltec's statement that you can shoot +P's some, but not too much. Looks like either you could or couldn't. What's up with that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For $350ish, get the LC9 (under that) or a used G26 (over that).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cdi23
Lot's of good suggestions here! I'm wanting to stay around $350 give or take. Trying to narrow it down to 3 or 4 then go to a gun show and handle them before making the final choice. Don't really understand Keltec's statement that you can shoot +P's some, but not too much. Looks like either you could or couldn't. What's up with that?
You don't want the KelTec. They are unreliable. You can shoot +P's until they blow up. The single stack Kel Tec kicks like a Missouri Mule too.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've got a hard chromed PF9. Only problem I've had, was after I first got it, I ran 200 rounds through it in about an hour to check its reliability. There wasn't even a bobble.

The problem was the hole it wore on the inside base of my right thumb (shooting right handed) from the cumulative effects of rotation due to recoil after every shot. You can't get a pinky on it to aid in stabilizing it fully due to the short grip. Don't think I'd care to run too many +P's thru it.

I like the price, the trigger, the sights, the size, and the weight. For actually shooting, I prefer my Kahr P9 'cause it has a grip I can get my whole hand on and it's only very slightly larger and heavier.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Consider a Daewoo DP51 9mm pistol. They were imported thirty something years ago. There is one for sale now $275. On gunbroker.com
They use S&W magazines

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 224th, 54 invisible), 2,085 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,542
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.