Page 28 of 28 1 2 26 27 28
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by Pat85
Why buy something for millions when you can just steal one.

And what are you going to do with it when the whole world is looking for it? Part it out?

They're gonna try to fly it to Israel and crash it into something. They didn't steal it to sell it.

I don't know, CNN is reporting that a 777 has been posted for sale on Craigslist......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Unreal. On Fox. Two airline experts. The black ex airline pilot says if the plane crashes on land or in 5 feet of salt water the ETS (?) comes on to help locate it. He waxes long and strong the plane has not crashed. The white dude waits and then explains that the ETS (LTS?) comes on only if the plane crashes on land. He explains the doohickey that comes on in 5 ft of salt water is a becon that pings.

Black expert pilot then says, uh, that's right. Chitt is hard to turn off or maybe can't be turned off, etc, etc.

Here's the one scenario where they both could be right and wrong ...

A successful controlled water landing.

The one question I have that directly relates to this is ...

When Captain Sully landed in the Hudson River did it set off the ELB?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If he'd done it in Malaysia, apparently no one would ever know.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm quite aware that Israel is on alert. One problem is that all the countries to the east of them hate their guts. Their warning system had better be good, because nobody else is gonna warn them and time is of the essence when the distance is that short.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep. Other airports, in enemy territory, are only minutes away. Israel reports they feel they are in no danger, but unlike demoncraps, are taking no chances.

Last edited by eyeball; 03/17/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm quite aware that Israel is on alert. One problem is that all the countries to the east of them hate their guts. Their warning system had better be good, because nobody else is gonna warn them and time is of the essence when the distance is that short.

as I said before they change the color scheam to American aircraft that flies 777 change sign on transponders and other signal equip mimick anothers plane sign you may not know something is wrong till 5 mins out , have you time to react and is it over target when you do ??? meaning if you blow it out of the sky you still damage the targert, either by fuel dumped ,plane debris or explosive cargo,and you did not have to pay for the plane which is [not sure here] about the largest comm jet that has enough 1000 units in the air.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
See Sycamore's post. Seems very plausible.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'll add to my first guess that the pilots and crew were involved by saying I believe the plane is likely in Pakistan.

I believe wreckage would have been found by now.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac

I believe wreckage would have been found by now.

Nah, it took them a year to find the Air France plane, and they knew where to look....

The ocean is a big sumbitch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
13.52 Reports from a Maldives news organisation that islanders saw a "low flying jumbo jet". The Haveeru news website reports witnesses saw a plane flying low at around 6.15am on March 8. It was apparently flying north to south-east. A witness told the news organisation

Quote I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.

It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too.

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Former navy man and former commercial flight commander on Rush says US now has a lot of foreign pilots who have not been background checked in flight commander positions for US Airlines. crazy

He thinks there was a fight between the pilots and the plane went to 45,000 ft and stalled. Recovery at 25,000 ft. He said if it was driven into the ocean at 600 knots after burning most of its fuel there would be nothing size able left and minimal slick. He figures the plane will never be found.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Maybe Putin annexed it.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by broomd
13.52 Reports from a Maldives news organisation that islanders saw a "low flying jumbo jet". The Haveeru news website reports witnesses saw a plane flying low at around 6.15am on March 8. It was apparently flying north to south-east. A witness told the news organisation

Quote I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.

It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too.

This seems to be the best or at least most informative piece of information yet.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Maybe Putin annexed it.

That made me ROR!!!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by broomd

This seems to be the best or at least most informative piece of information yet.

If this info is correct they should be able to find the plane in a couple of days ... or so.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It has landed in Crimea and is now the property of the USSR

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 28 of 28 1 2 26 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,308
Posts18,468,178
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.